Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Covid is on holiday on 25th too.

Clearly not...its about limiting the damage i think.

To be honest now i would rather they just called it all off

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what was the solution?

Don't forget that this disease is so bad that if measures are not taken it will completely overwhelm the NHS.

As doctors would know, first do no harm.

The policy of sending untested patients back into care homes was a grave abdication of responsibility, whoever took it. Given some of those patients were presenting with symptoms on discharge, it's hard to just call it negligent.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you'll find they're not all fat cats that live in London and the South East. Have you ever been to places like Tower Hamlets?

What I mean  populations will go see there family members here there and everywhere rules dont apply to them but they do for us lot.

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Still funnier than Mrs Browns boys though i bet ?

Wasn't funny at all. 

The lead character was quite obviously miscast, no way in real life would people elect him to run a country.

The part where he burnt his oven ready Brexit deal, after putting it in the oven last year was quite amusing, in its way.

52 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

My grandparents had it on Friday. The end is in sight.

What do they say about it being darkest before the dawn?

What are you basing this part on?

What is the end game? Number if deaths down to......? Number of people vaccinated at.....?

350,000 have had the first jab in the first 2 weeks but need the second jab still.

We need to vaccinate 60million allegedly and only have 5 million doses of the vaccine?

The extension of the furlough scheme to April indicates to me that the end is far from being in sight. 

6 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

How would I know the solution? It’s not my area of expertise (or yours). 

Yes its not our area of expertise but you must have some very strong thoughts on it given what you have said?

If you blame someone for doing something surely you must have a suggestion of what they should have done instead?

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What I mean  populations will go see there family members here there and everywhere rules dont apply to them but they do for us lot.

But will they? Yes some from all parties have broken the rules but out of 650 mp's how many actually have?

Top of my head....

Stephen Kinnock

Tahir Ali

Jeremy Corbyn

Tobias Ellwood

Margaret Ferrier

Matt Hancock (unproven)

Neil Ferguson (though not an mp)

Dominic Cummings (Not an MP)

im sure i missed one or two, but as a % i think its pretty low.

One is too many of course.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes its not our area of expertise but you must have some very strong thoughts on it given what you have said?

If you blame someone for doing something surely you must have a suggestion of what they should have done instead?

Forgive my concern at tens of thousands of early deaths amongst old people. When something affects you personally then having strong feelings is understandable 

53 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Thanks for that, im going to try and match you but i think im going to look a right idiot sat munching my christmas dinner on a lilo in my garden pond.

Lilo? T'Lilo?

You wor lucky!

T'shoe box in middle o' t'road... something, something... gerrup half an hour before we went t' bed... something... slash us in two, wi bread knife... etc, etc...

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What are you basing this part on?

What is the end game? Number if deaths down to......? Number of people vaccinated at.....?

350,000 have had the first jab in the first 2 weeks but need the second jab still.

We need to vaccinate 60million allegedly and only have 5 million doses of the vaccine?

The extension of the furlough scheme to April indicates to me that the end is far from being in sight. 

The fact that the vaccine is being rolled out means the end is in sight. I don’t mean it will all be over in a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Forgive my concern at tens of thousands of early deaths amongst old people. When something affects you personally then having strong feelings is understandable 

Nothing to forgive. I have no problem with you having concerns. I have the same concerns.

Ive already said that it looks like negligence.

I don't know who was making the decisions and what the thought process was behind it. 

If it was based on the scientists telling them that we needed empty beds otherwise the NHS would be overwhelmed, then isnt them sending people to where they could be looked after a decision where you can see the logic?

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The fact that the vaccine is being rolled out means the end is in sight. I don’t mean it will all be over in a couple of weeks.

Do we know the vaccine is effective against this alleged new strain that the Government have known about since September but forgot to mention?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do we know the vaccine is effective against this alleged new strain that the Government have known about since September but forgot to mention?

Apparently “there’s no evidence to suggest it’s any more lethal than the original strain, nor that it’s immune to the vaccine”, or something along those lines.

25 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

and what I said is valid I believe. There are folk throughout the country, not just the South East, that will ignore the rules.

You were generalising when you referred to people living in London and South East under the new restrictions as fat cats. This is clearly not appropriate as there are significant areas of poverty and deprivation down there.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Hopefully, Oxford one should be approved soon which will increase the weekly rate. The main thing is to protect the vulnerable who are most at vulnerable and enable the NHS to run at normal levels, fingers crossed.

Archived