Jump to content

Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Albert said:

Given the weight you're giving whatever incident it is, no, I don't know what you're referring to. 

I'm not even asking you to 'trawl', I'm asking you to refer to what egregious error you're referring to, and to articulate why it represents something as serious as you've suggested. Given you're not willing to do that, I assume that it's actually a very minor error that you've leapt upon, and you're embarrassed to actually say what it was. The fact that it's a known error, with a correction, from what you've said suggests that this is likely the case. 

How is it ridiculous to want you to actually articulate your point properly? 

Don’t feel the need to articulate my point to you as you are in the silly games league with the likes of Eddie ,happy to just refute your algorithmic banging of the official line whilst there are some of a different view I’m fine to have conversation with 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Albert said:

have bolded the line showing you dismissing their findings. We have already discussed how your interpretation of the paragraph is incorrect

It wasn't my intention to come across as dismissing the findings of that report. I have no scientific background or knowledge to be in a position to. I apologise if that's how it appeared. 

Agree, I think we may have been arguing different points!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Don’t feel the need to articulate my point to you as you are in the silly games league with the likes of Eddie ,happy to just refute your algorithmic banging of the official line whilst there are some of a different view I’m fine to have conversation with 

You've not 'refuted' anything is the thing. The fact you keep saying I'm an 'algorithm', yet can't even muster an actual point is telling. You're basically arguing that you're not even capable of arguing effectively with an AI.  

4 minutes ago, Cardinal said:

It wasn't my intention to come across as dismissing the findings of that report. I have no scientific background or knowledge to be in a position to. I apologise if that's how it appeared. 

Agree, I think we may have been arguing different points!!!

 

Fair enough, seems we ended up going down very different tangents. 

Have a good day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Albert said:

You've not 'refuted' anything is the thing. The fact you keep saying I'm an 'algorithm', yet can't even muster an actual point is telling. You're basically arguing that you're not even capable of arguing effectively with an AI.  

Fair enough, seems we ended up going down very different tangents. 

Have a good day. 

ButI’m not arguing just rather making it clear that not everybody swallows all your peddling and with your help making it clear you have no interest in any point other than your unswerving point of view 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Archied said:

ButI’m not arguing just rather making it clear that not everybody swallows all your peddling and with your help making it clear you have no interest in any point other than your unswerving point of view 

What you're really saying is that you have an unshiftable point of view, and have no interest in discussing what's about going on. The data, the research, you're having none of it, as it doesn't align with the view you've taken. 

Why you're projecting this onto me, I'm not entirely sure. I've been involved in numerous discussions on here, and while I'm unlikely to be shifted on the position that the UK thoroughly messed up by not going for elimination as other countries did (and have successfully maintained), this is only because the data strongly supports this position. If you feel you have data that suggests that this is all just an illusion, and the country I'm living in is doesn't actually exist, that's fine. On other points, however, my position has changed throughout the last few months on a number of points based on new evidence, as it should given it's an evolving situation. 

The fact that your admitted position is, however, that you're just sniping at me, without any real point, is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Uncle's second wife unknowingly caught covid in hospital last week before being sent home to die of the big C.

She has unknowingly given to my Uncle and my 2 cousins and their spouses who went to visit. When she died several friends of a similar age caught it off my Uncle when they went round to pay their respects and 2 of them are now in hospital.

My cousin has spent the last 24 hours ringing the people she saw (out of necessity) to arrange the funeral. She wore a mask except when eating.

No particular point to make just a story of how this thing can spread from 1 person to 10 in days.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Albert said:

What you're really saying is that you have an unshiftable point of view, and have no interest in discussing what's about going on. The data, the research, you're having none of it, as it doesn't align with the view you've taken. 

Why you're projecting this onto me, I'm not entirely sure. I've been involved in numerous discussions on here, and while I'm unlikely to be shifted on the position that the UK thoroughly messed up by not going for elimination as other countries did (and have successfully maintained), this is only because the data strongly supports this position. If you feel you have data that suggests that this is all just an illusion, and the country I'm living in is doesn't actually exist, that's fine. On other points, however, my position has changed throughout the last few months on a number of points based on new evidence, as it should given it's an evolving situation. 

The fact that your admitted position is, however, that you're just sniping at me, without any real point, is ridiculous.

Nice try but nope 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sage said:

My Uncle's second wife unknowingly caught covid in hospital last week before being sent home to die of the big C.

She has unknowingly given to my Uncle and my 2 cousins and their spouses who went to visit. When she died several friends of a similar age caught it off my Uncle when they went round to pay their respects and 2 of them are now in hospital.

My cousin has spent the last 24 hours ringing the people she saw (out of necessity) to arrange the funeral. She wore a mask except when eating.

No particular point to make just a story of how this thing can spread from 1 person to 10 in days.

 

 

Tragic story. I know this death was of cancer, but one of the worst things about Covid deaths is that people instinctively want to be around their close family and friends when someone dies. But the dangers of infection are very high at this point, with often older people meeting and probably hugging each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Albert said:

It's very much a 'how long is a piece of string' point. The UK hasn't released their figures on deaths by age, so it's hard to compare with the UK directly, but the numbers, based on elsewhere, aren't going to be small. It also depends on how you define young. 

Yes they have, look harder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been out to do my grocery shop this morning, am I right in assuming that the rule regarding essential shopping only has been scrapped?

I mean I'm assuming the entire human population was in danger of being wiped out before the opening of Costa Coffee, Greggs and Subway?

Also we laughed at the 'ridiculous' rule that was used in Wales but seeing how the supermarkets are pushing their Xmas offerings now I can see the logic behind it.

There will be a lot of independents that rely on the Xmas trade that will be wiped out on the back of this.

Can anyone remember back in March/April when people were going to turn their backs on Chinese goods and the large conglomerates to go back to helping out the small British traders...what a load of rubbish that turned out to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

He's literally saying that, no matter how much information you are provided, you won't believe it unless it reinforces your opinion. That's not a position to boast about. 

Really ,,,, looks more the other way round 😂, good reliable consistent information has been in very short supply since the start of all this,, I do wonder if I lived somewhere like Germany or Sweden I might have a different view but truth is we are inundated with U.K. and USA shambles and chaos 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Really ,,,, looks more the other way round 😂, good reliable consistent information has been in very short supply since the start of all this,, I do wonder if I lived somewhere like Germany or Sweden I might have a different view but truth is we are inundated with U.K. and USA shambles and chaos 

Utterly blinkered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Archied said:

Really ,,,, looks more the other way round 😂, good reliable consistent information has been in very short supply since the start of all this,, I do wonder if I lived somewhere like Germany or Sweden I might have a different view but truth is we are inundated with U.K. and USA shambles and chaos 

I remember when Germany was being held up as the gold standard.

Amazing that they no longer get a mention. 

Just looking at the stats. 

Of the countries that have had the most cases, currently out of the top 13, we have the lowest amount of patients in a critical state.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Been out to do my grocery shop this morning, am I right in assuming that the rule regarding essential shopping only has been scrapped?

I mean I'm assuming the entire human population was in danger of being wiped out before the opening of Costa Coffee, Greggs and Subway?

Also we laughed at the 'ridiculous' rule that was used in Wales but seeing how the supermarkets are pushing their Xmas offerings now I can see the logic behind it.

There will be a lot of independents that rely on the Xmas trade that will be wiped out on the back of this.

Can anyone remember back in March/April when people were going to turn their backs on Chinese goods and the large conglomerates to go back to helping out the small British traders...what a load of rubbish that turned out to be.

I went to the shops today and thought the same thing. Walked into the town to see if a coffee shop was perhaps doing takeaways from a hatch perhaps. All the coffee shops were open and plenty of other shops were open too. This is nothing like the previous lockdown. 

Regardless if you think a lockdown is needed or not, it's clearly not happening. Some people will be lonely as they are following the rules and meeting just 1 other person, but I can be indoors with 3 customer and 3 members of staff waiting for a coffee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I went to the shops today and thought the same thing. Walked into the town to see if a coffee shop was perhaps doing takeaways from a hatch perhaps. All the coffee shops were open and plenty of other shops were open too. This is nothing like the previous lockdown. 

Regardless if you think a lockdown is needed or not, it's clearly not happening. Some people will be lonely as they are following the rules and meeting just 1 other person, but I can be indoors with 3 customer and 3 members of staff waiting for a coffee.

Big companies bending the rules while the police go around fining small independents trying to keep their livelihoods intact.

Its shameful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.