v Blackburn Rovers (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great performance, I loved that. I worried we’d miss Rooney but the maturity of these kids is unbelievable. Sibley, Bird and Knight superb. And massive performances from Martin and Shinnie. Lovely stuff.

Highly satisfactory performance for me, got a little concerned with the lull around the hour mark but some of our stuff was exquisite at times. 

Well done you Rams, not going to highlight some of the stuff lacking from one of the chaps, he’ll know he could have played better and hopefully address it next time out. 

Unbelievable performance today. Everyone was excellent and you could probably pick from 5 or 6 for the MOTM.

Hamer 8 - Dealt with crosses well and made the saves when needed.

Bogle 9 - Looked back to his best. Brilliant defensively and even better going forward.

Wisdom 8 - Was fantastic defensively and was brilliant picking passes.

Clarke 9 - Dominant at the back.

Forsyth 7 - Probably the worst performer for us today but I still think he did really well. He was just a little sloppy on the ball on occasions. 

Bird 9 - Same as usual.

Shinnie 9 (My MOTM) - Best performance in a Derby shirt. I was a little concerned when I saw he was brought in to do Rooney's role, but he did it perfectly.

Knight 9 - Very good performance.

Sibley 9 - That's another youngster who's cemented his spot in the 18 man squad. Had a quiet second half which is understandable given we were on the back foot a bit, but probably the pick of the bunch from that first half.

Waghorn 7 - Probably should have got a goal or 2, but other than that he was great.

Martin 9 - Get him that new contract.

One of the best performances of the season and certainly the best we've looked at playing it out from the back.

Was worried we were nothing without Rooney on the pitch dictating things, especially as results only picked up after he joined. But that game proves we’re more than a one-man team. A Rooney-less performance like that will do wonders for the squad’s confidence.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Unbelievable performance today. Everyone was excellent and you could probably pick from 5 or 6 for the MOTM.

Bogle 9 - Looked back to his best. Brilliant defensively and even better going forward.

Forsyth 7 - Probably the worst performer for us today but I still think he did really well. He was just a little sloppy on the ball on occasions. 

Bird 9 - Same as usual.

Shinnie 9 (My MOTM) - Best performance in a Derby shirt. I was a little concerned when I saw he was brought in to do Rooney's role, but he did it perfectly.

Sibley 9 - That's another youngster who's cemented his spot in the 18 man squad. Had a quiet second half which is understandable given we were on the back foot a bit, but probably the pick of the bunch from that first half.

Waghorn 7 - Probably should have got a goal or 2, but other than that he was great.

One of the best performances of the season and certainly the best we've looked at playing it out from the back.

Agree with all of that 

can we start a petition or crowdfunding page to get Martin his contract 

Martin has to get another year, best free signing you’ll see certainly in a long time

Youth coming through is exciting some serious talent Mel will be rubbing his hands together!

Cocu’s and the staffs work starting to come together.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Bird 9 - Same as usual.

Agree with most of that, but Hamer, 8?

He had at least 4 dodgy moments.

Not quite Roos dodgy, but dodgy nevertheless.

Archived