Learning Guitar.

Rev

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, froggg said:

Just inherited a crafter guitar, never played but always fancied a crack, which free app or YouTube channel is best for absolute beginners ?

Fender had 3 months free of their Fender Play (but it's just gone back to the 14 day trial). It's really really helpful for all skill ranges. https://try.fender.com/play/playthrough/

3 hours ago, froggg said:

Just inherited a crafter guitar, never played but always fancied a crack, which free app or YouTube channel is best for absolute beginners ?

As recommended earlier, Justin guitar is good.

Personally I find Andy guitar a little easier to get along with, with a good range of beginner videos on YT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2020 at 09:16, FindernRam said:

That takes me back 50 years: Bert Weedon's "Play in a day", you could too, Seem to recall it was all C, G Em to start with. Remember doing a mean House of the rising sun with my 5 (five) watt amplifier. Not picked guitar up in decades.

Wonder if you could make a decent tune out of DCFC?

I met Bert and said "I don't want to bore you but I got your book!"

We then talked guitars for some time.

I was surprised that when I met him again three years later he remembered me. I said to his wife "Yes we spoke guitars."

She wasn't at all surprised.

I've spoken to other guitarists who said he encouraged everyone he met.

The best advice is

Your fingers will hurt when you start playing.

Nylon strings are kinder and have a beautiful mellow sound. (I have a microphone built in for when I want extra volume).

Don't just strum chords.

Learn where the notes are on each fret.

Keep at it and enjoy playing!

Archived