Coronavirus

1of4

Just now, FindernRam said:

My Staff Nurse niece is doing 12hr shifts plus extra days. She is absolutely wiped out with end of life care and ringing families up with bad news. So you can put all your fancy stats and conspiracy theories where the sun don't shine. Two things will fix this, staying away from other people and getting the jab.

Fancy stats and conspiracy theories?

I know NHS staff who say that they have had no more work to do than any other winter.

Is your niece representative of the whole NHS?

Not downtalking her efforts by the way, I am sure there are many members of staff going above any beyond their normal working conditions. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fancy stats and conspiracy theories?

I know NHS staff who say that they have had no more work to do than any other winter.

Is your niece representative of the whole NHS?

Not downtalking her efforts by the way, I am sure there are many members of staff going above any beyond their normal working conditions. 

Which hospitals and what department do these work in ?

17 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Which hospitals and what department do these work in ?

With the greatest of respect billy why would he tell a forum that , people have lost they’re jobs for speaking out on anything that question s the official narrative 

I have a friend who is a paramedic in the ambulance service and he tells a different story of why the service is swamped, which yes it is

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see hopsital admissions have been falling for the past 4 days but no mention of this in the media.

Just the same reporting of the NHS being under immense strain and not being able to cope.

No newspapers to be sold reporting good news though I guess.

Probably because the hospital numbers are still increasing - currently over 37,000

While it's good news that admissions are falling (though I haven't seen that), if they're still higher than the number being discharged, then it's still a growing problem, no?

Just now, Wolfie said:

Probably because the hospital numbers are still increasing - currently over 37,000

While it's good news that admissions are falling (though I haven't seen that), if they're still higher than the number being discharged, then it's still a growing problem, no?

Yeah fair comment

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

People coming in from every country now have to have had a negative covid test before they enter our borders. They are then being asked to self isolate for ten days.

This is all well and good but why are we allowing people to travel around the country before they start their isolation, that's if they actually do isolate.

Why are we not doing like other countries and making travellers isolate in designated hotels for ten days, at their own cost, before they can continue with their travels

Because the experts told us we didn't need to as it wouldn't make any difference. 

Quote after quote after quote available on that. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Because the experts told us we didn't need to as it wouldn't make any difference. 

Please show your working, otherwise it is filed under 'A' for 'Anecdote'.

The same goes for just about everything that @G STAR RAM posts on the subject.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why?

I've already said I realise some staff will be busier and be doing above and beyond their usual duties.

Why not ?
Im interested, if you are happy using these as anecdotal evidence of the NHS not being as busy or stories not being factually correct, why not say which hospital it is. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

With the greatest of respect billy why would he tell a forum that , people have lost they’re jobs for speaking out on anything that question s the official narrative 

I have a friend who is a paramedic in the ambulance service and he tells a different story of why the service is swamped, which yes it is

Come on, you telling me that saying the hospital of where someone works that has told you that they no busier than last year, is going to get someone sacked...don't know how many thousand work at Derby for example, but how do determine who that was ?

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

Were these experts saying people didn't need to isolate or that there was no need for people to be made to isolate in designated hotels?

If you could clarify this for me, it may make it easier to find all those quotes.

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Were these experts saying people didn't need to isolate or that there was no need for people to be made to isolate in designated hotels?

If you could clarify this for me, it may make it easier to find all those quotes.

They were saying we didn't need to test. It only caught 7 percent of the cases. 

That was all I was offering. I gave a direct link to that from the Vaccines Minister quoting Witty and Van Tam on why we haven't been testing at airports. 

There are quotes on the 7 percent figure from months a go as well as SAGE backing it at the time. 

I won't be providing evidence. Because you're someone on the Internet. And that means you have Internet. 

**Having read your post again, it's more to do with the islolation. My bad. 

I just read the first paragraph about testing. 

But still, I think we should have been testing a loooong time a go at airports.**

On 17/01/2021 at 11:30, ariotofmyown said:

I really don't know what you are on about here. Isle of Wight was in Tier 1 in early December and had suffered very little from Covid.

The situation rapidly got worse in December when a person who lived there reported lots of people travelling across from the mainland from higher tiers.

This seems to me highly selfish behaviour, but also a lack of planning to prevent people doing this.

I imagine reading your posts from early December would show you doubting there was any serious problems with the 2nd wave though, so are unable to comprehend this Isle of Wight tragedy was avoidable.

There was at least one example of a local herbert proudly announcing via local Facebook pages, that he and mates were popping over for a "p**' up pub crawl" in early December. 

This is Romsey, Hampshire - about 6 or 7 miles from the IoW ferry in Southampton. 

Archived