A special guest at yesterday's game against ManU

Jack Willow

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, someone had to replace me as the legend in the stadium while I wasn’t there. 

I was disappointed that you, as my own personal stand in “legend” couldn’t do this for me - letdown and had to find a alternative at short notice. 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

3-0 defeat as well. Told you he could never do as good a job influencing things as me

£6 deduction in your appearance fee 

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Nice that

Great player

Edit - just read he left us to go to Napoli to get first team football - that is not my memory of it lol

It was at a time that there was a limit on the number of "foreign" players and Jim couldn't squeeze him in.

One of the saddest sights I have ever seen during a football match was seeing Ace sitting by himself down by the touchline rather than on the bench, or better yet, on the pitch ?

On 06/03/2020 at 19:12, Wolfie20 said:

Memory playing tricks again - I thought he played far more than 38 games for us. I enjoyed watching him almost as much as Igor.

I think it was Igor who helped to persuade Asanovic to join Derby. Another exceptional talent and part of Jimmy Smith's magical DCFC squad. 

10 minutes ago, europia said:

I think it was Igor who helped to persuade Asanovic to join Derby. Another exceptional talent and part of Jimmy Smith's magical DCFC squad. 

And Jim was clever enough to sign him up before the Euro 96 tournament in which he played so well that his fee would have been much higher afterwards.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And Jim was clever enough to sign him up before the Euro 96 tournament in which he played so well that his fee would have been much higher afterwards.

Loved watching him in the Euros, listening to the commentators drooling over him whilst knowing that we'd already signed him. Croatia was my "2nd" (international) team in '96 and still is now.

Archived