Coronavirus

1of4

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I passed them installing this, on my bike ride on Wednesday, so I know it's exact location. 

17 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

(For those that know the area, it's where the shared footpath/cycle path meets the Old Mansfield Rd, on the bend before rising up towards Derwent Heights/Ex Derwent Hospital.  So 20m to the left, from the bottom of Scabby Rise, directly across the green from the row of houses on Skipton Green).

Could you tell us where you were at 1.43am on the morning of Sunday 24th May. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

never, in my 57 years on Earth, has that location been classed as Chaddesden.  Breadsall to some, or Breadsall Estate to others (to differentiate from the far more plush Breadsall Village).  But never Chad.

I lived in Chaddo for many years but left nearly 40 years ago. I seem to remember that there were two estates- Breadsall Priory and Breadsall Hill Top. Is that still the case or is my mind straying?

59 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I lived in Chaddo for many years but left nearly 40 years ago. I seem to remember that there were two estates- Breadsall Priory and Breadsall Hill Top. Is that still the case or is my mind straying?

As far as I'm concerned, Breadsall Priory is and always was out the far side of Breadsall Village.  As per The Breadsall Priory Hotel & Golf Course.

Breadsall Hill Top, which I believe covered the few houses up by The Windmill pub, further up the Old Mansfield Rd (Main road towards Morley/Heanor).  (Well before Oakwood was conceived).  Arguably, that could also include St Andrews View/Darwin School, Henry Cavendish School, and Breadsall Hill Top Junior School.

Breadsall Estate from the old railway arches (long since demolished...Now Paddock pub) up Scarborough Rise to The Rocket pub, and all surrounding streets.

Back then, locals considered top end of Perth St as Breadsall (Estate).  Bottom end, towards Roe Farm Junior School/Sussex Circus would be classed as Chadd.  I couldn't define any definitive border lines though, if I'm honest.  ?

As one of those involved in SPI-B, the Government advisory group on behavioural science, I can say that in a few short minutes tonight, Boris Johnson has trashed all the advice we have given on how to build trust and secure adherence to the measures necessary to control COVID-19.

Stephen Reicher

So how about something novel - genuine questions I’d like asking in the briefings:

1) Will they announce bubbles of people, possibly family to spend time with each other including the opportunity to have personal contact such as hugging? What alert level would we need to be in for this to occur?

2) what specific approaches will you take to save jobs in the future?

3) You said you are going to protect British Institutions? Who does this mean and how?

4) if the virus is still with us in September how do you plan to fully open schools and colleges?

5) What specific actions have you adopted or plan to adopt which have worked well in other countries?

6) Why were there only 70,000 tests conducted today? Is everyone requesting a test getting one within 24 hours?

Six questions of the top of my head that would be far more interesting than the waste of space we get from the media today.

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

So how about something novel - genuine questions I’d like asking in the briefings:

1) Will they announce bubbles of people, possibly family to spend time with each other including the opportunity to have personal contact such as hugging? What alert level would we need to be in for this to occur?

I'd suggest some are doing this already.  Do it in "The right way", and chances are plod won't even know about it, so little chance of being fined etc.  With luck, none of them may not need the help of our A&E depts... or worse!

My question would be, if they were to "give you permission" to do this, let's say, from tomorrow, would you then think it is suddenly safe to do so?

They won't give clearance for this until they are convinced it is safe... be it a vaccine in place, or the virus has disappeared.  Why would they?  Why should they?

We could, of course, make our own decisions, but I'd like to think we'd also take responsibility for our own actions, should things go tits up!
Or we could just continue to do what we can to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe and well. 

Just as many of us now have permission to go where we want, when we want (ish!).  Some of us are still not convinced it is actually safe to do so.  Some of us aren't actually ready for that, just yet.

I don't expect social distancing to be relaxed this side of Christmas.  Christmas 2021 wouldn't be too much of a surprise, I'd say!

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just as many of us now have permission to go where we want, when we want (ish!).  Some of us are still not convinced it is actually safe to do so.  Some of us aren't actually ready for that, just yet.

I don't expect social distancing to be relaxed this side of Christmas.  Christmas 2021 wouldn't be too much of a surprise, I'd say

I think there is some deliberate manipulation going on here. Playing up the scare factor whilst actually expecting people to gradually do their own interpretation of what is "safe" to do. Basically allowing the "rules" to decay naturally.

Brits only tolerate being told what to do for so long, then a rebelliousness creeps in. You saw it over the weekend.

But if you look at Europe many countries have relaxed the rules and so far the infection rate has stayed very low and continues to decline. Schools are back and no problems occurring, France has just 70 cases in over 40,000 Primary Schools, over 1000000 pupils. Why are we so frightened when the evidence is there to see.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I think there is some deliberate manipulation going on here. Playing up the scare factor whilst actually expecting people to gradually do their own interpretation of what is "safe" to do. Basically allowing the "rules" to decay naturally.

Brits only tolerate being told what to do for so long, then a rebelliousness creeps in. You saw it over the weekend.

But if you look at Europe many countries have relaxed the rules and so far the infection rate has stayed very low and continues to decline. Schools are back and no problems occurring, France has just 70 cases in over 40,000 Primary Schools, over 1000000 pupils. Why are we so frightened when the evidence is there to see.

profile:player-960x540

Germany is introducing a system whereby  lockdown can be reintroduced locally if cases exceed 50 a day. The only place that exceeds this limit at the moment is the city of Regensburg in Bavaria. The areas marked in orange currently have 25-50 cases a day, the white areas have zero..

Restaurnts are also open again until 9pm, but there are distancing rules and you have to give your name, address and telephone number. If somebody comes down with coronivirus, all of you will be traced and sent into quarantine for 14 days.

The rules are being relaxed for the time being, but they are most definitely not being abolished or allowed to decay. Fines still apply.

2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

profile:player-960x540

Germany is introducing a system whereby  lockdown can be reintroduced locally if cases exceed 50 a day. The only place that exceeds this limit at the moment is the city of Regensburg in Bavaria. The areas marked in orange currently have 25-50 cases a day, the white areas have zero..

Restaurnts are also open again until 9pm, but there are distancing rules and you have to give your name, address and telephone number. If somebody comes down with coronivirus, all of you will be traced and sent into quarantine for 14 days.

The rules are being relaxed for the time being, but they are most definitely not being abolished or allowed to decay. Fines still apply.

Can you imagine how complex this will get? Are you allowed to travel from one region through an infected region to another? How do you know what state a region is in? What if you live in one lockdown state but are a teacher in another area?

The theory great, the practical side - wow, I wouldn't even want to go through this minefield.

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

When lots decided to do a 'Dom', we're no more rebellious than most other nations.

56 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Some much needed positivity.

I like positivity and this guy now has a daily column in the Express, but when you look at his CV, he is a cancer trained doc who propounds alternatve treatments not mainstream.

Do I trust him on virus stuff, or psychological words ? Not a lot.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Can you imagine how complex this will get? Are you allowed to travel from one region through an infected region to another? How do you know what state a region is in? What if you live in one lockdown state but are a teacher in another area?

The theory great, the practical side - wow, I wouldn't even want to go through this minefield.

Wales/England/ Scotland already are different

5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I like positivity and this guy now has a daily column in the Express, but when you look at his CV, he is a cancer trained doc who propounds alternatve treatments not mainstream.

Do I trust him on virus stuff, or psychological words ? Not a lot.

I mean he's quoting the WHO though, not himself. 

Archived