Coronavirus

1of4

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

People would have been less likely to break rules if they had to lie to the police about why they are travelling north or west on a Saturday evening

They didn’t break any rules or laws traveling last night. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'd say keep the duckers in London or South East where they are, would be disgusting beyond belief if we are all ducking trapped in for another 6 months because of people leaving their local jurisdictions. Yes that seems like a contradiction compared to what I've said before but if we are all in tier 4 now the government need physically removing from their position for gross negligence and awful leadership. 

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is this really a class issue?

Every Xmas spent with grandparents could potentially be the last one, especially at a time like this?

Not sure where the size of a house comes into it.

Maybe not a class issue but it is an issue between those who live with family and those who don't. 

12 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Whilst I think @G STAR RAM is usually "misguided" and likes to argue for the sake of it, I also think he would be great value to go out for a pint with. @maxjam and obviously @Angry Ram too. Even think @TexasRam would be loveable as well.

Maybe one Derby game in the future we can make it happen? I'm sure with my fellow Communists we'd make a more balanced and competent government than any other attempt.

For all regular contributers of this thread, did you see the amateur Tier 3 thread over in the Derby section. We'd have those kids for breakfast! @Albert would have them for Xmas dinner too.

Hope you all have a good Christmas despite the latest news. It's been a bit of a poo year and I hope you are all managing both mentally and financially. 

Let's hope 2021 is better and we don't end up agreeing that Jan 1st onwards was a debacle.

Centrists who feign to be extremists unite!

The move back from the US has been utterly brutal with anything and everything going wrong in large part because of COVID and my ineptitude at planning.

And we still haven't found a house here in Cornwall because it appears London is trying to move to Cornwall at the same time as us.

But, bad as the last 5 months have been since we sold our house in Orlando, nothing compares to the utter dejection, despondency and dare I say, utter humiliation, at being left off that list.

Being in Tier 1 I had my bags packed and was ready to make the drive to Derby before I realized I wasn't invited.

badger.jpg

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

FFS, just had a phone call. My ex Brother in Laws mum was diagnosed last week, she had to go into hospital after a fall. Tested negative on arrival, then tested positive later on. No symptoms up until Friday. Came on yesterday and died in the night.

Jeez man, that is just awful. My deepest condolences.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

The move back from the US has been utterly brutal with anything and everything going wrong in large part because of COVID and my ineptitude at planning.

And we still haven't found a house here in Cornwall because it appears London is trying to move to Cornwall at the same time as us.

But, bad as the last 5 months have been since we sold our house in Orlando, nothing compares to the utter dejection, despondency and dare I say, utter humiliation, at being left off that list.

Being in Tier 1 I had my bags packed and was ready to make the drive to Derby before I realized I wasn't invited.

badger.jpg

I only formally invited the "far right" posters in the spirit of Xmas reconciliation. You and all the good comrades are of course invited!

Where are you currently staying in Cornwall whilst looking for a house? Herefordshire is Tier 1 now too so maybe try looking there?

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good point! There probably should have been.

How would that have been policed?

If you were in London yesterday, no matter what you was doing there, are you saying people should have literally been forced to stay there?

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

What seems odd is that every year we host Christmas Eve for our two children and the grandchildren then on Christmas Day one of them hosts.

Exactly the same people, exactly the same risk. 

Christmas Day is allowed, Christmas Eve isn’t.

I know what you mean, however if Christmas Eve is allowed why not the 23rd, and if the 23rd is allowed why not the 22nd...and so on, you could easily say if one day is allowed why not every day.

Personally think they should have just said do it as per the tier you are in, so if you are tier 1, 6 can meet indoors, everywhere else dont meet.

18 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I only formally invited the "far right" posters in the spirit of Xmas reconciliation. You and all the good comrades are of course invited!

Where are you currently staying in Cornwall whilst looking for a house? Herefordshire is Tier 1 now too so maybe try looking there?

We're in the back of beyond about 6 miles outside Truro. We moved here because my wife wanted to be near her father who was ill and sister. Sadly her old man passed away 4 days after we got to Cornwall.

We had to quarantine in Derbyshire for two weeks so she missed valuable time with him. In fact the day before we drove down he was lucid and aware on Facetime, but when we got here he'd deteriorated to the point of not recognizing her.

COVID is having all sorts of knock on negative repercussions like that for millions upon millions of people that will never be represented in all the stats.

Anyway, now I've brought the mood down I'll say that  if we were we not to stay in Cornwall (which up to now I love) it would be to move back closer to my family in Matlock. I'd be sans testicles fairly quickly if I suggested Herts.

This government only does stuff to save face, let's open up for Christmas to boost the economy, oh cases are going up quickly Mmm quickly let's lockdown so we don't look too bad wouldn't want to loose our jobs. Then a few weeks later let's open up to boost the economic prospects of our citizens and give people more freedom, then 3 weeks later 5th wave of Coronavirus and repeat. If we were in hard lockdown for months as much as id hate it I'd grin and bear it as atleast it would be effective, this is just an ineffective piss take of the people in this country that is causing probably just as many deaths and all sorts of serious issues to boot whilst achieving very little to duck all. 

55 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

This is true.

Morally, however...

Absolutely,  but I know if any of my kids where working/staying in London yesterday I’d have certainly told them to come home asap. I can’t judge all those people while I’m sitting nice and comfortable in front of the telly and not knowing their back stories. I know I’d have done exactly the same. 

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Far right? That’s a bit of a presumption, just because I don’t agree with the lockdown and restrictions over Covid doesn’t make someone far right. 

I’m not coming now ?

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

FFS, just had a phone call. My ex Brother in Laws mum was diagnosed last week, she had to go into hospital after a fall. Tested negative on arrival, then tested positive later on. No symptoms up until Friday. Came on yesterday and died in the night.

I presume it's same lady as I have just seen on my FB...such a shame ?

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

I presume it's same lady as I have just seen on my FB...such a shame ?

For me it just shows how easy it is. I posted on here the other week about a friend of ours who got Covid, she had been really good, not letting anyone in her home...but in one moment let her sister in. Her sister had a mask on and she thought it would be ok as her sister had been tested regularly due to her occupation.

Previous test was negative, next test positive, while her sister remained symptom free our friend was very poorly, although didnt need to go to hospital.

Her sister didnt event stay very long. Its just so easy.

31 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Far right? That’s a bit of a presumption, just because I don’t agree with the lockdown and restrictions over Covid doesn’t make someone far right. 

I’m not coming now ?

It was a joke from the old political thread days. I know you are a classic Trot!

Archived