Coronavirus

1of4

So it's seeming like the discussions around a more infectious strain are gaining legs. The talk here was that the one that caused the recent outbreak in Adelaide was this strain from the UK. It's the risk of 'letting it burn', each infection is a chance at mutations, and if this is indeed more infectious, the UK may need to just end up locking down until this is over. Let's hope they can ramp up production of that vaccine. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Albert said:

So it's seeming like the discussions around a more infectious strain are gaining legs. The talk here was that the one that caused the recent outbreak in Adelaide was this strain from the UK. It's the risk of 'letting it burn', each infection is a chance at mutations, and if this is indeed more infectious, the UK may need to just end up locking down until this is over. Let's hope they can ramp up production of that vaccine. 

Isn't this the norm for a virus. Its aim is to spread, not to kill the host, so each mutated strain gets less deadly. 

Who knows. Could be why nobody seems that bothered by it other than how infectious it is. 

Just now, Norman said:

Isn't this the norm for a virus. Its aim is to spread, not to kill the host, so each mutated strain gets less deadly. 

Who knows. Could be why nobody seems that bothered by it other than how infectious it is. 

It's less about aim, more about what gets it to spread more, as that means it makes up a greater fraction of the current population, and hence spreads more. 

There's no evidence to suggest this strain is less deadly either. 

Every few months I venture into twitter land to see what's happening with public perception .  Some proper dicks on there .  Hers a sample from one minute of reading .

We did out bit to protect the NHS yet they are letting down those who stood and clapped dreadfully!

The vaccine is a chip, a microchip in injection form to get all data about you and put a tracker on you. Stay away from it. They didn't even try to hide it. It's all a government plan to take control of our minds and build a society where we are like mindless servants to them.

The government have even said it changes nothing

Do you trust the vaccine as many say it's a way to inject a chip in u so the special secret government can keep tag on u!!!.

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Every few months I venture into twitter land to see what's happening with public perception .  Some proper dicks on there .  Hers a sample from one minute of reading .

We did out bit to protect the NHS yet they are letting down those who stood and clapped dreadfully!

So there you have it - it's all the fault of those people who clapped dreadfully.

The first thing any future government needs to do at the onset of a pandemic is to introduce applause lessons.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

It's less about aim, more about what gets it to spread more, as that means it makes up a greater fraction of the current population, and hence spreads more. 

There's no evidence to suggest this strain is less deadly either. 

My God, you are impossible to have a conversation with.

7 hours ago, Norman said:

My God, you are impossible to have a conversation with.

Don’t worry , with his suggestion that the Aussie outbreak is the new mutant from the U.K. he will no longer be allowed on international forums ,zoom calls or looking out the window at home

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Don’t worry , with his suggestion that the Aussie outbreak is the new mutant from the U.K. he will no longer be allowed on international forums ,zoom calls or looking out the window at home

The Adelaide one was apparently a new strain from the UK which was more infectious, but cluster has been ended now. The Sydney one has been confirmed not to be. 

12 minutes ago, Albert said:

The Adelaide one was apparently a new strain from the UK which was more infectious, but cluster has been ended now. The Sydney one has been confirmed not to be. 

I believe the Sydney strain originated from the USA. Our borders to NSW close again tonight.

8 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

I believe the Sydney strain originated from the USA. Our borders to NSW close again tonight.

Probably me being thick here but thought Australia's borders were closed?

Archived