Boro

Seaside Ram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro being in the bottom 3 isn't great for the Football League with potential sanctions for three teams above them. Gibson has shown he's not afraid to kick up a storm. 

I'm not quite sure what's happened to them, it's not like they've got a bad squad and their youth team is extremely well funded and seem to produce good players at a steady rate. They won 4 on the bounce, with away wins against WBA and Preston, and have since gone on a winless run of 11. Woodgate was an horrendously poor choice for them considering their situation. 

I don’t feel any animosity towards boro or steve Gibson.

If we are being honest, he has a fair point regarding stadium sales to related parties and their ffp implications. If we hadn’t made the move we have, then I suspect we would probably agree with him.

Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If we are being honest, he has a fair point regarding stadium sales to related parties and their ffp implications. If we hadn’t made the move we have, then I suspect we would probably agree with him.

Wonder what his views are on selling tax losses in order to gain a financial advantage when it comes to FFP?

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Wonder what his views are on selling tax losses in order to gain a financial advantage when it comes to FFP?

Or the fact that they, like many others, have completely used and abused parachute payments, which are meant to pay off premier league contracts, not buy over priced players. I’m sure Gibbo has too much integrity to play the system and exploit the loopholes. 

40 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Gibson's issue wasn't with selling the stadium, but selling it for more than it's worth. Given it was valued by professional valuers (supposedly one of the biggest in the world), I think we can trust they valued it correctly.

I would take a Forest win tonight, just to keep Gibson in the bottom 3, Forest can go on and lose all their remaining games after this. Just help send Boro down as it would be a beautiful ending to this bizarre season.

5 hours ago, David said:

I would take a Forest win tonight, just to keep Gibson in the bottom 3, Forest can go on and lose all their remaining games after this. Just help send Boro down as it would be a beautiful ending to this bizarre season.

Come and join us Dave !!- you are getting an avatar, might as well go the whole nine yards

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

You took your time,I expected you to start picking on me at half time on Saturday.

Oh I would have if I hadn't have been in the hills of Buxton without a signal!

Then again, the alternative would have been being at the game. In which case, I might have been indisposed.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Oh I would have if I hadn't have been in the hills of Buxton without a signal!

Then again, the alternative would have been being at the game. In which case, I might have been indisposed.

What on earth were you doing in Buxton?(I probably shouldn’t ask).

Archived