Coronavirus

1of4

8 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You aren't telling me anything I didn't know already. This company, along with many others have been conducting trials on mice for a long time with drugs that increase T-Cell count. The proper procedures, checks and balances. Which understandably went out of the window this year. PDSB have conducted human trials too, in recent years. Phase 1 and 2. For various cancers.

In the next few years, companies such as this will be bringing these vaccinations to market. They saw an opportunity with Covid. Unfortunately the big Pharma companies are petrified by them. To the point they won't even work alongside them to bring a Covid vaccination to market. Because they do not want a drug that is so effective at increasing T-Cell count to the market. Because even if they are the ones to bring it to the market, their revenues and profits will be hit significantly. 

Analysts predict that when this particular company brings it's T-Cell vaccinations to market, the company will go from being worth $50m currently, to upwards of $4bn. 

Hopefully something positive to come from Covid regarding healthcare. These kind of vaccinations will hopefully be utilised in the future and not just forgotten once the mass hysteria is over. Just like how vitamin D injections will hopefully become commonplace. 

The overall point being that these vaccinations are not Covid vaccinations. They increase antibody and T-Cell count and increase an individual's fight against Covid, Sepsis, etc. Their positive impact being far greater than what the media and politicians are saying. But unfortunately Covid dominates all, unnecessarily. 

I don't see the need to throw in conspiracy crafting to this discussion. These kinds of startups appear constantly, 'curing cancer' in mice, then that going nowhere in human trials. It's promising for sure, but anything that supercharges generic immunity needs to be thoroughly tested due to risks of autoimmune disease.

The vaccines going to market right now have been through testing of the same rigour as vaccines from any other year. If these methods had been developed to the point of being used in humans to this point, we may well have seen them going to market too, but that's yet to happen. 

It'll be interesting to see how they go, but again, we've all seen too many startups have similar early results to get too far ahead of ourselves. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not a difficult decision really is it? Assert yourself.

Wish it was as easy as that.  What ducks me off is that I even need to make a decision. 

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Well in that case, why not share the human trial data?

I'm not going to bite. Your opening comments toward me were hostile and juvenile. I'm just going to leave you guys to it. I'm already starting to feel moody. The negativity you lot exude is toxic. Enjoy Xmas. 

11 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I'm not going to bite. Your opening comments toward me were hostile and juvenile. I'm just going to leave you guys to it. I'm already starting to feel moody. The negativity you lot exude is toxic. Enjoy Xmas. 

I simply asked you to back up your opening statement, and imo I was neither hostile nor juvenile, merely interested.

You did that by showing non peer reviewed data from a clinical trial on mice, in response to which I asked for some Human trial data.

You've since told us it exists, without posting it for us to look at, then flounced.

31 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

...it's not 'biting' to provide the data you claimed existed...

8 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Wish it was as easy as that.  What ducks me off is that I even need to make a decision. 

I see what you're saying. 
Yes, in an ideal world, full of thoughtful, caring, selfless people, that decision would have already been made by others.

I'm not even taking the fact that you are classed as "vulnerable" into consideration.  Even ignoring that, my response here and in my previous post would be the same.

In my view... for whatever that is worth... it is simply a risk not worth taking.

Be strong, stay strong, buddy.

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

After hearing the news reports of packed trains and roads coming out of London, it looks as if it won't be long before many other areas of the country will soon be put into tier 4

Yes. Saw those pics of upstairs at St Pancras. All heading to Luton, Bedford, Kettering, Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield.

7 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Interesting that we knew that this "new" strain was going around in September.

So why has it taken until now for it to be reported and action taken?

My thoughts exactly. Very convenient timing to release this news.

The way information has been leaked, withheld and manipulated by the Government throughout this whole process absolutely stinks.

FFS, just had a phone call. My ex Brother in Laws mum was diagnosed last week, she had to go into hospital after a fall. Tested negative on arrival, then tested positive later on. No symptoms up until Friday. Came on yesterday and died in the night.

6 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Well that's my Christmas cancelled. 

Seeing some very upset middle class families with big houses for their kids to run around in who are upset at not being able to see their grandparents.. Of course they are the most impacted here. 

Is this really a class issue?

Every Xmas spent with grandparents could potentially be the last one, especially at a time like this?

Not sure where the size of a house comes into it.

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

FFS, just had a phone call. My ex Brother in Laws mum was diagnosed last week, she had to go into hospital after a fall. Tested negative on arrival, then tested positive later on. No symptoms up until Friday. Came on yesterday and died in the night.

@Mark of Ayrshire another potential reason why the decision could have been made to remove the elderly from hospitals.

Think there is a study which has said 1 out of every 5 cases are caught in hospital.

24 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

After hearing the news reports of packed trains and roads coming out of London, it looks as if it won't be long before many other areas of the country will soon be put into tier 4

There could be some very guilty people in the New Year if they end up killing their loved ones. Even the most self centred cretin* could surely understand that they will be endangering both loved ones and other people in the area they are travelling too.

Wonder if they could have put police at stations and on major roads out of the South East last night?

People would have been less likely to break rules if they had to lie to the police about why they are travelling north or west on a Saturday evening.

It's really tough on people who have been isolating for a couple of weeks so they can see family over Christmas. If we weren't such a nation of freedom loving morons, we could have trusted people to do the safe thing.

*forgot about Cummings

Archived