Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, Rev said:

So it's not a vaccine then, just a pre emptive treatment?

It's just a generic drug that increases your antibody and T-Cell count. It improves your overall health. Many of these vaccinations up until this year were being targeted for release to the market in the medium to long term to help cancer patients, etc. 

If Covid is around for the next 5-10 years, people will require this 'vaccine' a couple of times every year. Until an actual vaccination is developed. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

Ok, so I'm ducking furious. 

My wife's sister and husband are spending Christmas day wherever we might be.

Just found out they are at their second home 200 miles away,  pissed up with another couple who are staying. 

I just don't know that I can make any right decision.  If I say they can come they put me at risk,  if I say they can't it makes me look like a bamford.  My wife is so upset and I hate to see her that way. 

I've no idea how close you are to them, and how important their opinion of you is, but from what little you write, my opinion is "Go with option 2".

There appear to be Bamfords in your post, certainly, but from where I'm sitting, it ain't you.

Protect you and your wife.  

33 minutes ago, Albert said:

Certainly:

Saying this regularly happens suggests that you believe this scale of deaths to be normal. 

Thousands regularly die from flu.

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It's just a generic drug that increases your antibody and T-Cell count. It improves your overall health. Many of these vaccinations up until this year were being targeted for release to the market in the medium to long term to help cancer patients, etc. 

If Covid is around for the next 5-10 years, people will require this 'vaccine' a couple of times every year. Until an actual vaccination is developed. 

You know I'm going to ask you to show your working out, don't you?

It's important that we're all as informed as you obviously are.

54 minutes ago, Eddie said:

By and large, the old folks and the clinically extremely vulnerable have been housebound to a greater or lesser extent for 9 months now. Is it fair to ask them to continue indefinitely when it's quite clear that they are not the problem, and surrender their position in the vaccine queue to those who might not be as deserving.

Who is 'the problem'?

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No need.

Just rename your family Xmas gathering to a business meeting, and then if questioned about it just say you was completely unaware that it had ever been called a family Xmas gathering. 

Whilst I think @G STAR RAM is usually "misguided" and likes to argue for the sake of it, I also think he would be great value to go out for a pint with. @maxjam and obviously @Angry Ram too. Even think @TexasRam would be loveable as well.

Maybe one Derby game in the future we can make it happen? I'm sure with my fellow Communists we'd make a more balanced and competent government than any other attempt.

For all regular contributers of this thread, did you see the amateur Tier 3 thread over in the Derby section. We'd have those kids for breakfast! @Albert would have them for Xmas dinner too.

Hope you all have a good Christmas despite the latest news. It's been a bit of a poo year and I hope you are all managing both mentally and financially. 

Let's hope 2021 is better and we don't end up agreeing that Jan 1st onwards was a debacle.

Centrists who feign to be extremists unite!

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thousands regularly die from flu.

...right... well, that's an order of magnitude out from what you originally replied to:

On 19/12/2020 at 07:28, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Tens of thousands of people dying is more than a fiasco

Also, as shown in the data, the numbers actually dying from the flu are usually less than a thousand. Most of the respiratory deaths are from pneumonia officially. As noted, they're not where near what we're seeing at the moment either. 

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

You know I'm going to ask you to show your working out, don't you?

It's important that we're all as informed as you obviously are.

What are you asking exactly? I've spoken about this stuff in the past, as long as 6 months ago. Many of these 'vaccinations' are not even the most effective and clinical trials highlight this. Because a generic T-Cell vaccination will dramatically impact the revenue and profits of the big pharma companies. The position government's are in, they need companies who they can trust to deliver tens of millions of vaccinations, which is completely understandable. But many of these contracts are dodgy. 

A company called PDS Biotechnology had trials which indicated that their drug increased T-Cell count 1-2X more than the big Pharma companies. They've been working on these drugs for a very long time. Meant for patients with tumours and cancers and before Covid their trials had indicated their drugs could increase both T-Cell and antibody count. But only for a short period of time. T-Cells up to 6 months or so. 

Covid hit and they began conducting trials for their Versamune®-Based COVID-19 Vaccine. 

image.thumb.png.3a47c854697473c72adcbd2c3289e825.png

The big Pharma companies have done exactly the same. But their vaccinations are not as effective as many of these smaller companies as these businesses were looking to disrupt the market. 

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

What are you asking exactly? I've spoken about this stuff in the past, as long as 6 months ago. Many of these 'vaccinations' are not even the most effective and clinical trials highlight this. Because a generic T-Cell vaccination will dramatically impact the revenue and profits of the big pharma companies. The position government's are in, they need companies who they can trust to deliver tens of millions of vaccinations, which is completely understandable. But many of these contracts are dodgy. 

A company called PDS Biotechnology had trials which indicated that their drug increased T-Cell count 1-2X more than the big Pharma companies. They've been working on these drugs for a very long time. Meant for patients with tumours and cancers and before Covid their trials had indicated their drugs could increase both T-Cell and antibody count. But only for a short period of time. T-Cells up to 6 months or so. 

Covid hit and they began conducting trials for their Versamune®-Based COVID-19 Vaccine. 

The big Pharma companies have done exactly the same. But their vaccinations are not as effective as many of these smaller companies as these businesses were looking to disrupt the market. 

Anyone else feel slightly moist to see @Uptherams reinvent themselves as someone who seems to maybe know something about something?

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Whilst I think @G STAR RAM is usually "misguided" and likes to argue for the sake of it, I also think he would be great value to go out for a pint with. @maxjam and obviously @Angry Ram too. Even think @TexasRam would be loveable as well.

Maybe one Derby game in the future we can make it happen? I'm sure with my fellow Communists we'd make a more balanced and competent government than any other attempt.

For all regular contributers of this thread, did you see the amateur Tier 3 thread over in the Derby section. We'd have those kids for breakfast! @Albert would have them for Xmas dinner too.

Hope you all have a good Christmas despite the latest news. It's been a bit of a poo year and I hope you are all managing both mentally and financially. 

Let's hope 2021 is better and we don't end up agreeing that Jan 1st onwards was a debacle.

Centrists who feign to be extremists unite!

I was a bit worried when you liked 4 consecutive messages of mine earlier, now I really think there is something wrong.

Can I suggest you please report for a Covid test first thing in the morning. 

14 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

These drugs are designed for immunotherapy, and to my understanding have undergone phase 2, but not phase 3 trials for that purpose. The data posted above are in animal models, not humans, so you should be cautious with such as well. 

It's not all about 'big Pharma', there are systems in place to assure safety. 

25 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

So this is a 'vaccine', your commas not mine, that works in a similar way to the ones being rolled out, and may be more effective, but hasn't yet undergone clinical trails on actual people?

@Sith Happens

Feel for you. Take the advice of the people who have replied in the thread. 

First and foremost take care of the people in your house. 

As per usual there is a lot of stress around this time of year, you aren't the only one feeling it, its tangible on our work calls for the past 2 weeks. 

Chin up, there are lots of us here to be a sound board. ?

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

These drugs are designed for immunotherapy, and to my understanding have undergone phase 2, but not phase 3 trials for that purpose. The data posted above are in animal models, not humans, so you should be cautious with such as well. 

It's not all about 'big Pharma', there are systems in place to assure safety. 

You aren't telling me anything I didn't know already. This company, along with many others have been conducting trials on mice for a long time with drugs that increase T-Cell count. The proper procedures, checks and balances. Which understandably went out of the window this year. PDSB have conducted human trials too, in recent years. Phase 1 and 2. For various cancers.

In the next few years, companies such as this will be bringing these vaccinations to market. They saw an opportunity with Covid. Unfortunately the big Pharma companies are petrified by them. To the point they won't even work alongside them to bring a Covid vaccination to market. Because they do not want a drug that is so effective at increasing T-Cell count to the market. Because even if they are the ones to bring it to the market, their revenues and profits will be hit significantly. 

Analysts predict that when this particular company brings it's T-Cell vaccinations to market, the company will go from being worth $50m currently, to upwards of $4bn. 

Hopefully something positive to come from Covid regarding healthcare. These kind of vaccinations will hopefully be utilised in the future and not just forgotten once the mass hysteria is over. Just like how vitamin D injections will hopefully become commonplace. 

The overall point being that these vaccinations are not Covid vaccinations. They increase antibody and T-Cell count and increase an individual's fight against Covid, Sepsis, etc. Their positive impact being far greater than what the media and politicians are saying. But unfortunately Covid dominates all, unnecessarily. 

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Ok, so I'm ducking furious. 

My wife's sister and husband are spending Christmas day wherever we might be.

Just found out they are at their second home 200 miles away,  pissed up with another couple who are staying. 

I just don't know that I can make any right decision.  If I say they can come they put me at risk,  if I say they can't it makes me look like a bamford.  My wife is so upset and I hate to see her that way. 

Not a difficult decision really is it? Assert yourself.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

So this is a 'vaccine', your commas not mine, that works in a similar way to the ones being rolled out, and may be more effective, but hasn't yet undergone clinical trails on actual people?

It's one screenshot of just one of the various T-Cell drugs they have in clinical trials. They have conducted human trials. 

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

Maybe they could use it to immunise mink.

Archived