Coronavirus

1of4

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

Nine months today since lockdown #1 was implemented- will we ever get back to what we understood as normal life 

My local hardware shop owners held a party for their 5 yo grand daughter.  All the people caught the virus and the 2 grand parents dies this week.  While this continues I am not sure why things should return to normal.  Both were in their 70s but it will be a terrible memory for their grand daughter.  This is what everybody risks if you treat the recommendations with disdain

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, goldstar said:

Absolutely bang on. They really did a job using the word 'conspiracy theorist' for all the wacky theories, then when genuine concerns are raised the old tin foil hat comments are rolled out. 

If anyone would like to read the World Economic Forum about the Great Reset and also the Forbes article by a WEF contributor, the future plans are all laid out there. 

And the reason all these celebs and politicans get caught out not social distancing/mask wearing? (when they are so privy to the info showing how terrible this virus is)... they know the truth. Matt Hancock crying on Good Morning Britain, try laughing (duping delight). 

I'm amazed people still believe this is to curb deaths from a virus, astounded. 

So the likes of Rita Ora are breaking the rules is because they're part of some sort of inner circle that know the truth? Hilarious

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

The only time the virus was ever in control was in summer, when respiratory viruses die down anyway... I don't think the controls ever worked and like you said, we have given up so much for 9 months for little to no benefit.

We don't know that.

Who's to say that we wouldn't now be at a quarter of a million deaths or more if controls had not been in place? This thing kills around 2-3% of the people who catch it. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

We don't know that.

Who's to say that we wouldn't now be at a quarter of a million deaths or more if controls had not been in place? This thing kills around 2-3% of the people who catch it. 

Who's to say that we would? I don't even believe lockdown has much effect on cases, I think cases went down in summer due to the nature of it being summer. It does not kill 2-3% of people that catch it, that is not even close. It has a mortality rate of around 0.5% and even that might be a high estimate.

36 minutes ago, Spanish said:

My local hardware shop owners held a party for their 5 yo grand daughter.  All the people caught the virus and the 2 grand parents dies this week.  While this continues I am not sure why things should return to normal.  Both were in their 70s but it will be a terrible memory for their grand daughter.  This is what everybody risks if you treat the recommendations with disdain

There is little point debating with some of the more crazy theories. Some pathetic posts on here today. Hopefully people who have lost loved ones are not reading some of this insensitive drivel.

22 minutes ago, Archied said:

Niel Ferguson? He know the truth? Cummings perhaps? Not quite so hilarious 

No, but you have to admit the thought of celebs being in the know is perhaps beyond believe. Perhaps all these footballers are amongst the privileged few as well. 

What have they, and the likes of Nicola Sturgeon, got to gain by knowing the "truth" and therefore feeling as if they don't need to follow the rules, whilst watching the rest of us suffer? What exactly would their motive be? I can't believe they're all having a laugh at us behind their hands.

I would prefer to believe that they chose to ignore the rules and take the risk for their own selfish reasons and thought they wouldn't get caught.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We don't know that.

No it doesn’t , over 99% survive it 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No but you have to admit Rita Ora is.

What have they, and the likes of Nicola Sturgeon, got to gain by knowing the "truth" and therefore feeling as if they don't need to follow the rules, whilst watching the rest of us suffer? What exactly would their motive be?

Why would I have the slightest interest in Rita Ora ??‍♂️ I also don’t give a stuff about the motives of the likes of sturgeon or boris Johnson who I would put on a par with Rita Ora in terms of ability to run a country .

24 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There is little point debating with some of the more crazy theories. Some pathetic posts on here today. Hopefully people who have lost loved ones are not reading some of this insensitive drivel.

Yep ,the above pathetic post littered with the same old manipulative rhetoric 

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

The fact that people are so willing to go along with it blows my mind. How does any of this justify the Government controlling every single part of your life, and then when they finally unlock things they act as if they're doing us a favour, giving us the freedoms we've always enjoyed back. Has a British government ever been this authoritarian? 

Often.

When they denied the majority of people voting rights. When they denied women voting rights. When they conscripted millions of young men to die in the trenches in two world wars.

That's just how they've behaved in this country, nevermind overseas.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No but you have to admit Rita Ora is.

What have they, and the likes of Nicola Sturgeon, got to gain by knowing the "truth" and therefore feeling as if they don't need to follow the rules, whilst watching the rest of us suffer? What exactly would their motive be?

Ferguson,, ? come on he’s THE man , he knows his stuff , was doing all the predicting, advising and is back again in the position of advising sage , now there’s a man in the know , yet this virus does not worry him one jot ,,,explain??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Often.

When they denied the majority of people voting rights. When they denied women voting rights. When they conscripted millions of young men to die in the trenches in two world wars.

That's just how they've behaved in this country, nevermind overseas.

I meant in recent years, but I accept your point.

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why would I have the slightest interest in Rita Ora ??‍♂️ I also don’t give a stuff about the motives of the likes of sturgeon or boris Johnson who I would put on a par with Rita Ora in terms of ability to run a country .

I'm not suggesting you should have the slightest interest in Rita Ora but, if you read back, the original post suggested celebs as well as politicians that had broken the rules did so because they "know the truth".

Also, we're not talking about ability to run the country, we're talking about people breaking the rules because they allegedly know the truth. 

If you genuinely believe certain politicians and scientists (let's ignore celebs for the moment) know the truth but choose not to tell us then why wouldn't you give a stuff what their motives for doing so are? Surely that's incredibly important if you believe it to be true.

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You really need to stop with this nonsense. 

Its along the lines of granny killer.

It is quite possible to have sympathy for families that have lost loved ones, at the same time as asking question over what the lockdowns are going to achieve and what effect they may have on other peoples lives.

I'm sure if in a few years time cancer deaths start spiking you would not want people questioning you and say you are to blame for advocating further lockdowns and less access to NHS services for people.

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ferguson,, ? come on he’s THE man , he knows his stuff , was doing all the predicting, advising and is back again in the position of advising sage , now there’s a man in the know , yet this virus does not worry him one jot ,,,explain??‍♂️

I can't explain because I'm not inside his head but, if I was to speculate I would suspect he does believe all the risks but chose to take the risk in order to satisfy his own carnal desires. I doubt he's the first, or will be the last, to make a decision and take a risk that they genuinely later regretted.

So, let's consider the alternative. He and the other limited number of scientists, medical experts and politicians that have broken the rules know there isn't really a risk risk but for some reason don't want to tell the rest of us and have somehow convinced pretty much every other government in the world to make their citizens suffer and seriously damage their economies.......explain.

Just now, Rev said:

One thing I think this situation shows, it can't be a conspiracy.

Would you trust this lot to run anything upto and including a bath?

Do really believe that government s actually run countries in modern times? That’s why we are presented more and more with choices like trump v Biden,,,, Corbin , boris ,, starmer,,, puppets or clowns desperate for personal advancement 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not suggesting you should have the slightest interest in Rita Ora but, if you read back, the original post suggested celebs as well as politicians that had broken the rules did so because they "know the truth".

Also, we're not talking about ability to run the country, we're talking about people breaking the rules because they allegedly know the truth. 

If you genuinely believe certain politicians and scientists (let's ignore celebs for the moment) know the truth but choose not to tell us then why wouldn't you give a stuff what their motives for doing so are? Surely that's incredibly important if you believe it to be true.

I keep trying to tell you this but your unwilling to accept ,,,, I’m not particularly sure yet where the truth lies but I’m very clear on where untruths are coming from ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

I keep trying to tell you this but your unwilling to accept ,,,, I’m not particularly sure yet where the truth lies but I’m very clear on where untruths are coming from ??‍♂️

Sorry, exactly which bit have you being trying to tell me and where are the untruths coming from? Have you considered telling the rest of the world so every country can immediately relax their restrictions?

And when you say "unwilling to accept" do you me disagree or are you unwilling to accept my point?

Archived