Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

So the likes of Rita Ora are breaking the rules is because they're part of some sort of inner circle that know the truth? Hilarious

Deliberately pick the lowest hanging fruit, try Sturgeon for one. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet more restrictions snuckin through the back door. No vote. No scrutiny.

What has happened to all of the people that were defending democracy over a certain process not so long ago???

Yep ,drunk on power , the safeguard of parliament has been totaly removed , censorship in the media at levels never seen before and people are not in the slightest concerned??‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Rev said:

One thing I think this situation shows, it can't be a conspiracy.

Would you trust this lot to run anything upto and including a bath?

I think it shows the opposite actually. Look what they've done to people, and yet now you trust them? 

Just now, goldstar said:

Deliberately pick the lowest hanging fruit, try Sturgeon for one. 

I specifically highlighted "celebs" in your original post. I wasn't aware Sturgeon was a celeb ? You said celebs and politicians. Would you care to chose a higher hanging celeb fruit than Rita Ora?

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I specifically highlighted "celebs" in your original post. I wasn't aware Sturgeon was a celeb ? You said celebs and politicians. Would you care to chose a higher hanging celeb fruit than Rita Ora?

I love it. You go for the petty, childish argument and make it blatantly obvious you've not done one bit of your own research, and regurgitate the same old facts, attempts to divert to make you look clever. 

It's quite simple. These people are apparently at the forefront of the information about this virus. They have whatever they need at their fingertips and yet somehow are so scared for themselves, their family and Joyce in Dagenham, but feel more than ok to disregard the same rules they so fiercely advocate. If that doesn't ring alarm bells for you, then sorry, i don't know what else to say. 

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry, exactly which bit have you being trying to tell me and where are the untruths coming from? Have you considered telling the rest of the world so every country can immediately relax their restrictions?

And when you say "unwilling to accept" do you me disagree or are you unwilling to accept my point?

Daily death figures that turn out not to be daily but up to a month old slotted in when suits , deaths within 28 days of a test being recorded as as COVID , 30 trillion COVID tests carried out per day when actually at best half that in people tested , ppe gloves counted as singles to double the numbers ,,,,, I’m gonna stop there as I could sit down and list loads and loads of untruths , twists ,play on words and slight of hand dishonesty comming from one direction but I’m sure you won’t take a blind bit of notice 

9 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I think it shows the opposite actually. Look what they've done to people, and yet now you trust them? 

I don't trust them, not now, not ever.

However if I was an overlord figure wishing to front up a worldwide conspiracy, I'd select better frontmen than this lot. 

It'd be like choosing David Walliams to host Blue Planet, not David Attenborough.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't know why you bother, some of the stuff you read is beyond absurd. 

I personally think the government has handled this badly, however I don't think that any other party would have done any differently. We are being partly being governed by science, yet we have a virus that we are still learning about and the biggest experts we have are sitting on an Internet forum ?

Do people really believe that having a lock down didn't stop the spread of the virus? I get the debate on if it was the right thing to do, personally for me it was, otherwise the numbers would have been much higher.

Maybe Boris has had the vaccine already and is being controlled by Bill Gates.....

1 minute ago, Rev said:

However if I was an overlord figure wishing to front up a worldwide conspiracy, I'd select better frontmen than this lot. 

It'd be like choosing David Walliams to host Blue Planet, not David Attenborough.

That's where they've got you though. You have the wherewithal (unlike a lot) to not trust them, but they stop you at the last hurdle by having these people play as buffoons so you inevitably go "nooo not stupid Boris". If you think he and the gang really run the country you'd be dead wrong. But I'm aware to most that sounds ludicrous but it's really not (although i wish it was). 

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Oh come on ,, they are the absolute best frontmen you could pick if that was the case ,,, easily manipulated and easy to blame and get rid of by rattling a few skeletons when your ready

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

I love it. You go for the petty, childish argument and make it blatantly obvious you've not done one bit of your own research, and regurgitate the same old facts, attempts to divert to make you look clever. 

It's quite simple. These people are apparently at the forefront of the information about this virus. They have whatever they need at their fingertips and yet somehow are so scared for themselves, their family and Joyce in Dagenham, but feel more than ok to disregard the same rules they so fiercely advocate. If that doesn't ring alarm bells for you, then sorry, i don't know what else to say. 

No need to be offensive. You said celebs and I challenged that.

How did you come to the conclusion that it's blatantly obvious I've not done one bit of my own research? I'm not disputing that there are politicians, scientists and medical advisors that have ignored their own advice and broken the rules. I'm just putting the case forward that they did so out of their own stupidity and negligence rather than because they know the truth and that the risks don't really exist. If you genuinely believe it is all one big conspiracy, or they have somehow managed to fool the vast majority of nations around the world then shouldn't that ring alarm bells with you and I don't know what else I can say.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No need to be offensive. You said celebs and I challenged that.

How did you come to the conclusion that it's blatantly obvious I've not done one bit of my own research? I'm not disputing that there are politicians, scientists and medical advisors that have ignored their own advice and broken the rules. I'm just putting the case forward that they did so out of their own stupidity and negligence rather than because they know the truth and that the risks don't really exist. If you genuinely believe it is all one big conspiracy, or they have somehow managed to fool the vast majority of nations around the world then shouldn't that ring alarm bells with you and I don't know what else I can say.

We can agree to disagree then, to you i will seem like the much cliche (tin foil hat), to me you seem naive and easily fooled. 

No point going round in circles. 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Daily death figures that turn out not to be daily but up to a month old slotted in when suits , deaths within 28 days of a test being recorded as as COVID , 30 trillion COVID tests carried out per day when actually at best half that in people tested , ppe gloves counted as singles to double the numbers ,,,,, I’m gonna stop there as I could sit down and list loads and loads of untruths , twists ,play on words and slight of hand dishonesty comming from one direction but I’m sure you won’t take a blind bit of notice 

OK, can't argue with all the points you made. However, genuine question, do you think all of these untruths mean the virus isn't serious and the measures being taken throughout most of Europe in particular have been unnecessary?

I have little respect for the government and don't trust a lot of what they say (suggesting the number of lorries stuck in on the M20 had been reduced from 500 to 150 was a laughable example of being economic with the truth) but that doesn't mean I don't think the situation is very serious. 

58 minutes ago, Archied said:

Do really believe that government s actually run countries in modern times? That’s why we are presented more and more with choices like trump v Biden,,,, Corbin , boris ,, starmer,,, puppets or clowns desperate for personal advancement 

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep ,drunk on power , the safeguard of parliament has been totaly removed , censorship in the media at levels never seen before and people are not in the slightest concerned??‍♂️

If the government doesn't run the country, what power are they drunk on?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Who's to say that we would? I don't even believe lockdown has much effect on cases, I think cases went down in summer due to the nature of it being summer. It does not kill 2-3% of people that catch it, that is not even close. It has a mortality rate of around 0.5% and even that might be a high estimate.

We are currently getting a reported 700 or so deaths per day from Covid-19. By your figures, then around 3 weeks ago there should have been something like 140,000 new cases per day then. But that does not appear to be the case. 3 weeks ago, we were getting around 20-25,000 reported new cases per day. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

No it doesn’t , over 99% survive it 

If, as is currently being reported, we are getting around 3-4,000 deaths per week owing to Covid, then if over 99% survive it, somewhere in the region of 300-400,000 people per week must have been contracting the virus 2 - 3 weeks ago. The only way your figures could be anywhere close to being correct would be if something between 70 and 80% of all cases are not only asymptomatic - they must also be going undetected.

44 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We are currently getting a reported 700 or so deaths per day from Covid-19. By your figures, then around 3 weeks ago there should have been something like 140,000 new cases per day then. But that does not appear to be the case. 3 weeks ago, we were getting around 20-25,000 reported new cases per day. 

End of last March has estimates at around 100,000 a day. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we were at that sort of level now. 

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If, as is currently being reported, we are getting around 3-4,000 deaths per week owing to Covid, then if over 99% survive it, somewhere in the region of 300-400,000 people per week must have been contracting the virus 2 - 3 weeks ago. The only way your figures could be anywhere close to being correct would be if something between 70 and 80% of all cases are not only asymptomatic - they must also be going undetected.

Purely based on the number of people I know who have tested positive recently vs numbers in wave 1, real cases per day will almost certainly be higher now than before.

Unless the new strain has spread significantly across the country, anf not only must it spread more easily than other strains, but it must also have a  death rate 4 to 6 times higher than other too

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I would say that the hand washing and distancing has also stopped any of us from having normal colds all year as well.

Due to Working from home, the lack of catching a cold this year has been a real blessing.

Every year i catch a cold in November. Last year i couldn’t shake it off and had it for 5 weeks!

this year nothing!

keep away from me, you dirty snot ridden colleagues! I genuinely don’t care if I ever see you again.

Merry xmas by the way.

Archived