Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

How would that have been policed?

If you were in London yesterday, no matter what you was doing there, are you saying people should have literally been forced to stay there?

They could have maybe said if you live in the south east, do not now leg it to other areas of the country before midnight. Could have even threatened fines for people who did this and put a few police at stations and roads doing spot checks, taking details etc to scare people off doing it.

Although Johnson can't do this because of Cummings.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Absolutely,  but I know if any of my kids where working/staying in London yesterday I’d have certainly told them to come home asap. I can’t judge all those people while I’m sitting nice and comfortable in front of the telly and not knowing their back stories. I know I’d have done exactly the same. 

I'm sure many parents would stay the same. Hopefully most kids would refuse the offer as they would rather suffer a tough xmas without family rather than possibly have to deal with a funeral. A lifetime of guilt of killing a parent/grandparent would be terrible. Likewise having to suffer the wrath of someone whose loved one you were responsible for infecting.

59 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

We're in the back of beyond about 6 miles outside Truro. We moved here because my wife wanted to be near her father who was ill and sister. Sadly her old man passed away 4 days after we got to Cornwall.

We had to quarantine in Derbyshire for two weeks so she missed valuable time with him. In fact the day before we drove down he was lucid and aware on Facetime, but when we got here he'd deteriorated to the point of not recognizing her.

COVID is having all sorts of knock on negative repercussions like that for millions upon millions of people that will never be represented in all the stats.

Anyway, now I've brought the mood down I'll say that  if we were we not to stay in Cornwall (which up to now I love) it would be to move back closer to my family in Matlock. I'd be sans testicles fairly quickly if I suggested Herts.

Sounds tough times, hope you find somewhere to live soon mate.

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They could have maybe said if you live in the south east, do not now leg it to other areas of the country before midnight. Could have even threatened fines for people who did this and put a few police at stations and roads doing spot checks, taking details etc to scare people off doing it.

You do realise the Cummings incident was in March/April and the only people still referring to it are Labour supporters right?

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They did say if you've got your bag packed, then unpack it again.

What's a few officers going to do in the face of thousands merging at stations?. Barricade the st pancras and try to fine everyone?. Imagine the fallout from that!

4 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

FFS, just had a phone call. My ex Brother in Laws mum was diagnosed last week, she had to go into hospital after a fall. Tested negative on arrival, then tested positive later on. No symptoms up until Friday. Came on yesterday and died in the night.

Really sorry to hear this.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Sorry mate but I do wish you'd stop the offensive generalisations about folk you clearly know nothing about. I'm fed up with reading your endless digs at folk who are having just as hard a time of things as you are. It really does you no favours posting this stuff. Even when Londoners will be under heavier restrictions than you yourself, you are still criticising complete strangers and making wild assumptions about their characters based on their postcodes and nothing more. Just stop it now please! 

I am saying what most people are thinking I am not picking on anybody all i am saying people are making plans and seeing them wreaked by this goverment and then they break the rules they set themselfs.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am saying what most people are thinking I am not picking on anybody all i am saying people are making plans and seeing them wreaked by this goverment and then they break the rules they set themselfs.

Well perhaps you could do it by not repeatedly using London as your example or in response to a post stating the likelihood of London and the SE being moved into Tier 4. You've made dozens of posts regarding London and by and large, folk on here have bitten their tongues. I've always stood up for you even when I don't agree with what you've posted as you well know, but I resent these posts hence my response.  I'll leave it there.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

They did say if you've got your bag packed, then unpack it again.

What's a few officers going to do in the face of thousands merging at stations?. Barricade the st pancras and try to fine everyone?. Imagine the fallout from that!

Johnson could just have said do not leave the South East from now and that police will be asking people at stations and roads if they are genuinely travelling to their home after visiting London. People will be fined for leaving their home in the South East to travel elsewhere.

Get a few police doing checks at stations and major roads and publicise it. This would put plenty of people of breaking the rules if they knew there was a chance of getting caught.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm sure many parents would stay the same. Hopefully most kids would refuse the offer as they would rather suffer a tough xmas without family rather than possibly have to deal with a funeral. A lifetime of guilt of killing a parent/grandparent would be terrible. Likewise having to suffer the wrath of someone whose loved one you were responsible for infecting.

Mate you really need to cut the rubbish

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

The same grandparent/parent could get ran over by a bus on Boxing Day so Imagine living with the guilt of not seeing them for one last Christmas. We are strangling our lives for ifs, buts and maybes. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Really sorry to hear this.

Thanks, for me i was upset to hear the news. Im more upset for those closest to her of course who will be suffering an awful amount of grief right now having lost someone close.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well perhaps you could do it by not repeatedly using London as your example or in response to a post stating the likelihood of London and the SE being moved into Tier 4. You've made dozens of posts regarding London and by and large, folk on here have bitten their tongues. I've always stood up for you even when I don't agree with what you've posted as you well know, but I resent these posts hence my response.  I'll leave it there.

Well I dont mean the way it sounds mate I certainly dont mean to cause offence to anybody.

Nephews girlfriend has been diagnosed and is ill, they houseshare with others and one of their housemates went off for a tonsil hockey session with an ex bf and caught if off him and passed it on.

Seemed to go through the whole summer hardly knowing anyone, to seemingly finding out about people almost every day right now.

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I dont mean the way it sounds mate I certainly dont mean to cause offence to anybody.

A lot of us maybe have been guilty of over generalising, i have. Its easy done at a time of frustration, worry and upset.

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The same grandparent/parent could get ran over by a bus on Boxing Day so Imagine living with the guilt of not seeing them for one last Christmas. We are strangling our lives for ifs, buts and maybes. 

That's a rubbish analogy. What if the kids had a fatal accident travelling to see their parents which wouldn't have happened if they'd stayed in London? 

As you say, too many many if's, but's and maybe's. It makes no sense to risk passing the virus onto your parents/grandparents just in case something else unexpected might happen.

13 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Nephews girlfriend has been diagnosed and is ill, they houseshare with others and one of their housemates went off for a tonsil hockey session with an ex bf and caught if off him and passed it on.

Seemed to go through the whole summer hardly knowing anyone, to seemingly finding out about people almost every day right now.

Is she feeling any better at all mate.

Archived