Coronavirus

1of4

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I said I agree that there is a lot of dodgy statistics and scaremongering that are leading to stupid restrictions in case you read it before incorrectly. 

ok sorry but that's not how your response reads by quoting me.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

ok sorry but that's not how your response reads by quoting me.

Ok sorry about that, I guess we can all Interpret things different on here sometimes 

17 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Absolutely disgusting, outrage isn’t cutting the gravity of what has happened in care homes this year unfortunately.  To try and then flippantly give it the old flu routine is really poor

Wasnt supposed to be flippant.

Thousands die from flu every year and I imagine it spreads in care homes.

If I'm wrong I will gladly hold my hands up.

Sending old people back into care homes was negligent. Lets not forget why it was done though, scare stories about the NHS being overwhelmed. Looks like some lessons haven't been learned.

15 hours ago, Albert said:

As noted on here numerous times before, there is nothing normal about the number of deaths this year. The ONS did a report on this which dealt with data up to the end of August. There has been 28,119 deaths since the end of the period covered by that report, this is more than double the number of pneumonia and flu deaths combined during the period that the report covered. That's more than all the flu and pneumonia deaths in the UK for 2019 only since the start of September.  

This doesn't regularly happen at all, it's unprecedented in modern Britain. 

You'll have to show me where I said the number of deaths this year is normal.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I said I agree that there is a lot of dodgy statistics and scaremongering that are leading to stupid restrictions in case you read it before incorrectly. 

Yeah, remember when you post all those crazy forecasts of how many infections and deaths we were on track for! 

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, remember when you post all those crazy forecasts of how many infections and deaths we were on track for! 

Yeah and still think they are fairly accurate, don’t believe a word we are being told eg hospitals full, case rates etc etc 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Plans to go down to my sister's in London have now been cancelled. 

Shame, but with a new strain and hospital beds already at 90% capacity, it's difficult to argue with. 

Roll on the vaccine.

I agree its hard to argue with the new changes.

Personally gutted as my christmas holiday which was 23-30th Dec had already been changed to match the relaxation days of 23-27, now its going to be off...only holiday number 5 called off this year....

Im having another of my moments....Really gutted by it, even though im not angry because i agree that measures and difficult decisions have to be made not matter how late notice.

My mum and dads christmas plans had already been thrown out earlier today when they found out their great grandson is having to self isolate until after christmas.

Just feeling fed up, no matter what i might post i dont want to be in lockdowns, i dont want people business being closed, but i do feel people need to be protected, its just not nice for any of us especially at this time of year.

I will 100% be smashing the doors down when they call me for my vaccine.....

7 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Im having another of my moments....Really gutted by it, even though im not angry because i agree that measures and difficult decisions have to be made not matter how late notice.

My mum and dads christmas plans had already been thrown out earlier today when they found out their great grandson is having to self isolate until after christmas.

Just feeling fed up, no matter what i might post i dont want to be in lockdowns, i dont want people business being closed, but i do feel people need to be protected, its just not nice for any of us especially at this time of year.

I will 100% be smashing the doors down when they call me for my vaccine.....

My grandparents had it on Friday. The end is in sight.

What do they say about it being darkest before the dawn?

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Has it screwed your plans up much @Angry Ram or were you keeping it quiet anyway?

Medium Angry lives with us anyway.. Little Angry was coming  Christmas Day and then just the in-laws who are in their 80s.. So just 6, which was really nice tbf.. Normally about 14 or so, so was actually looking forward to just 6.

The in-laws will be all Dunkirk and have been pretty blasé about since the start. They will be all for ignoring the whole thing.  I dunno moody Angry will be devastated, if she can’t see her mum and dad. 
What a mess.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

If you were agreeing with my post about dodgy statistics and scaremongering then you missed the intended sarcasm.

Archived