Coronavirus

1of4

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well the Government are being advised by Sage aren't they?

I can go and find a list of the 52? people on Sage but I'm not sure what difference it would make to the point?

Advised, not dictated to. Do you seriously believe that sage have advised the nhs to eject old people to their deaths? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thanks for this.

If that is the plan, they need to say it now so that people can see the end game in sight.

There will be a lot of businesses that will need to gear up for Easter and that really could be last chance saloon for them.

Yeah they're not very clear with it, but you can start seeing signs of it in their messaging. They've been using "make Easter the next Christmas" in the run up to this turnaround.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Wasn't funny at all. 

The lead character was quite obviously miscast, no way in real life would people elect him to run a country.

The part where he burnt his oven ready Brexit deal, after putting it in the oven last year was quite amusing, in its way.

King Alfred only burnt the cakes.

King Boris burnt the entire country, and his own political career is now just embers.

4 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Advised, not dictated to. Do you seriously believe that sage have advised the nhs to eject old people to their deaths? 

Not in them words, no.

They may have advised to clear as many beds as possible though.

I doubt the Government built the Nightingale hospitals on a whim.

1 minute ago, Shang said:

Yeah they're not very clear with it, but you can start seeing signs of it in their messaging. They've been using "make Easter the next Christmas" in the run up to this turnaround.

But then subsequently extended the furlough scheme to the end of April.

It should be easy to do, they know how many people we need to vaccinate and how many they can do a week.

Set out a road map and give people some hope of returning to normal.

I'm afraid I think I know the reason why they are not doing this.

Just now, Mark of Ayrshire said:

May have advised? So just a guess? 

Where as the fact is that thousands of families loved ones were chucked out to die 

I've never said any different.

Yes it is a guess, and no different to your guess is it?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've never said any different.

Yes it is a guess, and no different to your guess is it?

I didn’t provide any people or group to blame though did I? 

my whole point is your pathetic labelling of thousands of people dying as a “fiasco” is disgraceful and a disgusting insult to anybody affected by it (of which there are tens of thousands). This is where this back and forth started.

I wish you and your family well and good health for the festive season and beyond.

2 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

I didn’t provide any people or group to blame though did I? 

my whole point is your pathetic labelling of thousands of people dying as a “fiasco” is disgraceful and a disgusting insult to anybody affected by it (of which there are tens of thousands). This is where this back and forth started.

I wish you and your family well and good health for the festive season and beyond.

Semantics, its bloody outrageous.

Sorry if you found it insulting.

Won't discuss any further.

Wish the same to you and your family too.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

What's most depressing to me is that I listened to Boris making massive contradictory u-turn number 6... saw him hand over to the 'expert' and turned over. 

Can't listen to stats that are twisted to show whatever the agenda is today. Gives no real insight about why we are doing whatever today and more importantly what the future holds. 

Number 6 ? There are more, me think

Ok, so I'm ducking furious. 

My wife's sister and husband are spending Christmas day wherever we might be.

Just found out they are at their second home 200 miles away,  pissed up with another couple who are staying. 

I just don't know that I can make any right decision.  If I say they can come they put me at risk,  if I say they can't it makes me look like a bamford.  My wife is so upset and I hate to see her that way. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I mean is people like you and me living to one set of rules.

While rich and famous live to different set of rules that suits them.

Exactly. It doesn’t matter where they live so you can’t just generalise and suggest folk living in London and the South East are rich and famous (the overwhelming majority are not) and will not suffer and abide by the rules.

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

No, but it's not unusual for viruses to mutate and for vaccines still to be effective. The issue here appears to the the rate it's transmitting, it wouldn't even be a surprise if the new version is a milder version.

Can I take this as a promise 

6 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Ok, so I'm ducking furious. 

My wife's sister and husband are spending Christmas day wherever we might be.

Just found out they are at their second home 200 miles away,  pissed up with another couple who are staying. 

I just don't know that I can make any right decision.  If I say they can come they put me at risk,  if I say they can't it makes me look like a bamford.  My wife is so upset and I hate to see her that way. 

Sounds like a tough situation but, feels to me as if you need to tell them not to come. 

Archived