Coronavirus

1of4

5 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

If true, that's horrendous news and enough to basically write off a good proportion of next year. 

The regulator is taking a lot more longer with this one than the one in use now. 

Fingers crossed... 

Not really taking longer, the two are different vaccines and the Oxford one has a few additional things to take into consideration, for example the half / full dose. From what I have heard it's still in track for approval on or about the 29th.

Don't quote me on it though, seems some people may have more information than me or the main steam news media etc.....?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

He actually said 3 words in that whole sentence. SAGE said 'up to' 70%. 

It's interesting that you chose to believe one doctor, when the weight of scientific opinion in Germany suggests that it is sufficiently worried to ban travel from the UK. So all the top scientists in the UK and 40 other countries think it's a problem, but this one bloke from Berlin is telling 'the truth'. 

You seem surprised ?

He has also given an update based on data that has been released "Unfortunately, it does not look good".

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I can't find the story now but read early this morning that Germany is not happy at all about the EU vaccine programme, that we decided not to join. Slow to accept the pfizer vaccine and they are not going to have enough doses on order because the French put the EU under pressure to order from one of their producers - only that vaccine has been delayed until late 2021.

Glad we decided to go it alone on this one.

Was in the Express,  so taken with a pinch of salt.

If true though a good thing we went our own way.

31 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I've just had it on good authority that there is a hiccup in the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine. ?

everything I've read suggests next few days.

You haven't been talking to George Thornes barber have you ? ?

9 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Was in the Express,  so taken with a pinch of salt.

If true though a good thing we went our own way.

I saw it first thing on my iPad news feed. I think it was Huffpost but I haven't been able to find it.

Of course it may have been a dream.

Random thought but I have no where else to really put this, isn’t it daft to presume that this new strain of virus isn’t already well embedded into other areas of the country? It’s been known about since November and we knew covid was in the country long before our first confirmed case. Been out and about working today and going through north Derbyshire walking spots where people aren’t social distancing/in large groups is baffling bordering on upsetting to be honest.

Any spike isn’t going to be just because of Christmas Day but how people acted in the last few weeks leading up to it

59 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't get me started on the royals . It could be a long night for everyone.  There's a reason they all live till there 108. 

The only reaction i've heard of so far is a dry mouth .  I'm kind of around this vaccine most days at work  and my worry is how careful they are giving it . It will take a long time to roll out. Bend me over now and i'd happily take it where they like. 

I presume the reason they live until 108 is because they drink the blood of 18-year old sacrificed virgins - nothing wrong with that.

As for no reactions. One of doctors my wife worked with back in the US and my hematologist was in bed for 3 days, and one of his NPs' was off for 2-days sick too.

Mind you, I think they were probably shacked up in a Holiday Inn together because if it really were that bad I think we'd have heard more.

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Never heard of hiccups as an allergic reaction before.

Almost every time I eat a curry takeaway I get hiccups - no joke.

I think it's an allergic reaction.

My wife, bless her, says it's because I eat like a pig and get air trapped in my the food.

I'm quietly confident that her and her science are wrong.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

I presume the reason they live until 108 is because they drink the blood of 18-year old sacrificed virgins - nothing wrong with that.

As for no reactions. One of doctors my wife worked with back in the US and my hematologist was in bed for 3 days, and one of his NPs' was off for 2-days sick too.

Mind you, I think they were probably shacked up in a Holiday Inn together because if it really were that bad I think we'd have heard more.

Only Uncle Andrew.

Regarding reactions, I know a fair few people who've had this vaccine now and the only thing a few have mentioned is a dry mouth for a few days and that wasn't everyone..  They ask a lot of questions mind so the proces id far from roll up you sleeve and away you go.  It's going to take a long time. 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The police are handing out 'shocking' numbers of fines for those travelling from tier 3 areas to drink in pubs in tier 2- BBC news

I was thinking of driving back with the kids to Derby on Boxing Day (from a tier 2 area) for a socially distanced walk with my family. Am I at risk of a fine? 

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I was thinking of driving back with the kids to Derby on Boxing Day (from a tier 2 area) for a socially distanced walk with my family. Am I at risk of a fine? 

These are the latest regs I can find as of 18th December.  There is a caveat that that you can't stay in a tier 2 second home if you live in tier 3.

people who live in Tier 2 areas are advised not to travel to a Tier 3 area, or have overnight stays in Tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as:

for work

for education

to access voluntary, charitable or youth services

to visit your support bubble

to receive medical treatment

for moving home

because of caring responsibilities

those living in a Tier 2 area can travel through a Tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey.

Archived