9 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I havent been reading this thread so i didnt know that so i apologise to B4. I didnt mean he could kill his parents, when i mentioned my mum and dad i was purely talking from my own perspective how i feel.

I actually only landed in here because i was responding to his football related post about ireland which wasnt part of this thread initially.

I'll exit and go back to the football related posts only as certainly didnt intend to upset anyone.

You have not upset me mate just double standers one rule for us and another for them lot.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

You have not upset me mate just double standers one rule for us and another for them lot.

Dont get me wrong ive been furious everytime i have witnessed blatant disregard, and you are right people in certain positions often do think that the rules differ for them, there have probably been more entitled footballers breaking the rules than politicians, and they are people that a lot look up to and look to emulate.

As a kid i would have no desire to emulate any politican, but i might take note of what a footballer might do, and i bet its even moreso now.

Paul Scholes quite possibly contributed more to the spread of coronavirus with his self isolating breaking, social distancing breaking, birthday party he held for his son, than all politicians put together.

Hope everything works out ok for you and yours.

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think telling B4 he has to abide by the rules otherwise he could kill his parents his horrendous.

His parents could lose their house through no job.  B4 is going to lose income after October and maybe his job. B4's mental health has directly been pointed out by himself to be worse.

Such shocking debating angles. 

B4, the rules are in place to stop the virus spreading to the point where the NHS can't cope. That's it. 

I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for B4, as I think it is a big topic for someone who is honest about living with learning difficulties. I agree with you B4 - I'm a big supporter of Corbyn as many people here know, but there's no defending him breaking the rules. All those in government, in opposition or anything to do with decision making need to follow the rules 100%. The ones who don't are idiots. 

26 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Not sure it’s possible but I seem to be in a multiple alert area 😱

My NHS app says we are now Medium and High 🤷‍♂️

The app is currently being updated to work with the new three tier postcode system. The app may take a few days to update due to being on a number of servers rather than one central server. Some areas have not yet been updated hence the double alert message. Got to the GOV website if you are unsure of your areas current restrictions. 

Nearly 8,000 confirmed cases in Germany today. A big rise in the last week, and a new daily record. 

When it gets to that number, with the amount of people who experience no symptoms and therefore don't get tested, you'd think the track and trace system would be struggling to get it back under control again. Bearing in mind it hasn't worked for it to get to this many infections. 

Edited by Norman
35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Isn’t track and trace shutting the door after the horse has bolted anyway?

Even if it worked.

Not really, it's more like circling the horse to catch it. Done properly, it is very effective. The problem in the UK is that the situation is out of control, and there's no way the resources exist to allow it to work effectively. General lockdowns are going to be needed unless something changes drastically, and the longer this faffing about goes on, the longer those lockdowns will need to be. It's a sad situation to be in. 

37 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Isn’t track and trace shutting the door after the horse has bolted anyway?

Even if it worked.

Strange one isnt it.

We are told that Track and Trace is the silver bullet.

Sure everyone will remember that Germany were lauded over theirs and we were told that was the reason they had comparatively so few infections/deaths.

Then we have a person on here that is adamant that once you have it under control that things can go  back to normal.

But now we see Germany are having 8000 cases per day.

It's almost as if there is actually no magic formula in getting things under control and each place should take measures that suit their own situation. 

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Not really, it's more like circling the horse to catch it. Done properly, it is very effective. The problem in the UK is that the situation is out of control, and there's no way the resources exist to allow it to work effectively. General lockdowns are going to be needed unless something changes drastically, and the longer this faffing about goes on, the longer those lockdowns will need to be. It's a sad situation to be in. 

The World Health Organization disagree with you.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I've obviously beaten some great talents to take the crown. 

You may find it funny but I found your response to b4 condescending and quite frankly embarrassing. 

Who do you think you are to 'make it simple' for b4 by asking him if he wants his parents to be safe.

Made yourself sound like a poor mans version of Matt Hancock and that takes some doing.

Just now, rammieib said:

They've changed their mind more times than the wind changes direction ..... although I agree with them on this now.

Agreed.

I've called them out as useless since day one on this.

Interesting to see how people who have used their advice on mask wearing will react to this though.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You may find it funny but I found your response to b4 condescending and quite frankly embarrassing. 

Who do you think you are to 'make it simple' for b4 by asking him if he wants his parents to be safe.

Made yourself sound like a poor mans version of Matt Hancock and that takes some doing.

Thank you for your opinion. 

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Strange one isnt it.

We are told that Track and Trace is the silver bullet.

Sure everyone will remember that Germany were lauded over theirs and we were told that was the reason they had comparatively so few infections/deaths.

Then we have a person on here that is adamant that once you have it under control that things can go  back to normal.

But now we see Germany are having 8000 cases per day.

It's almost as if there is actually no magic formula in getting things under control and each place should take measures that suit their own situation. 

It's no magic bullet, anyone who is suggesting is it one is clearly deluded. It's only useful as part of a full response. Done well in one, it can be very effective though. South Australia prevented a potentially major outbreak through such.

As to Germany, it's funny to see them held up, when their response is criticised elsewhere in the World. They clearly never had it under control, their cases never got below the hundreds. 

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The World Health Organization disagree with you.

Source? 

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's no magic bullet, anyone who is suggesting is it one is clearly deluded. It's only useful as part of a full response. Done well in one, it can be very effective though. South Australia prevented a potentially major outbreak through such.

As to Germany, it's funny to see them held up, when their response is criticised elsewhere in the World. They clearly never had it under control, their cases never got below the hundreds. 

Trust me they have been used against the UK to show how bad our response has been on a very regular basis.

Source? 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/world-health-organization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688