2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

sadly the coronavirus has had a severe impact in the business I work in. many of us were told this week that we are now at risk of redundancy and will be entering a consultation period shortly.

sad days.

Sorry to hear that fella. I am struggling to keep us going but it’s hard. I need my customers back and spending but sadly they are delaying events till at least 2021 and scrubbing 2020 completely. We won’t be able to hang on that long sadly, so I fear I am delaying the inevitable. 
I love my lot dearly and they have always been there for me. Feeling pretty helpless at the moment. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry to hear that fella. I am struggling to keep us going but it’s hard. I need my customers back and spending but sadly they are delaying events till at least 2021 and scrubbing 2020 completely. We won’t be able to hang on that long sadly, so I fear I am delaying the inevitable. 
I love my lot dearly and they have always been there for me. Feeling pretty helpless at the moment. 

Horrible mate ,feel for you.

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Must be hard having that responsibility for others. At least I can focus on my own situation without the worry about other people too.

Hope somehow it picks up for you.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

wonder how Eddie is getting on at the park?  I heard reports of some young uns not social distancing getting some strong words from some grumpy old fella earlier 

tenor.gif.8411a4cfe03b2b5e3766199f85b5dc1b.gif

Cooking today - Thai Green Curry. May go for a walk tomorrow. We sat in the back garden sharing a 75 cl bottle of Westmalle Tripel, then I had a St Feuillien Saison while the boss had some Tesco own-brand cider.

I try to teach her some level of sophistication, but that muck she was drinking, even @DarkFruitsRam7 would think twice about throwing down his neck*

*Before deciding "What the hell, buttocks up"

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

So, what do we think is the most likely?

My niece is a nurse working on the Covid ward at the Royal. At the beginning of April she was sent home because she had a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. A week later she returned to work feeling a lot better. At no point was she tested.

On Tuesday she lost all sense of taste and smell and went to one of the drive through test centres. The result came back positive.

The possibilities that I can think of:

1. The first time she had some other virus.

2. The virus went dormant and has reactivated (a possibility I have heard mooted).

3. She's caught it again!

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

My niece is a nurse working on the Covid ward at the Royal. At the beginning of April she was sent home because she had a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. A week later she returned to work feeling a lot better. At no point was she tested.

On Tuesday she lost all sense of taste and smell and went to one of the drive through test centres. The result came back positive.

2. The virus went dormant and has reactivated (a possibility I have heard mooted).

The classic....none of the above

he had it, she’s still got it, but it didn’t go dormant. Ridiculous not to test her the first time.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Cooking today - Thai Green Curry. May go for a walk tomorrow. We sat in the back garden sharing a 75 cl bottle of Westmalle Tripel, then I had a St Feuillien Saison while the boss had some Tesco own-brand cider.

I try to teach her some level of sophistication, but that muck she was drinking, even @DarkFruitsRam7 would think twice about throwing down his neck*

*Before deciding "What the hell, buttocks up"

Tesco own brand is too highbrow for pre drinks. Try Lidl's own.

5 hours ago, richinspain said:

Early April was still prime flu season so reckon that could have been a candidate for the first illness. Early April was pre testing for most people, I’m pretty sure the level of testing at that stage was saved for hospitalised patients which would unfortunately account for the absence of test. Viruses can lay dormant, cold sores are probably the most common example of that but would be shocked if this is the case with this virus. No confirmed evidence of opinion 3 being the case so would rule that out at this stage. Hope she’s back at work in a week and carrying on her brilliant work 👏👏

The weather being so nice is killing us (maybe literally) but as I’ve said this is the  British Culture.

I also don’t bide with the scientists view of stay locked up. Sure that’ll drive the virus away but it’ll kill many more people many times over and destroy an economy which is already being destroyed. The scientists don’t care about anything else other than this virus and that frustrates me as well.

I think the opening up could have been done better - more facilities should have been open for instance. However I’m struggling to see how we could have done this any other way - I agree we need to start getting back to a degree of normality.

Hopefully being outside and most people are away from others and certainly not spending 15 mins with someone any transfer of this virus from those who are asymptomatic is minimal.

One question, if they think there are 8000 new cases a day and now everyone is permitted to a test with symptoms, does this mean 6000 are asymptomatic? I know I’ve made some real generalisations in there but is that how others see it?

Posted (edited)

To all those who believe they can just tootle off down to a popular beach for the day, carry on as normal, whilst claiming to abide by social distancing guidelines, and therefore not putting themselves, others, or our emergency/medical services at any more risk than if they stayed away, take a look at these pictures, and then forgive me for laughing at each and every one of you... as it really isn't funny!

_112567153_durdle.door.helicopter.police

_112566117_48b78f17-51bf-4e6a-9765-7bb64

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454

Edited by Mucker1884

As we are about to get into June, i would expect the media coverage balance to shift away from the C word back to the B word. It makes me wonder if the June deadline as well as the Dom rooster up has affected the decision to speed up easing the lock down restrictions and stop Boris from sacking Cunning Dom. On the latter it would be good to know if Dom would have kept his job if Brexit had been delivered back in October when Boris said he would do. Me thinks not.