Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cinemas have seemed quite happy to run 1/4 full. I guess B4, until they've gone through their detailed planning you won't know exactly how much they will open. If they've got to deep clean between performances etc they might only have a couple of showings a day per screen, staggered and with big time gaps so everyone can get out before the next lot come in.

Could be very different to what you remember as BAU until social distancing can be dramatically relaxed to say 1m.

@Mucker1884's sums look about right to me - i seat in every 5 occupied on alternate rows, so approx 1 in 10 attendance in a ground that holds 33.5k...? 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/seven-members-staff-test-positive-4182624

This primary school is 200 metres away from the Primary School I work at. Frightening. Thankfully they were tested in the nick of time before more kids could go in today. It's now closed for another week.  

Different spins you could put on that article - my positive one being that no children (I guess the key workers children) appear to be infected thus far.

35 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Cinemas have seemed quite happy to run 1/4 full. I guess B4, until they've gone through their detailed planning you won't know exactly how much they will open. If they've got to deep clean between performances etc they might only have a couple of showings a day per screen, staggered and with big time gaps so everyone can get out before the next lot come in.

Could be very different to what you remember as BAU until social distancing can be dramatically relaxed to say 1m.

@Mucker1884's sums look about right to me - i seat in every 5 occupied on alternate rows, so approx 1 in 10 attendance in a ground that holds 33.5k...? 

Big assumption you’ve made here is that everyone sits apart - but what about families?

Either way - I don’t believe we will ever get into a position of a partially open stadium. New season only when fans can attend.

We live a couple of hundred metres away from our local school, and it was far quieter outside our garden today at 3:15 with the little ones back at school than it has been with people taking dogs for a walk etc. Perhaps the novelty of going out has worn off - or perhaps they were only taking the dogs for a walk to get away from the little bleeders in the first place.

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Big assumption you’ve made here is that everyone sits apart - but what about families?

Either way - I don’t believe we will ever get into a position of a partially open stadium. New season only when fans can attend.

Which new season though?

5 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Which new season though?

Haha - 20/21. Starting a fresh season needs to be with fans. I’m still hopeful though of October onwards fans going to games. I think this virus may be very low in numbers then.

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Are you trying to imply that Derby folk are of similar persuasion to Nottingham?

24,000 attendance, 3 surnames...…...?

The much worried about second wave just hasn't happened in the previously worst affected countries, Spain, Italy, France. 

Why are we expected to be so much different?

Saw a queue today and joined it, no idea what it was for, just because I could. Anyone need a 3 legged Swedish Pizza tray warmer?

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

The much worried about second wave just hasn't happened in the previously worst affected countries, Spain, Italy, France. 

Saw a queue today and joined it, no idea what it was for, just because I could. Anyone need a 3 legged Swedish Pizza tray warmer?

We didn't lock down with the same vigour and thoroughness - and when we did take action, we were a couple of weeks late and when we relaxed said lockdown we were a couple of weeks too early? Our government are now suggesting that 2 metres is double what is required for effective social distancing, and some are saying that the proposed quarantine for visitors to these shores should not take place.

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps it will burn itself out - someone on here has already predicted that will be the case, citing an Italian clinician (Alberto Zangrillo - a man whose credentials include the fact that he used to be the personal physician of Silvio Berlusconi) who claimed that those being infected now do not show 'as much' viable virus as before, although the WHO say that his conclusions are not supported by science.

I don't know. I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

20 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

...Anyone need a 3 legged Swedish Pizza tray warmer?

How old is she, what are her wage demands, and does she do other jobs as well as warming pizza trays? 
Do you have a photo?  She could be just what I'm looking for.

39 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Probably for the same reason Spain will be opening up their tourism industry but don't want people from the UK visiting until our figures improve.

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Our government appear to be thinking of scrapping their directive for people to  quarantine for 14 days when coming into the country.

Unfortunately, that horse has already bolted. Provided it’s country specific (rather than a blanket lifting for all countries), if people are coming/returning from low infection areas it probably makes sense given our infection rate still seems to be higher than many other countries. There seems to be a more higher risk of us in the UK spreading it abroad than overseas travellers bringing it here.

Disclaimer: The above comment is merely a hunch and not based on any medical or scientific knowledge.

To be honest I really believe the most effective thing  to beat this virus is going to be ordinary people in the U.K. using a mixture of they’re common sense and wariness of the virus ,

I fully believe the government has just got further and further lost the more this goes on , of course mistakes have expectedly been made due to the nature of facing a situation totally new To us but we don’t seem to be learning from mistakes and formulating well thought out reasoned plans of action that people can see make sense and get behind and there really just seems evasiveness regards figures for deaths , testing and the stage that track and trace is actually at 

Archived