Boro

Seaside Ram

17 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Imagine the delicious scenario where we get a points a deduction that is not enough for us to finish below Middlesbrough. We finish a place ahead of them again - 4th from bottom, they get relegated.

Imagine his face.

I don't think there's a chance of us getting that many points taken off us.

10 games ago Luton were 7 points away from 21st, 13 points behind Boro and 18 ahead of Hull. If teams carry their form from the previous 10 games into the final 10, Luton escape the drop, with Boro and Hull fighting for bottom spot.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

10 games ago Luton were 7 points away from 21st, 13 points behind Boro and 18 ahead of Hull. If teams carry their form from the previous 10 games into the final 10, Luton escape the drop, with Boro and Hull fighting for bottom spot.

Also, even if we did have that many points taken of us, I fancy us to collect more points than boro between now and the end of the season. We won’t remain undefeated to the end of the season, so there will be a few moments of wrist slashing chaos I’m sure, but ultimately I’m confident we could finish a good 15pts or so ahead of Boro. 

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Imagine the delicious scenario where we get a points a deduction that is not enough for us to finish below Middlesbrough. We finish a place ahead of them again - 4th from bottom, they get relegated.

Imagine his face.

I'd pay good money to have a picture of his face at the final whistle of the last game, if this came to pass

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

I don’t feel any animosity towards boro or steve Gibson.

If we are being honest, he has a fair point regarding stadium sales to related parties and their ffp implications. If we hadn’t made the move we have, then I suspect we would probably agree with him.

Has Mel not got a fair point in that this transaction was authorised by the EFL? Either its approved and legal or it isn't. Cant be both!

When Gibson first got involved they were in the old third division. A lot of Boro fans think he has lost interest now and is just taking them back down to where he found them. I like Boro as a football club and I like the fans, but if they have to suffer to see Gibson get what he deserves its a price I'm willing to pay.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Before the Leeds game Boro played all of the bottom three one after another- Luton, Barnsley and Wigan and they managed only 1 point out of those three games. Looking at Boros remaining fixtures I think they are going to be fighting for which relegation place they take rather than whether they can stay up.

ideal situation is thay they draw tonight with some Boro player kicking the poo out of either Lolley or Grabban, putting them out for the rest of the season (no longer than that, I'm not wishing career threatening injuries on anybody!), Boro get relegated and Forest drop to 12th by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

ideal situation is thay they draw tonight with some Boro player kicking the poo out of either Lolley or Grabban, putting them out for the rest of the season (no longer than that, I'm not wishing career threatening injuries on anybody!), Boro get relegated and Forest drop to 12th by the end of the season.

Nah, sod that, I feel very dirty saying it, hope Forest muller them.

19 hours ago, GenBr said:

When Gibson first got involved they were in the old third division. A lot of Boro fans think he has lost interest now and is just taking them back down to where he found them. I like Boro as a football club and I like the fans, but if they have to suffer to see Gibson get what he deserves its a price I'm willing to pay.

Before the Leeds game Boro played all of the bottom three one after another- Luton, Barnsley and Wigan and they managed only 1 point out of those three games. Looking at Boros remaining fixtures I think they are going to be fighting for which relegation place they take rather than whether they can stay up.

Just made me look, fixtures this month.

Charlton (a), Swansea (h), Stoke (a), Hull (a). 

That’s a pretty tricky run when you’re out of form. 

19 hours ago, GenBr said:

Na they can get ducked as far as I'm concerned.  Tinpot little club that barely filled their ground even when they're in the Prem.  Odious little twerp of a chairmen as well... 

gorilla watching GIF by Cheezburger

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Just made me look, fixtures this month.

Charlton (a), Swansea (h), Stoke (a), Hull (a). 

That’s a pretty tricky run when you’re out of form. 

Over on the Boro forums their main concern is that they still have to play the likes of Swansea, Bristol and Millwall and of their "easy" games like Hull and Stoke virtually all of them are away.  Boro are one of the few teams to have a worse away record than us this season, so can't say it looks good for them.

On 03/03/2020 at 17:23, GenBr said:

Over on the Boro forums their main concern is that they still have to play the likes of Swansea, Bristol and Millwall and of their "easy" games like Hull and Stoke virtually all of them are away.  Boro are one of the few teams to have a worse away record than us this season, so can't say it looks good for them.

You'd think they'd be good away considering they do so much research

Archived