Coronavirus

1of4

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Every day now I'm reading stories about loved one's being lost because treatments have been cancelled and delayed

Have you? Where? I've read lots of people saying that MIGHT happen, but I've seen very little evidence

Remember last week when we asked on here who knew people that had had Covid/been hospitalised/died and there were multiple replies

We then asked the same question whether anyone knew someone who had died because of the lockdown and the response was zero

Not saying it isn't happening - just that it seems overstated and being used as a weapon of fear - which is ironic, given what it's being used as a weapon against

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Have you? Where? I've read lots of people saying that MIGHT happen, but I've seen very little evidence

Remember last week when we asked on here who knew people that had had Covid/been hospitalised/died and there were multiple replies

We then asked the same question whether anyone knew someone who had died because of the lockdown and the response was zero

Not saying it isn't happening - just that it seems overstated and being used as a weapon of fear - which is ironic, given what it's being used as a weapon against

Quite a famous case of Jodie Marsh’s mum

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/01/perfect-storm-austerity-behind-130000-deaths-uk-ippr-report

Austerity killed 100k+ can you name one person?

The left were all over austerity when it suited their agenda.  Austerity will feel like getting your paycheck late in comparison to whats coming.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Quite a famous case of Jodie Marsh’s mum

If we're going for news stories, I think Covid wins by quite a bit. Eddie Large, Roy from Siegfried & Roy, Tim Brooke Taylor and Dave Greenfield from the Stranglers area amongst the people I heard of dying. But the question was more who do you know personally affected by either.

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If we're going for news stories, I think Covid wins by quite a bit. Eddie Large, Roy from Siegfried & Roy, Tim Brooke Taylor and Dave Greenfield from the Stranglers area amongst the people I heard of dying. But the question was more who do you know personally affected by either.

See post above yours.

Its easy to test for covid, a bit more difficult to test for 'died of a heart attack because he didn't risk going to the Doctors with mild chest pains two weeks ago'.

I personally don't know anyone thats had covid.  Neither do I know anyone that died recently. I do know that my brother is now out of work and my business is down around 75% this year.

32 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Various media circles although mainly twitter. Of course the odd 1 or 2 here and there I'd ignore as fear mongering but I'm confident I'm in double digits now. I find it sad to read them, although to be fair, I don't like reading about anyone lost to Covid either. (and yes I do indirectly know of two friends who have died with/of Covid and indirectly one friend who died because Covid stopped the person getting treatment).

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Various media circles although mainly twitter. Of course the odd 1 or 2 here and there I'd ignore as fear mongering but I'm confident I'm in double digits now. I find it sad to read them, although to be fair, I don't like reading about anyone lost to Covid either. (and yes I do indirectly know of two friends who have died with/of Covid and indirectly one friend who died because Covid stopped the person getting treatment).

"Before scientists had pinned down vital facts about Covid-19, the internet was crawling with lurid conspiracy theories. One US study looked at 200m tweets discussing the coronavirus, and found that about 45% of comments came from mechanised accounts. Of the top 50 tweeters found to have the most network influence in the study, 41 were fake. Other social media platforms are similarly infested."

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Before scientists had pinned down vital facts about Covid-19, the internet was crawling with lurid conspiracy theories. One US study looked at 200m tweets discussing the coronavirus, and found that about 45% of comments came from mechanised accounts. Of the top 50 tweeters found to have the most network influence in the study, 41 were fake. Other social media platforms are similarly infested."

The gullible are easily led.

They also haven't the basic intelligence to be able to change their minds when confronted with logic. It's almost as though once the switch has been flicked, it's fixed in position for ever more.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The gullible are easily led.

They also haven't the basic intelligence to be able to change their minds when confronted with logic. It's almost as though once the switch has been flicked, it's fixed in position for ever more.

Touché 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Test more, get more ??‍♂️ 

That's obvious aye - but you do realise that more testing means you get more of your "normal" world back (and sooner)?

That world doesn't return because we have lower numbers just because we stop testing - it returns when we have an effective way of tracking and controlling the transmission by identifying every case as early as possible through testing

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

That's obvious aye - but you do realise that more testing means you get more of your "normal" world back (and sooner)?

That world doesn't return because we have lower numbers just because we stop testing - it returns when we have an effective way of tracking and controlling the transmission by identifying every case as early as possible through testing

My normal????? Isn’t it everyone’s normal???????

Omg I knew you liked they way things are and now it’s proved, how very very sad.

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Here’s your “normal” pal, hope you’re happy 

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Agreed -  but it works both ways, fake tweets for and fake against.

35 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Here’s your “normal” pal, hope you’re happy 

Mayor Joe Anderson says Liverpool needs full lockdown to stop 'out of control' virus

Todays Liverpool echo.  

Which is it then.?

The above article requests some government assistance for rents etc for the next few weeks to facilitate a required lockdown as they have the third highest rate in the country.

The article above takes the second part of the story only

Archived