Barry Bannan - Aston Villa

David

Would be nice to think we could have first dibs and get him for a full season, I guess that depends on who Villa sign in the summer. I'm sure O'Neill will see the benefits of us having him and playing a full season in the Championship than playing in the reserve team.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vicky-27;5622

0121 327 2299 don't know the extention number tho

You actually searched for the Aston Villa number

Thought I'd put it in Google and see what random place came up, although it wasn't random it was Villas phone number lol

• 4 weeks later...

Boss in bid to extend bannan's loan stay

Derby County want to extend the loan of Scottish under-21 midfielder Barry Bannan until the end of the season.

Rams manager Nigel Clough has been pleased with the 19-year-old’s contribution in three matches since arriving from Aston Villa.

His one-month stay is due to end after the Easter Monday game against Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers at Pride Park but Derby will speak to Villa this week about keeping the youngster for longer.

Bannan came on as a substitute against Sheffield United and Barnsley and started Saturday’s draw with Burnley.

“Barry’s shown enough, either coming on or starting, and he’s given us something a bit different,” said Clough.

"He can fill a number of positions. If Kris Commons wasn’t fit, he could go and play off the front man or go wide left or right or even in the centre of midfield.

"So he’s a good little player to have around.

“We will be getting in touch with Villa to see if we can extend the loan.”

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/boss-in-bid-to-extend-bannans-loan-stay]http://therams.co.uk/stories/boss-in-bid-t...nnans-loan-stay

Bannan Loan Extended

Barry Bannan will stay with Derby County until the end of the season. The extension of his original month loan at Pride Park means Bannan can play a part in the final six Championship clashes of the season.

The Rams take on Sheffield Wednesday (a), Wolves (h), Crystal Palace (a), Reading (h), Charlton (h) and Watford (a) as Nigel Clough's men look to pull away from the relegation trapdoor.

The young midfielder scored on his debut in the 4-2 defeat by Sheffield United at Bramall Lane while he has also been involved in subsequent clashes with Barnsley, Burnley and Cardiff.

[url=http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265%7E1623436,00.html]http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1623436,00.html

Barry's thumbs up for Rams

Barry Bannan would jump at the chance to rejoin Derby County next season if Aston Villa allow him to go out on loan again.

Bannan’s one-month loan is due to expire after Derby’s home game against Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday but will be extended until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old has caught the eye in his four appearances and can play across midfield or off the striker as he did at Cardiff City on Wednesday.

Villa manager Martin O’Neill sent the Scottish Under-21 international out on loan to gain first-team experience and Bannan is delighted to be at Derby.

His aim is to continue to impress and then try and force his way into Villa’s squad next season.

“I set myself high targets and I hope I can get a place in the Villa squad. My main objective is to get in the first team,†said Bannan. "The gaffer (O’Neill) has said he has high hopes for me and sent me out to Derby to see if I can handle it.

"Sometimes you think that going out on loan could be a bad thing but he was quick to reassure me that it wasn’t, it was to get me first-team football to see where I am.

"If Villa buy players in the summer I could get pushed down again and I wouldn’t mind coming back to Derby because it’s a brilliant club.

"I would never say ‘no’ to this club because of what they have done for me so far.

"Derby’s probably the biggest club outside the Premiership, so it would be a brilliant move again if that’s what the two clubs wanted.

"The lads here have all encouraged me because I’m probably one of the youngest in the team.

“I get a lift in with Gary Teale every morning. He’s helped me around the training ground and introduced me to a few players.â€Â

Having worked under O’Neill and Rams boss Nigel Clough, Bannan sees the similarities between the two managers.

“They are both old-school in the way they approach it, they just keep everything simple and everyone enjoys the training,†said Bannan.

Rams coach Gary Crosby said: "We are looking for Barry to stay until the end of the season and are just waiting for confirmation.

“Barry wants to stay, we want him to stay and Aston Villa are happy. I think they will put a 24-hour recall clause in the loan.â€Â

Bannan made his debut for Derby in the defeat at Sheffield United and scored. He returns to Sheffield today when the Rams take on Wednesday at Hillsborough.

“Hopefully we can win the game. I’m not really fussed about scoring, the result is the main thing,†he said.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/barrys-thumbs-up-for-rams]http://therams.co.uk/stories/barrys-thumbs-up-for-rams

Great news, hopefully Villa will allow him to come back next season.

• 1 month later...

Barry Bannan has been extremely pleased with his couple of month loan spell at Derby County.

Speaking to RamsWorld for the last time Bannan revealed he had only two aims for his loan spell, get plenty of time of the pitch and help County secure the points to avoid relegation.

It was two for two aswell for the diddly little man!

The 19 year old said:

'It has been brilliant to come in and help the lads.

'Obviously we were trying to stay above the relegation line and we had a few tough weeks where we played well but weren't winning games.

'We were a bit down because of that but in the end we didn't care about the performances, we just wanted the points, and we got them.

'I think the fans have been brilliant. They have been right behind us every game, and even when we have been losing they've spurred us on.

'It really is an incredible crowd to play in front of and I would like to thank them for their support during the games.'

For all intents and purposes Barry's loan spell has been hugely success and it's no secret Nigel of the Clough wouldn't mind getting his hands on him in a more permanent way.

Whilst I don't believe we should entertain that yet, maybe a season long loan would be a way forward.

I'm not sure Bannan is yet ready to stake a proper claim for first team action, although no doubt he'd get more run outs in the Europa league again, but a complete season could be the making of him.

Wonder if he will be back next season ?

Archived