Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Getting fed up with Clive Myrie's naueating, manipulative & over dramatised hospital "news" reports on the Beeb. Just tell us what's happening and drop all the crap poetry, mate.

Is he after a writing job for Holby City?

It's the same report everyday, they just change the hospital name.. Boring as hell.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

It's the same report everyday, they just change the hospital name.. Boring as hell.

The reporting of human beings suffering and dying, isn't something I classify as boring. 

Upsetting, distressing but definitely not boring.

But you crack on with your life and hope it doesn't become boring.

Probably boring is not the right word to use but I must admit to tiring of depressing reports when the actual news bulletins themselves are grim enough already.

It’s like they are saying “not quite sickened enough yet ? Check this out and you will be” A bit like that Alex Crawford bint on Sky News, trawls the world for misery to bring us as if we’re not getting enough. Trollope. 😡 

17 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The reporting of human beings suffering and dying, isn't something I classify as boring. 

So you want the reports to carry on even after the pandemic?

You are aware that people die every day aren't you?

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Know 12 people who've had this now- two sadly passed away.  One in his 40's, the other 52 . Another in an induced coma for 3 days now -56. Just read about a memorial at Forest for a paramedic who died -46. There's a change in this thing based on my experience.  It seems to be more aggressive than it was. Very worrying. 

I would say that is out of the normal? It would definitely change my opinion if my experience was the same. 

I know maybe 20 people who have tested postive (myself included).  Most had mild to no symptoms, 4 or 5 said they felt ill/achey /drained, 2 had really bad flu-like symptoms and 1 (who has respiratory issues) was really worried for a night they would need to be admitted but then recovered. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you want the reports to carry on even after the pandemic?

You are aware that people die every day aren't you?

I'll be happy to see reports from hospitals carry on once this pandemic is over. It'll show how hard our NHS staff work during normal times and make sure the general public keep up their support of the doctors and nurses. It may even make people put pressure on the government to give the overworked doctors and nurses a decent pay rise.

17 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I'll be happy to see reports from hospitals carry on once this pandemic is over. It'll show how hard our NHS staff work during normal times and make sure the general public keep up their support of the doctors and nurses. It may even make people put pressure on the government to give the overworked doctors and nurses a decent pay rise.

Guess thats an argument for another day.

Perhaps a more even distribution across the NHS would be a good idea.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Guess thats an argument for another day.

Perhaps a more even distribution across the NHS would be a good idea.

Perhaps a more even distribution of common sense across this thread would be a good idea too, but I doubt that will ever happen. 

'Lost cause' springs to mind.

Just now, Eddie said:

Perhaps a more even distribution of common sense across this thread would be a good idea too, but I doubt that will ever happen. 

'Lost cause' springs to mind.

Good of you to finally admit to having some shortcomings. 

Lets just put it down to you being under house arrest for 6 months, cant be good for the brain.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Good of you to finally admit to having some shortcomings. 

Lets just put it down to you being under house arrest for 6 months, cant be good for the brain.

Loose cogs spring to mind😂

Edited by Archied
3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Sorry when it’s exactly the same story over and over again, it’s boring.. Nothing to do with human suffering, just a point that repetition is BORING. Fill her boots with it if you want, I will turn over.

52 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry when it’s exactly the same story over and over again, it’s boring.. Nothing to do with human suffering, just a point that repetition is BORING. Fill her boots with it if you want, I will turn over.

Bloody hell, just watched it, its still the same story from last April! Have they just had it on repeat since then?

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bloody hell, just watched it, its still the same story from last April! Have they just had it on repeat since then?

A single report from one hospital, showing the effect of the virus, we get people claiming it's only one hospital so the virus can't be that much of a danger. Show two hospitals, still the same reaction from the virus deniers. If it takes showing reports from every hospital in the country, to make those denyers who refuse to accept the impact this virus is having on the nation and it's population. Then we need these reports to continue.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

I watched that earlier on today, great speech that highlights the need for nuance from people who usually are supposed to be supporting the vulnerable politically but now are simply labelling people who have have had enough of being down trodden as Covid idiots. 

Of course they are people who are actually idiots doing ridiculous things but there's a side to every story and that needs to be respected. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99
14 minutes ago, Archied said:

Data coming out of Israel seems to suggest the policy of extending the time between first and second jab contrary to manufacturers guidance ( Pfizer) will be another duck up 

Who possibly could have guessed that ignoring the advice, and effectively running a new phase 3 trial on your own population, could possibly go wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Data coming out of Israel seems to suggest the policy of extending the time between first and second jab contrary to manufacturers guidance ( Pfizer) will be another duck up 

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

Who possibly could have guessed that ignoring the advice, and effectively running a new phase 3 trial on your own population, could possibly go wrong. 

Although the Israeli ministry of health has said those reports were inaccurate and out of context 

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-55734257

Edited by Sith Happens
  • rynny locked this topic