Jump to content
1of4

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

sadly the coronavirus has had a severe impact in the business I work in. many of us were told this week that we are now at risk of redundancy and will be entering a consultation period shortly.

sad days.

Sorry to hear that fella. I am struggling to keep us going but it’s hard. I need my customers back and spending but sadly they are delaying events till at least 2021 and scrubbing 2020 completely. We won’t be able to hang on that long sadly, so I fear I am delaying the inevitable. 
I love my lot dearly and they have always been there for me. Feeling pretty helpless at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry to hear that fella. I am struggling to keep us going but it’s hard. I need my customers back and spending but sadly they are delaying events till at least 2021 and scrubbing 2020 completely. We won’t be able to hang on that long sadly, so I fear I am delaying the inevitable. 
I love my lot dearly and they have always been there for me. Feeling pretty helpless at the moment. 

Horrible mate ,feel for you.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry to hear that fella. I am struggling to keep us going but it’s hard. I need my customers back and spending but sadly they are delaying events till at least 2021 and scrubbing 2020 completely. We won’t be able to hang on that long sadly, so I fear I am delaying the inevitable. 
I love my lot dearly and they have always been there for me. Feeling pretty helpless at the moment. 

Must be hard having that responsibility for others. At least I can focus on my own situation without the worry about other people too.

Hope somehow it picks up for you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Which would make the second option the most likely?

But isn't scenario 1 more likely? I'm not sure I've seen reports of any cases where symptoms have taken nearly two months to materialise. 

Either way, I hope she recovers quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

wonder how Eddie is getting on at the park?  I heard reports of some young uns not social distancing getting some strong words from some grumpy old fella earlier 

tenor.gif.8411a4cfe03b2b5e3766199f85b5dc1b.gif

Cooking today - Thai Green Curry. May go for a walk tomorrow. We sat in the back garden sharing a 75 cl bottle of Westmalle Tripel, then I had a St Feuillien Saison while the boss had some Tesco own-brand cider.

I try to teach her some level of sophistication, but that muck she was drinking, even @DarkFruitsRam7 would think twice about throwing down his neck*

 

 

 

*Before deciding "What the hell, buttocks up"

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, richinspain said:

So, what do we think is the most likely?

My niece is a nurse working on the Covid ward at the Royal. At the beginning of April she was sent home because she had a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. A week later she returned to work feeling a lot better. At no point was she tested.

On Tuesday she lost all sense of taste and smell and went to one of the drive through test centres. The result came back positive.

The possibilities that I can think of:

1. The first time she had some other virus.

2. The virus went dormant and has reactivated (a possibility I have heard mooted).

3. She's caught it again!

1.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

That’s a library image. Eddie has lost weight and is lot less hairy these days.

Fishing for compliments?

It worked, @i-Ram. Pal.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, richinspain said:

So, what do we think is the most likely?

My niece is a nurse working on the Covid ward at the Royal. At the beginning of April she was sent home because she had a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. A week later she returned to work feeling a lot better. At no point was she tested.

On Tuesday she lost all sense of taste and smell and went to one of the drive through test centres. The result came back positive.

The possibilities that I can think of:

1. The first time she had some other virus.

2. The virus went dormant and has reactivated (a possibility I have heard mooted).

3. She's caught it again!

The classic....none of the above

he had it, she’s still got it, but it didn’t go dormant. Ridiculous not to test her the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Cooking today - Thai Green Curry. May go for a walk tomorrow. We sat in the back garden sharing a 75 cl bottle of Westmalle Tripel, then I had a St Feuillien Saison while the boss had some Tesco own-brand cider.

I try to teach her some level of sophistication, but that muck she was drinking, even @DarkFruitsRam7 would think twice about throwing down his neck*

*Before deciding "What the hell, buttocks up"

Tesco own brand is too highbrow for pre drinks. Try Lidl's own.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, richinspain said:

So, what do we think is the most likely?

My niece is a nurse working on the Covid ward at the Royal. At the beginning of April she was sent home because she had a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. A week later she returned to work feeling a lot better. At no point was she tested.

On Tuesday she lost all sense of taste and smell and went to one of the drive through test centres. The result came back positive.

The possibilities that I can think of:

1. The first time she had some other virus.

2. The virus went dormant and has reactivated (a possibility I have heard mooted).

3. She's caught it again!

Early April was still prime flu season so reckon that could have been a candidate for the first illness. Early April was pre testing for most people, I’m pretty sure the level of testing at that stage was saved for hospitalised patients which would unfortunately account for the absence of test. Viruses can lay dormant, cold sores are probably the most common example of that but would be shocked if this is the case with this virus. No confirmed evidence of opinion 3 being the case so would rule that out at this stage. Hope she’s back at work in a week and carrying on her brilliant work 👏👏

Share this post


Link to post

The weather being so nice is killing us (maybe literally) but as I’ve said this is the  British Culture.

I also don’t bide with the scientists view of stay locked up. Sure that’ll drive the virus away but it’ll kill many more people many times over and destroy an economy which is already being destroyed. The scientists don’t care about anything else other than this virus and that frustrates me as well.

I think the opening up could have been done better - more facilities should have been open for instance. However I’m struggling to see how we could have done this any other way - I agree we need to start getting back to a degree of normality.

Hopefully being outside and most people are away from others and certainly not spending 15 mins with someone any transfer of this virus from those who are asymptomatic is minimal.

One question, if they think there are 8000 new cases a day and now everyone is permitted to a test with symptoms, does this mean 6000 are asymptomatic? I know I’ve made some real generalisations in there but is that how others see it?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.