Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

I believe the Sydney strain originated from the USA. Our borders to NSW close again tonight.

That's believed to be the case. 

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably me being thick here but thought Australia's borders were closed?

International, yes, but we're bringing home Australians stuck overseas. They're not quite sure how this case got out though. 

Internal borders get closed a state has a cluster. It's Sydney's turn, and they're not doing a great job for so. 

1 hour ago, Albert said:

The Adelaide one was apparently a new strain from the UK which was more infectious, but cluster has been ended now. The Sydney one has been confirmed not to be. 

Is it anti UK now instead of China? How do they know it was “from the UK” and hasn’t just mutated over there as well? 

We haven't been very nice to Australia over the years have we, first we dump a load of convicts on em, now their outbreaks of covid are our fault. 

In fairness they have been sending us neighbours and home and away for years so its about equal.  I would have given them some credit for kylie but she's not really Australian anyway.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Just back from Sainsbury’s.

Heard the radio and we’re likely to be out of Dover sole and port or summink.

So bought the bloomin’ lot!

Happy Christmas xx

We haven't got any summink. Must rush out and get some - I'm sure we'll need it

7 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I see our lovely media is spreading stories of food shortages, as are Sainsburys...

Going to be mass panic buying again no doubt.

Stupid from the media, don’t expect much else unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I see our lovely media is spreading stories of food shortages, as are Sainsburys...

Going to be mass panic buying again no doubt.

Gotta love the 24 hour media.

SKY News had a headline first thing this morning about possible shortages and now they can spend the rest of the day "reporting" on the queues and panic buying that they've stoked up in the first place.

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Stupid from the media, don’t expect much else unfortunately. 

With Sainsburys its almost like they had a conference call and said we know people buy far too much at this time of year anyway, but any ideas how we could squeeze some extra out of them?

I know lets cause a bit of panic by saying stocks 'may' run out, and while we are at it we will throw in a bit of extra covid spreading when our stores are packed with said panic buyers...

Just now, Wolfie said:

Gotta love the 24 hour media.

SKY News had a headline first thing this morning about possible shortages and now they can spend the rest of the day "reporting" on the queues and panic buying that they've stoked up in the first place.

So what do you want then? A couple of news broadcasts per day, with a summary of events and considered analysis of the day's news? Dream on Grandad!

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

So what do you want then? A couple of news broadcasts per day, with a summary of events and considered analysis of the day's news? Dream on Grandad!

Remember the days when Breaking News was actual Breaking news....the challenger shuttle, the gulf war, Diana, Sept 11th....if you saw that breaking news you knew something serious was going on.

now breaking news is 'Cat stuck in tree'

Breaking news: Government who have regularly demonised foreigners for their own political ends are surprised when many countries ban travel from the UK to protect themselves against a new strain of Covid which the UK's own government has effectively banned internal travel to mitigate against.

Can't believe the likes of Saudi and Israel are just trying to punish us.

4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Remember the days when Breaking News was actual Breaking news....the challenger shuttle, the gulf war, Diana, Sept 11th....if you saw that breaking news you knew something serious was going on.

now breaking news is 'Cat stuck in tree'

Remember the bbc or sky reporting breaking news about 15 years ago that there were unconfirmed reports that 2 people had died in a crane accident in Milton Keynes. Turns out no one had died.  The world was gone then.

Does anyone still have news alerts on their phones? They were popular about 4 years ago I think. Think I turned mine off after about a month when I was interrupted with news of Brad Pitt's divorce.

Archived