Coronavirus

1of4

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes of cause I do but I want fairness in this but by doing what they is it any wander why I feel how I feel about this flaming goverment. 

Just because a small handful of politicians on all sides have been seen to bend or break the rules doesnt mean everyone has to. Is it not about being the best person you can be and not worry because others let the side down?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they all bend the rules yet normal people are made to suffer In different reasons if people waiting for hospital appointments or people wanting to see a gp but cant get a freaking appointments or people losing there jobs because of this damn virus.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I think they all bend the rules yet normal people are made to suffer In different reasons if people waiting for hospital appointments or people wanting to see a gp but cant get a freaking appointments or people losing there jobs because of this damn virus.

No one (sane) is happy about the virus, its affecting us all even if we havent lost our jobs.

As someone with a history of mental health I have struggled recently, was really low a few weeks ago, for lots of reasons, having had to shield, working at home and not mixing with colleagues, being put under extra pressure at work because of furloughed staff and subsequent redunancies.

I would struggle a lot more if i lose my mum and dad, or people close to me, or even get the illness myself.

I hope the virus, or the threat from it, is gone as soon as possible so we can return to normal.

There would be a lot more people struggling to get hospital appointments had the virus been allowed to go unchecked and rip through the population. So yeah if people or polticians break the rules, screw them, be better than them, you know you are.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just think if the goverment want shut things then they should continue to pay most of there wages. But oh no were okay jack sodd rest of you.

I just feel this is so wrong in so many ways.

They are doing arent they?

Only till end october after that they want peoples employers to cover 55 percent of people wages they cover 22percent of peoples wages if peoples companies not getting money in there forcing companies to let people go or shutdown competely if I remmber right they only want save people jobs if they think worth saving.

Only till end october after that they want peoples employers to cover 55 percent of people wages they cover 22percent of peoples wages if peoples companies not getting money in there forcing companies to let people go or shutdown competely if I remmber right they only want save people jobs if they think worth saving.

No mate, after the end of october if a business is 'forced to close' due to restrictions employees will get 67% of their salaries paid.

There will be two different schemes running.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

No mate, after the end of october if a business is 'forced to close' due to restrictions employees will get 67% of their salaries paid.

There will be two different schemes running.

But I just think they should cover 80 percent of peoples wages till this over and it should come out borries and big fat cats Popurtations big fat walliets that get millions or billions in wages. And not from uk banks or raising taxis.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

But I just think they should cover 80 percent of peoples wages till this over and it should come out borries and big fat cats Popurtations big fat walliets that get millions or billions in wages. And not from uk banks or raising taxis.

Its a tough one deciding what figure should be paid. The economy has naturally taken a battering as a result so there has to be a ceiling what can be paid.

You mention coming out of politicians salaries, they are actually not that highly paid, Wayne Rooney probably earns more in a couple of weeks than Boris Johnson does in a year.

What is happening is as a result of a worldwide pandemic, its still early days but hopefully the measures implemented will limit job losses, but sadly its inevitible that people will lose jobs.

The good thing is history tells us that more often than not they will find other jobs down the line. The last time our economy was hit the unemployment levels shot to levels higher than they are right now, but they came down again as the economy recovered.

I doubt there was much clamour on here or other football forums for us to pay those who lost jobs as a result of the 2008 crash 80% of their salaries, they will have got 70 quid a week until they got a new job or they no longer qualified for it.

We wont agree, and i wouldnt like to be on 67% of my salary, although id rather that than 75 quid a week JSA. It will be easier for those who have lost jobs to find new ones, than those who might die if we dont continue to implement measures to get new lives.

I think telling B4 he has to abide by the rules otherwise he could kill his parents his horrendous.

His parents could lose their house through no job.  B4 is going to lose income after October and maybe his job. B4's mental health has directly been pointed out by himself to be worse.

Such shocking debating angles. 

B4, the rules are in place to stop the virus spreading to the point where the NHS can't cope. That's it. 

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think telling B4 he has to abide by the rules otherwise he could kill his parents his horrendous.

His parents could lose their house through no job.  B4 is going to lose income after October and maybe his job. B4's mental health has directly been pointed out by himself to be worse.

B4, the rules are in place to stop the virus spreading to the point where the NHS can't cope. That's it. 

I havent been reading this thread so i didnt know that so i apologise to B4. I didnt mean he could kill his parents, when i mentioned my mum and dad i was purely talking from my own perspective how i feel.

I actually only landed in here because i was responding to his football related post about ireland which wasnt part of this thread initially.

I'll exit and go back to the football related posts only as certainly didnt intend to upset anyone.

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

But it is okay population to take a coach to london and then a train with out wearing face covering that god knows how many people passied onto. And yet nrothing been done and her lame excuse that virus makes you do strange things I say load of bull and just lile cummings nrothing beem done to her.

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I havent been reading this thread so i didnt know that so i apologise to B4. I didnt mean he could kill his parents, when i mentioned my mum and dad i was purely talking from my own perspective how i feel.

I actually only landed in here because i was responding to his football related post about ireland which wasnt part of this thread initially.

I'll exit and go back to the football related posts only as certainly didnt intend to upset anyone.

Wasn't aimed at you. You made some good points. It was aimed at a few posts about an hour a go. 

We all have our own individual views, and experiences of this virus. Don't stop posting in here because you feel you may have upset someone, trust me ?

9 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

You have not upset me mate just double standers one rule for us and another for them lot.

You have not upset me mate just double standers one rule for us and another for them lot.

Dont get me wrong ive been furious everytime i have witnessed blatant disregard, and you are right people in certain positions often do think that the rules differ for them, there have probably been more entitled footballers breaking the rules than politicians, and they are people that a lot look up to and look to emulate.

As a kid i would have no desire to emulate any politican, but i might take note of what a footballer might do, and i bet its even moreso now.

Paul Scholes quite possibly contributed more to the spread of coronavirus with his self isolating breaking, social distancing breaking, birthday party he held for his son, than all politicians put together.

Hope everything works out ok for you and yours.

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for B4, as I think it is a big topic for someone who is honest about living with learning difficulties. I agree with you B4 - I'm a big supporter of Corbyn as many people here know, but there's no defending him breaking the rules. All those in government, in opposition or anything to do with decision making need to follow the rules 100%. The ones who don't are idiots. 

26 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Not sure it’s possible but I seem to be in a multiple alert area ?

My NHS app says we are now Medium and High ?‍♂️

The app is currently being updated to work with the new three tier postcode system. The app may take a few days to update due to being on a number of servers rather than one central server. Some areas have not yet been updated hence the double alert message. Got to the GOV website if you are unsure of your areas current restrictions. 

Nearly 8,000 confirmed cases in Germany today. A big rise in the last week, and a new daily record. 

When it gets to that number, with the amount of people who experience no symptoms and therefore don't get tested, you'd think the track and trace system would be struggling to get it back under control again. Bearing in mind it hasn't worked for it to get to this many infections. 

Archived