Harry Redknapp

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Oh no Harry....you been letting your Dog loose on your financial matters again?

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-08/harry-redknapp-and-caitlyn-jenner-accepted-thousands-to-promote-charity/

Actually in fairness not sure what the story is here.....surely being offered money to promote anything, a business or charity is not illegal? Surely Dispatches has got better things to concentrate on?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to detest folk who would only help charities if they got paid... then I got lectured by someone on £80k a year, who brought in over half a million a year for the charity.  My perspective changed that day.

It seems these celebs were deliberately targeted, for the sole purpose of making them look bad and uncharitable.

What say it frightens them (celebs in general) off in future, charitable donations plummet because of it, and the makers of Channel 4's Despatches programme are forced to make up the shortfall!  Snide Bamfords!

I have a sister in the business of show and she was invited to a charity do at the London headquarters of one of the country’s biggest charities and during the small talk with some big shot from the charity, she commented on a beautiful chandelier only to be told “Yes, we got it for 66,000, we’re very pleased with it.

It put me off that particular charity I must say. 

The problem is more the way charities have increasingly become "big" professional organizations - with the overheads, staffing, marketing etc that go with it whilst the public still think of them as being entirely selfless giving and it's always a bad taste to be reminded it's not like that.

I like celebrates who just have one charitable cause that they campaign for, I think it's dementia that Robbie Savage campaigns for etc.

That, and obviously support the local community charitable causes in your area.

Archived