Portugal 14
Ireland 6
Poland 13
Romania 13
Hungary 8
Netherlands 28

UK 324

We smashed it.

that tactic of filling care homes with virus carriers was really the master stroke. Not that anyone seems bothered. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Just a bit of context. It does look a bit busy but, I think that photo is of people being evacuated (that’s why there is a big line of people) not folk arriving at the beach. Not a lot of social distancing mind.

I'd agree.  That was my understanding, when posting the pics and my comments.

I guess what I was trying to say in my own post was "Well, if you hadn't been on that fairly crowded beach in the first place..."  

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd agree.  That was my understanding, when posting the pics and my comments.

I guess what I was trying to say in my own post was "Well, if you hadn't been on that fairly crowded beach in the first place..."  

I guess it looked worse from that picture because everyone on the beach were then condensed into what looks like a single path exit. The beach looked fairly crowded but, it’s not always that easy to tell from a photo how distant from each other people actually were. 

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

@Eddie

We smashed it.

that tactic of filling care homes with virus carriers was really the master stroke. Not that anyone seems bothered. 

When you say “anyone” I assume you mean “anyone in government”. There are plenty amongst the general public that are very bothered especially those who actually have relatives in a care home.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

There is a third. The UK is an island and can’t easily escape the virus. I am taking a dinghy from Littlehampton to France, and then onto Spain by container transfer.

On a more serious note ('frivolous' really does mean the same as 'serious' in my universe) someone said to me the other day, when I was using Singapore as a comparison, "Well, they're an island".

I didn't reply. It's difficult to see the keyboard when you are facepalming.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

When you say “anyone” I assume you mean “anyone in government”. There are plenty amongst the general public that are very bothered especially those who actually have relatives in a care home.

Well.....if a government decision kills over 10,000 people, you’d expect there to be an almighty hue and cry.

but instead the attention is focussed on some slap head who drove 260 miles or whatever it was. 

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Well.....if a government decision kills over 10,000 people, you’d expect there to be an almighty hue and cry.

but instead the attention is focussed on some slap head who drove 260 miles or whatever it was. 

If it wasn’t so serious I’d give you a laughing emoji. 
There are other factors with care homes such as no testing of the staff and allowing visitors in who could have been infected.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Doesn’t that say more about our journalists than the general public though? Also, it’s only the CURRENT focus on Cummings. Give it a few more days and none of the daily questions And few news articles will feature him.

13 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

There are other factors with care homes such as no testing of the staff and allowing visitors in who could have been infected.

Not all care homes were sloppy. My mother's went into lockdown in February due to Flu/Nora virus and stayed there. Staff were not tested for quite a while, but have now and are all negative. PPE of sorts was used but when my mother developed a temperature they did the full isolation in her room, mega ppe at every visit. Fortunately she recovered fully. After 2 weeks they opened her doors again.

They now have uniforms that are changed and washed every day. so far no virus outbreaks! No plans to open up.

26 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Not all care homes were sloppy. My mother's went into lockdown in February due to Flu/Nora virus and stayed there. Staff were not tested for quite a while, but have now and are all negative. PPE of sorts was used but when my mother developed a temperature they did the full isolation in her room, mega ppe at every visit. Fortunately she recovered fully. After 2 weeks they opened her doors again.

They now have uniforms that are changed and washed every day. so far no virus outbreaks! No plans to open up.

Same where Mrs Gritters works. They stopped visiting very early on it may have been February and from mid March was very strict on the isolation. We came back from holiday on 19 March and she had to isolate for a further two weeks before she was allowed back at work where as I could go straight back all be it I worked from home.

I think they’ve turned the Coronavirus machine off now. It was always planned for 12wks, so it makes sense. The daily deaths will miraculously plummet now over the next 14 days. 

My sense of taste and smell returned overnight after nearly 3months, swiftly followed by hayfever for the first time, so something changed. I think they’ve switched off the big microwave that was cooking us. 

I hold my hands up in apology for replying so angrily yesterday to the "Anyone with half a brain can see...." comment.

Don't know who I was replying to (can't remember - it's irrelevant really), so I will apologise to everyone.

I do try to be less fractious and grumpy, but some things make my blood boil, especially when I have gone to the trouble of attempting to verify the accuracy of data only to have it thrown back in my face.

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My trip to Durham castle is in ruins.

"Your COVID-19 test result is POSITIVE. You MUST complete 14 days of isolation. We will contact you shortly. For clinical advice, please call 111"

Bummer. Really sorry about that.

52 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"Your COVID-19 test result is POSITIVE. You MUST complete 14 days of isolation. We will contact you shortly. For clinical advice, please call 111"

Cheer up JuanFlo. If you have children then you are still entitled to go to Durham but you must complete the trip without stopping at any service stations. If you happen to know anyone with a spare property or two, this further strengthens your case.

Please note that a two hour drive around the Peak District is recommended prior to setting off, in order to ensure your vision is unimpaired and you are therefore safe to drive. Please ensure your entire family are present throughout the 'test drive' to offer 2nd, 3rd, etc opinions on whether or not you have crashed.

Anti-Brexit (?‍♂️) jokes aside, really hope you're on the mend swiftly mate and that the quarantine period passes quickly. Head to the 'Watchable Telly' thread for tips on some good shows to watch while you isolate. 

58 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My understanding is if you test positive you must isolate for 7 days anyone who lives with you but isn’t showing symptoms must isolate for 14 day. They may be able to get tested too.

8 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

My understanding is if you test positive you must isolate for 7 days anyone who lives with you but isn’t showing symptoms must isolate for 14 day. They may be able to get tested too.

If you have symptoms you must isolate for 7 days, not sure what it is if you actually test positive?

Archived