Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Sounds like a tough situation but, feels to me as if you need to tell them not to come. 

My head says I should tell them to stay away.  I just don't know what do.

So furious. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If you were agreeing with my post about dodgy statistics and scaremongering then you missed the intended sarcasm.

I must of, lowest form of wit 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I also normal people living to different rules.

There is a bit more to London than Westminster and a a few billionnaires, a lot more in fact. It is a brilliant place, full of diversity, full of life, full of culture. this country is very lucky to have such a great capital city. The vast majority are Normal people, poor people live there as well, the street arent paved with gold. 

15 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

My head says I should tell them to stay away.  I just don't know what do.

So furious. 

One good bit of advice from Boris & co today. 

Assume you've got the virus, and act accordingly, and by extension treat others the same.

See them next Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

One good bit of advice from Boris & co today. 

Assume you've got the virus, and act accordingly, and by extension treat others the same.

See them next Christmas.

Did he say whether to pretend to be symptomatic or asymptomatic?

Always missing the vital details!

17 minutes ago, Monty said:

what about changing the vaccination priority from age to geography and treating the tier 4 areas first? 

By and large, the old folks and the clinically extremely vulnerable have been housebound to a greater or lesser extent for 9 months now. Is it fair to ask them to continue indefinitely when it's quite clear that they are not the problem, and surrender their position in the vaccine queue to those who might not be as deserving.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You'll have to show me where I said the number of deaths this year is normal.

Certainly:

On 19/12/2020 at 07:48, G STAR RAM said:

Agree its an outrage to be fair.

Regularly happens during flu season though. 

Saying this regularly happens suggests that you believe this scale of deaths to be normal. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

So it's not a vaccine then, just a pre emptive treatment?

No, people are just confusing lack of research with meaning that it doesn't decrease transmission. The Oxford vaccine is shown to reduce transmission, it is unlikely the ones currently being rolled out are magical unicorns that don't while that one does. 

Reducing symptoms requires that the viral loads are brought down, and viral loads are proportional to how bad someone's infection are to an extent. The implication of reduced symptoms, even if someone still 'catches' the virus (we don't know if they will yet) would still reduce transmission. 

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

By and large, the old folks and the clinically extremely vulnerable have been housebound to a greater or lesser extent for 9 months now. Is it fair to ask them to continue indefinitely when it's quite clear that they are not the problem, and surrender their position in the vaccine queue to those who might not be as deserving.

yes good point, and having a 92 year old mum in a tier 3 area, one I completely understand. Just wondered whether we should address the developing potentially bigger problems first 

Archived