Jump to content

Coronavirus


1of4
 Share

Recommended Posts

See Wayne has had to have an emergency test because some idiot decided to visit him despite having been told to self isolate. Said idiot has now tested positive.

No wonder we are in the mess we are. Why cant people just do what they are asked?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Isn’t track and trace shutting the door after the horse has bolted anyway?

Even if it worked.

 

Not really, it's more like circling the horse to catch it. Done properly, it is very effective. The problem in the UK is that the situation is out of control, and there's no way the resources exist to allow it to work effectively. General lockdowns are going to be needed unless something changes drastically, and the longer this faffing about goes on, the longer those lockdowns will need to be. It's a sad situation to be in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Isn’t track and trace shutting the door after the horse has bolted anyway?

Even if it worked.

 

Strange one isnt it.

We are told that Track and Trace is the silver bullet.

Sure everyone will remember that Germany were lauded over theirs and we were told that was the reason they had comparatively so few infections/deaths.

Then we have a person on here that is adamant that once you have it under control that things can go  back to normal.

But now we see Germany are having 8000 cases per day.

It's almost as if there is actually no magic formula in getting things under control and each place should take measures that suit their own situation. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Not really, it's more like circling the horse to catch it. Done properly, it is very effective. The problem in the UK is that the situation is out of control, and there's no way the resources exist to allow it to work effectively. General lockdowns are going to be needed unless something changes drastically, and the longer this faffing about goes on, the longer those lockdowns will need to be. It's a sad situation to be in. 

The World Health Organization disagree with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I've obviously beaten some great talents to take the crown. 

You may find it funny but I found your response to b4 condescending and quite frankly embarrassing. 

Who do you think you are to 'make it simple' for b4 by asking him if he wants his parents to be safe.

Made yourself sound like a poor mans version of Matt Hancock and that takes some doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You may find it funny but I found your response to b4 condescending and quite frankly embarrassing. 

Who do you think you are to 'make it simple' for b4 by asking him if he wants his parents to be safe.

Made yourself sound like a poor mans version of Matt Hancock and that takes some doing.

Thank you for your opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Strange one isnt it.

We are told that Track and Trace is the silver bullet.

Sure everyone will remember that Germany were lauded over theirs and we were told that was the reason they had comparatively so few infections/deaths.

Then we have a person on here that is adamant that once you have it under control that things can go  back to normal.

But now we see Germany are having 8000 cases per day.

It's almost as if there is actually no magic formula in getting things under control and each place should take measures that suit their own situation. 

 

It's no magic bullet, anyone who is suggesting is it one is clearly deluded. It's only useful as part of a full response. Done well in one, it can be very effective though. South Australia prevented a potentially major outbreak through such.

As to Germany, it's funny to see them held up, when their response is criticised elsewhere in the World. They clearly never had it under control, their cases never got below the hundreds. 

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The World Health Organization disagree with you.

Source? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's no magic bullet, anyone who is suggesting is it one is clearly deluded. It's only useful as part of a full response. Done well in one, it can be very effective though. South Australia prevented a potentially major outbreak through such.

As to Germany, it's funny to see them held up, when their response is criticised elsewhere in the World. They clearly never had it under control, their cases never got below the hundreds. 

Trust me they have been used against the UK to show how bad our response has been on a very regular basis.

Source? 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/world-health-organization-coronavirus-lockdown-advice/12753688

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed.

I've called them out as useless since day one on this.

Interesting to see how people who have used their advice on mask wearing will react to this though.

World Health Organisation? Who? Exactly!

I've ignored them since Day 1, preferring to listen to experts like @smiths_tavrn and @G STAR RAM who have been  right all along. 

It was very selfish to leave this forum forever @G STAR RAM as we had all come to rely on your expertise 

Incredibly, you've returned to educate us further. What do you think we should do? Herd Immunity sounds like a nice simple thing that we can all have valid opinions on. Why do people think that the so-called experts know more about it than us? I think we've all had enough of experts. We can probably all find a chart that proves our carefully considered opinions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The World Health Organization disagree with you.

You know dr David Nabarro of the WHO has stated that his comments have been taken completely out of context with regards to lockdowns.

 Right after he explained the negative effect of lockdowns he goes on to explain when lockdowns should be used. He has also spoken further about the impact of lockdowns since.

Edited by jimmyp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

World Health Organisation? Who? Exactly!

I've ignored them since Day 1, preferring to listen to experts like @smiths_tavrn and @G STAR RAM who have been  right all along. 

It was very selfish to leave this forum forever @G STAR RAM as we had all come to rely on your expertise 

Incredibly, you've returned to educate us further. What do you think we should do? Herd Immunity sounds like a nice simple thing that we can all have valid opinions on. Why do people think that the so-called experts know more about it than us? I think we've all had enough of experts. We can probably all find a chart that proves our carefully considered opinions.

I assume you will apply the same standards to the Government when they change their advice on things then? No thought not.

Keep on playing the 'left the forum' card, sure you'll continue to get the laughing or clapping emojis you desire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

You know dr David Nabarro of the WHO has stated that his comments have been taken completely out of context with regards to lockdowns.

 Right after he explained the negative effect of lockdowns he goes on to explain when lockdowns should be used. He has also spoken further about the impact of lockdowns since.

He said short sharp lockdowns are ok but should only be used to provide some respite, I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.