Coronavirus

1of4

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Presumably they will furlough.

Yeah of course the 80% of your wage if your lucky. A lot of these industries have been on furlough for most of the year, what’s 20%? At least your mortgage, supermarkets and utility suppliers have reduced their prices by 20% so that’s ok. Unbelievable comment and the one previously, utterly disgusting. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Why are people so upset by tier 4 restrictions.

non-essential shops, leisure facilities and hairdressers to close? Big deal.

Most shopping is done via the internet now anyway.

Sorry but this is not correct 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Why are people so upset by tier 4 restrictions.

non-essential shops, leisure facilities and hairdressers to close? Big deal.

Most shopping is done via the internet now anyway.

I take you don’t rely on any of those sectors to make a living or have your life savings invested in a business in that sector that may see you loss everything you’ve got and perhaps even your home

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah of course the 80% of your wage if your lucky. A lot of these industries have been on furlough for most of the year, what’s 20%? At least your mortgage, supermarkets and utility suppliers have reduced their prices by 20% so that’s ok. Unbelievable comment and the one previously, utterly disgusting. 

Well I’m pleased that I’ve wound you up. There aren’t many pleasures left ?

What if they weren’t furloughed and were effectively forced to work and therefore be exposed to a health risk that could put them on sick leave for a significant amount of time or worse. Is that right? Putting their families and partners at risk too? I’m not sure it is.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

I take you don’t rely on any of those sectors to make a living or have your life savings invested in a business in that sector that may see you loss everything you’ve got and perhaps even your home

Correct. But I have been at firms that slashed our wages by 20% or more in a recession. This is a short term measure.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

As ever, those in a comfortable financial position, without young kids at home and possibly retired don’t give a rats arse about those families who are not in such a fortunate position. 

Really? I think caring about people’s health, well-being and the risks that they being exposed to is legitimate. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well I’m pleased that I’ve wound you up. There aren’t many pleasures left ?

You’re welcome, glad I’ve made you happy. That’s doesn’t happen to me very often ?

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What if they weren’t furloughed and were effectively forced to work and therefore be exposed to a health risk that could put them on sick leave for a significant amount of time or worse. Is that right? Putting their families and partners at risk too? I’m not sure it is.

What about the 21000 that have died because of lockdowns (as of July)?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8574317/Lockdown-caused-21-000-extra-deaths-reduced-access-healthcare.html

Or the highest suicide rates in 20 years?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/sep/01/male-suicide-rate-england-wales-covid-19

If you're living on (or below) the breadline, or hand to mouth with your wage packet, losing 20% of it very quickly starts to mount up.

My wife and I work for ourselves and have lost 60% of our business we've built up over 10 years this year.  Fortunately we'd been thinking about starting to wind down for a while now and the 40% we have earned is still more than enough to live well on - but even with grants we're significantly down, a lot of others in similar positions simply wouldn't have been able to survive. 

It is very easy to argue for lockdowns if your job is protected, pays well or you have funds to fall back on.  It is less easy if you really need the work, are in low risk groups or have people depending on your income.

48 minutes ago, rammieib said:

As ever, those in a comfortable financial position, without young kids at home and possibly retired don’t give a rats arse about those families who are not in such a fortunate position. 

Yep and totally blind to they’re level of selfishness ??‍♂️

None of this is easy for anyone, why don't we all quit the pishing contest. Whilst this govt is a long way from being perfect, they have little choice with these extra restrictions and people have even less choice in accepting them.

So stay safe, stay in touch and help those who are struggling, hang on for the vaccine and see you all at Pride Park in August for the promotion push.    

37 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Why is that a problem out of interest ?

Well there is no flu , I’ve never had one before or been badgered to have one and isn’t it all we can do to get corona virus jabs organised and given??‍♂️,  oops now tv has holiday adds for the summer with the slogan jab and go

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well there is no flu , I’ve never had one before or been badgered to have one and isn’t it all we can do to get corona virus jabs organised and given??‍♂️,  oops now tv has holiday adds for the summer with the slogan jab and go

So you are being badgered to protect yourself and you have a problem with it ?

41 minutes ago, maxjam said:

What about the 21000 that have died because of lockdowns (as of July)?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8574317/Lockdown-caused-21-000-extra-deaths-reduced-access-healthcare.html

Or the highest suicide rates in 20 years?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/sep/01/male-suicide-rate-england-wales-covid-19

If you're living on (or below) the breadline, or hand to mouth with your wage packet, losing 20% of it very quickly starts to mount up.

My wife and I work for ourselves and have lost 60% of our business weve built up over 10 years this year, fortunately we'd been thinking about winding down for a while and the 40% we do earn is still more than enough to live well on. 

It is very easy to argue for lockdowns if your job is protected, pays well or you have funds to fall back on.  It is less easy if you really need the work, are in low risk groups or have people depending on your income.

It’s not easy. It’s driving everyone crackers including me but it is what it is, and infection rates are increasing.

I’m not sure that the Daily Mail will be much use in getting to an informed position on anything. I also doubt whether suicide rates are much affected by closure of non-essential retail outlets. Isolation, loneliness, economic stress etc are all significant factors but we can mitigate and recover from that. 70k people (and counting) will never recover, and others are severely disabled by it - like the chap I know whose health is absolutely trashed and will never work again, or the lady who had all her hands and feet amputated due to the complications and consequences of covid-19.

If 40% of your income is enough to live well then count yourself lucky and make your priority safeguarding the health of yourself and your family. 

I find it perverse that the argument is that people on low incomes need to work and should continue to work, no matter  what, irrespective of the unprecedented risk to them, their families, and everyone they meet. A lot of working women aged 20-60 work in the affected sectors and they are currently the group most affected by new cases of infection. That’s our wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters, daughters. Real people being exposed to real risk. How else would you protect them given that current measures - masks, distancing, etc - are clearly not working.

12 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

To be fair you would think with the NHS being under such pressure, and there being such urgency to get people vaccinated against Covid, the last thing they would be worrying about is vaccinating you against something that doesnt even appear to exist anymore?

12 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Seems only right as there’s plenty I’m not allowed to protect myself and my family from these days , still I’m sure we will all be ok if we do as we are told without question or thought?

Archived