To all the moaners....

IslandExile

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Do you still not see it?

Do you still not get what Cocu is building? And how he's doing it?

Every match thread, it's a race to see who can whinge about the team selection first.

Tonight was no different.... "How are we going to beat the fifth best team in the country without Davies in central defence and Malone amongst the substitutes?"

The youngsters were brilliant tonight and will learn so much from their experience.

Some people just like to complain. I get that. But Cocu is establishing a real foundation here, he's looking long term. He will build a successful Derby County team and sustain that, over years, by using the academy to its fullest.

Do you not want to embrace that?

Do you not want to ride the wave of the next golden period in this great club's glorious history?

Don't miss out. Support Cocu. Support the kids. Support the team. Support the club.

COYR ? Come on Cocu?

What a croc of poo. He has ample time between now and the end of the season to play around and develop.  This was the FACup and he was a coward and hid behind development.. Injuries aside, who changes a winning team to play in your biggest game of the season.. A fool does. 

Season over now.. We put that cat out last night. Someone lock the doors on the way out.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw the team i wasn't happy with Roos/Evans/Forsyth (as a CB) and I was a bit concerned there were too many youngsters. Whilst I still think he should have played Wisdom and Clarke it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Roos had his best game for some time although I wouldn't keep him in for Blackburn. Evans seemed fairly solid and did his job. In my mind he is a much better defender than midfielder and could be a no. 3 defender for us next season. Forsyth did ok and it is hard to tell whether Wisdom/ Clarke would have prevented the last 2 goals.

Likewise when Lawrence went off I felt Whittaker wasn't the best option to come on. I haven't been impressed with him however I wasn't impressed with Bird last season or Knight at the start of the season. There is no telling whether or not he will make it but I'm not going to dismiss him yet as if he can learn to adapt his game from U23's he could well be a breakout player next season. Fans getting on his back isn't helpful and is rather short sighted.

The reality is Man Utd are a very good, expensively assembled team and I doubt we would have won the way they played. Credit to our boys who created chances rather than tried to sit back and hope for a counter. It could have been 4-3 rather than 3-0 but I always felt Utd could have stepped it up a gear if needed. They made mistakes but tonight was great for them. We aren't going up this season as we aren't consistent enough but I am looking forward to next season as if we can strengthen the defence we should be fun to watch. Last season we relied on 3 loanees and only Bogle was given a chance from our youth team. A new approach was needed and Cocu has delivered on that. We need to be patient as the last few years have demonstrated that is badly needed. 

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We were playing probably the worst Man Utd team in the last god knows how many years at home for a place in the 1/4 finals of the biggest club cup competition in the world against the worst team in the premiership....we should have thrown everything at It. 
I agree, it’s great to see the kids playing, if one or maybe two of them go on to be a decent pro then that’s great too but tonight was a missed opportunity  

I love Cocu, and want him to succeed more than I can ever remember wanting any other manager to succeed (aside maybe from Nigel) but I just think that tonight was a glorious chance that we never looked like taking from the moment the team sheet was put out. 

You mean the team sat 5th in the Premier League on a 10 match unbeaten streak, keeping clean sheets in 8 of them matches? Yeah it really was a simple opportunity and I reckon if he played Curtis Davies we would probably have walked it.

Have you ever thought that the negativity coming from fans may affect the players?

We never looked like taking the opportunity? What about when Sibleys shot went just wide or Rooney had his free kick saved in the bottom corner? If we had taken the lead who knows what may have happened? Hey even you might have got behind the team at that point, rather than sitting there waiting to tell everyone Cocu's team selection was wrong?

5 hours ago, MikeS said:

So what's bigger than getting into the quarterfinals of the FA Cup and potentially even the semis?

Longer term? How long? Some of the youngsters are "coming on" and showing potential. In a year or so, they may have faded or  been sold to other clubs. Mistakes were made tonight and that by a manager who has consistently shown a bizarre streak in decision making with his team selections and set-up. All right, blood some of the younger players but be astute and mix them up with experienced players. And don't play a guy who has never been a regular choice and been injured for months suddenly n his first game back against a team like United. Puzzling or downright ridiculous?  

As soon as u said that second statement I thought straight away of Callum ball... goal scoring sensation at youth levels, came in and scored a lovely brace to win us a very important relegation scrap of a game against Coventry I think it was ... big hopes , big expectations 

Potential is just that ... potential 

I do think a lot of people here genuinely think we have a united style golden generation 

I think we need to temper expectations a little with regard to them, Iv already read people saying sibley will be the next will Hughes... let’s just settle down a little bit, it might never happen 

they’re all in a wonderful place to learn and grow and hopefully they will. 

we had a few chances but united were never really in danger.

The first goal was a fluke but the others were a bit too easy. We have some good young midfielders. That ball from knight across the face of the goal should have been finished off. Sibbo is very positive. Bird has good feet although that wasn’t his best game. If there are negatives then it’s still about the ability to defend and look solid at the back. 
p.s. I think @Angry Ram has a point. We should be playing sibbo more in the league and not rolling over in the cup.

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

You can moan about certain decisions, and still support the manager. I still support Cocu, he gets more right than he gets wrong, but I still think he got certain decisions wrong tonight. 

Name decision he got wrong that would have won us the game?????????????????

7 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

Name decision he got wrong that would have won us the game?????????????????

The Defense was too weak. 

Just wanted a CB tbh. Love the cup. Have been annoyed every time we’ve disrespected the competition, regardless of the manager. 

Nobody is asking for Cocu to get the sack, think 95% of us are more than happy with the direction we’re headed. But if you can’t understand people having a moan when we field a centre back pairing like last night against United in the FA cup then I think your heads lodged up your arris. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

They had Ighalo and Lingard playing up front and lindelhof and bailey at the back....for gods sake, we will be coming across better than that against Blackburn on Sunday..!! 

And every single one of them would walk into our team, three of them being way, way too good for this division... Have you just expended your irrational hate towards the Liverpool or spamming for fun?

Usually either Bailly and Lindelöf and plays with Maguire and as he was injured,so they had their best players at the back.

34 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What a croc of poo. He has ample time between now and the end of the season to play around and develop.  This was the FACup and he was a coward and hid behind development.. Injuries aside, who changes a winning team to play in your biggest game of the season.. A fool does. 

Season over now.. We put that cat out last night. Someone lock the doors on the way out.

can i suggest you change your name to Mr Negative ,dont you ever post anything praising the club

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Just wanted a CB tbh. Love the cup. Have been annoyed every time we’ve disrespected the competition, regardless of the manager. 

Nobody is asking for Cocu to get the sack, think 95% of us are more than happy with the direction we’re headed. But if you can’t understand people having a moan when we field a centre back pairing like last night against United in the FA cup then I think your heads lodged up your arris. 

we play again on Sunday there has to be rotation at Davis age 2 games in 3 days not on the cards.We got beat by a far better side

The amount of people in this thread that think there was some kind of magic combination that was left out last night who have spent the majority of the season, and seasons past, being poo but would’ve suddenly beat Man Utd is laughable. 

They did a fully respectable, professional job last night. Picking a team consisting of about £300m worth of players with Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, Fernandes and McTominay all first choice players, and Romero as Argentina’s number 1, Mata having won everything in football and Bailly having been first choice prior to long term injury. 

Meanwhile, we left out Andre Wisdom who couldn’t get a look in 3 months ago but is now suddenly Maldini at centre back when he had never played there for us not long ago. Also, Cocu said he was ill... so there is that. He saw an opportunity to see Evans and he took it.

Yes, we probably could’ve picked a better centre back pairing, but absolutely no argument with the rest of that team and in my opinion, the rest of that team is the best we have. It’s full of pace, energy and excitement, something we have been crying out for and I hope that the core of that is what gets put out in the league. 

Well, I did my best to get an abandonment at half time! 
Went outside with my fag-smoking mate, and spotted an unattended rucksack directly under the drivers cab of a unattended double decker at the top of the steps along the North Stand.  Reported it to the stewards, and they gingerly flounced around for a few minutes before getting on their radios.

Went back in for the second half, and said bag was gone when we came out at full time.

I know I shouldn't joke about these things, but I was kinda hoping for a stadium evacuation around the 55 min mark!   

Also something I've never noticed before... and it's hard to not notice them!... was two very large police horsebox lorries parked up in front of the former Jag showroom down by the old Cattle Market.  Nobody about by the time I went past at 7ish, so I guess the horses were already deployed (I go straight to NE Corner, so don't see much of the stadium perimeter).  Not seen them down there before, even for Forest/Leeds etc?

Oh... The game itself?  It was all a bit meh, wannit!  Just a clear difference in class.  No shame in that, and there were hints of positive things to come, so I'm not too disheartened.

Don't think I'll miss those extra's in the crowd we hired in either, come Sunday.  They didn't particularly add anything positive to the occasion... not around the NE corner anyway!  

20 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

we play again on Sunday there has to be rotation at Davis age 2 games in 3 days not on the cards.We got beat by a far better side

All you need is a bit of luck in a game like that. If Sibley's early shot nestles in the bottom corner it's game on. It's the cup, it happens. It happened to us last year at Old Trafford. It happened at Elland Road in a similar type game. Are those not the two best games from last season? Of course they are. We just gave a potential opportunity lip service and went out all smiling, cheering, clapping Rooney and saying 'awww kids did well didn't they'. Balls to that. Love the cup. 

I don't expect to beat United, it's just annoying when we're not giving ourselves the best chance to. 

There is no "magic combination" as you put it @Srg but that CB pairing is horsesheet and you know it. George Evans starting in our first 11 in the league would have bemused most, never mind last night. 

I don't really want to keep banging on about it but holier than thou threads like this can do one. 

31 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Also something I've never noticed before... and it's hard to not notice them!... was two very large police horsebox lorries parked up in front of the former Jag showroom down by the old Cattle Market.  Nobody about by the time I went past at 7ish, so I guess the horses were already deployed (I go straight to NE Corner, so don't see much of the stadium perimeter).  Not seen them down there before, even for Forest/Leeds etc?

It was a one-off for this big game apparently.  We borrowed them from South Yorkshire. I didn't see them last night but I always see them at the top of the hill at Sheffield Wednesday games. Brilliant, aren't they? 

Archived