Coronavirus

1of4

This is how crap the media are though....headline says we WILL run out, then its we 'May' then further down it says if things dont change....what like for how long? forever? Its like me saying it will be cold if the sun never rises..

Capture.PNG.936f8a20b3be234a38491c89ad7c3bd4.PNG

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Remember the bbc or sky reporting breaking news about 15 years ago that there were unconfirmed reports that 2 people had died in a crane accident in Milton Keynes. Turns out no one had died.  The world was gone then.

Does anyone still have news alerts on their phones? They were popular about 4 years ago I think. Think I turned mine off after about a month when I was interrupted with news of Brad Pitt's divorce.

OMG Brad Pitt got divorced?

Gutted...i hate this year....?

25 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

So what do you want then? A couple of news broadcasts per day, with a summary of events and considered analysis of the day's news? Dream on Grandad!

Aaaah, news on the wireless from around the Empire. Happy days.

13 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Remember when the SAS stormed the Iranian embassy? Kids today won't understand how serious that was. They interrupted sportsnight three times for that story. Harrowing tales from the front line, we had it hard.

It was serious for the people being held hostage by the maniacs who had killed someone for fun earlier that day.

And serious for the men who repelled off the roof and fought to rescue them.

Perhaps if the gov hadn’t used the scare tactic of a new mutant strain 70% more virulent which supposed by some on here as unproven we wouldn’t have the crap that is now hitting the fan from the media and other countries ?‍♂️,, why we are even being blamed for Australian outbreak which is supposed to be locked tighter than a wallabies chuff 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Perhaps if the gov hadn’t used the scare tactic of a new mutant strain 70% more virulent which supposed by some on here as unproven we wouldn’t have the crap that is now hitting the fan from the media and other countries ?‍♂️,, why we are even being blamed for Australian outbreak which is supposed to be locked tighter than a wallabies chuff 

???

Who is blaming the UK for Australia's outbreak?

Edit: Also, the whole point in Australia is that we're not locked down for the most part, just the border is. 

1 hour ago, Albert said:

???

Who is blaming the UK for Australia's outbreak?

Edit: Also, the whole point in Australia is that we're not locked down for the most part, just the border is. 

Are no people coming in or out of the country at all? Or is happening, but with strict quarantine rules?

48 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Are no people coming in or out of the country at all? Or is happening, but with strict quarantine rules?

Was under the impression from posts on here that Australia had closed borders to non nationals and had very strict regulations for returning nationals and as such was being lauded as the model to follow , so it’s thought the outbreak apparently is from England and this new super duper strain , I’m interested to know what this means in real terms in that scenario particularly and in general , instead of 2 metres is it 4 metres distance , is it double the quarantine time , is it two masks instead of one , double hand washing?
does Australia have to be closed to the world until COVID is gone off the face of the earth and if not will it just get it’s share further down the line ?

3 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

This is how crap the media are though....headline says we WILL run out, then its we 'May' then further down it says if things dont change....what like for how long? forever? Its like me saying it will be cold if the sun never rises..

Capture.PNG.936f8a20b3be234a38491c89ad7c3bd4.PNG

It's also very specific fruit and veg. Specifically broccoli, lettuce and lemons. 

This is what happens when news is beholden to advertising clicks.

Archived