Coronavirus

1of4

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's not that, it's not about the government. I know what I can and can't do, but the government said no large crowds and maintain social distancing, why is it okay that big protests can happen that just ignore that?

It's not ok mate, I don't think anyone is suggesting it is. I think given what's going on in the US, police here are keen not to give the mindless minority any excuse at all to kick off, so rather than try and prevent or disband the march, they tried a kid gloves approach instead. Perhaps it's simply deemed the lesser of two evils?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Anyone else notice the tracking/tracing app functionality appeared on their phone without them knowing?

On android - go to settings - google settings and there is a CoVid19 app

?

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's not ok mate, I don't think anyone is suggesting it is. I think given what's going on in the US, police here are keen not to give the mindless minority any excuse at all to kick off, so rather than try and prevent or disband the march, they tried a kid gloves approach instead. Perhaps it's simply deemed the lesser of two evils?

Yeah agree, going in and attacking people would not have solved anything, but there were politicians were attended that march, feels to me like they're condoning it. 

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'm just a bit fed up. I'm 21, I'm as low risk as they come, and yet I've still maintained social distancing and haven't seen my girlfriend since March, and every time I see people ignore it, part of me thinks ''stuff it''. It's not a political thought, it winds me up when I see people on the beach, it winds me up when I see them congregating in the city. I'm just a bit peeved that I've wasted my time trying to social distance for the benefit of others when others aren't doing the same. 

It's the old adage of 'two wrongs don't make a right'.

There is also the new adage 'People who weren't acting like knobs but after seeing knobs, start acting like knobs themselves, will increase the 'R' rate.  Not as catchy as the old one I'm afraid.  

36 minutes ago, Archied said:

?

Exactly that- on my Android phone

tap settings

scroll down to "Google (services & preferences)

The first service is called COVID-19 Exposure notifications

It uses your bluetooth to track and alert you if you come into close contact with someone who has tested postive

Not complaining specifically just thought they might at least tell you it had been installed!

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

tap settings

It uses your bluetooth to track and alert you if you come into close contact with someone who has tested postive

Not complaining specifically just thought they might at least tell you it had been installed!

I agree.

I don't have a problem with it being there but, they should have told/asked us first. 

Personally, I can't see a problem with it being mandatory but they did say it would be optional.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree.

I don't have a problem with it being there but, they should have told/asked us first. 

Personally, I can't see a problem with it being mandatory but they did say it would be optional.

Its there but on my phone at least it is not activated. I have to manual click on Terms etc first.

Silly way of doing it unless we are all going to get a simultaneous switch me on message!

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

tap settings

Found it just as you said. Ain't touching it tho....no sirree bob. If its been developed by this government till probably delete all my phone data and email my passwords around the globe.......?

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Mine says I need to download an available app, and to check if there's one available with my government.

Exactly.

This is the combined Google-Apple Covid 19 tracking system that they are both building into Andriod and IOS.  It's not an app.  It's useless without a government app that uses it.

Our government in its "wisdom" has decided to ignore this Google and Apple solution and instead build its own system at goodness knows what cost.

So basically, this setting is useless in the UK.  You;ll need to wait until the government launch their official one, then decide if you want to install it.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Wouldn’t be too nice for the person administrating it - trust me on that ??

....and you would  have to double check the chocolate chip ones.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Just like to say, know we have had our run ins but @GboroRam has got this thread properly on topic. 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

....and you would  have to double check the chocolate chip ones.

3 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'll not be touching a Bourbon Cream till we're back to normal.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Try my chocolate finger...

Apologies to Paul 71 for the Carry on oooh matron crowd taking this thread off topic.....??

Archived