Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or big pleasures when they or some of their family die of coronavirus. 

I feel those families but that when need something get them through like when I lost grandma I went brought something to help with greathing but everyone has own way if coping.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I feel those families but that when need something get them through like when I lost grandma I went brought something to help with greathing but everyone has own way if coping.

I think that if that explanation was given to a police officer they would understand and allow it. But the problem has been caused by too many people taking the pee! So we all have to 'suffer' for the few idiots.

3 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

Has this antibodies test been deemed useless? Who sold the NHS that one? I hope they never paid for any.

Its been deemed "unreliable". All tests for everything have a chance of returning "false negative" or "false positive" results, but you want the proportions to be as small as possible. Typically 90-95% accuracy is the benchmark.

It was quoted that the tests ordered were around 50-60% accurate. Far too low if you want to confidently use the results to issue a certificate saying whether or not someone is immune and can therefore move freely.

As to who sold them - don't know. There are around 100 companies offering them. So Rees-Mogg is bound to have his fingers in some.......

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The point of the current measures though are to try and reduce the number of families that will go through the pain of losing someone and therefore needing to find a way to cope.

It remains to be seen how effective it is but, if I can't go to the pub, can't go on holiday (our first holiday for two years will almost certainly be cancelled), can't see my mum and dad for a few months, can't go to the theatre (we have tickets for May and my daughter has three show's she was going to) and can't go to Pride Park but it really improves the chances of the people I particularly care about surviving then, those are sacrifices I'm prepared to make.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

WTF?!?

I understand the need to stay in as much as possible, I really do - but who are you to say whats not an essential purchase?  Some people (especially those living in cramped flats with no Sky or whatever) might deem a computer game, a dvd, a puzzle book or jigsaw essential for their mental health.

Just seen the following update from Downing Street;

'Open shops free to sell what they have in stock'

Downing Street has said supermarkets and shops that have remained open during the lockdown are free to sell any items they have in stock, following a warning that police could start searching trolleys for non-essential purchases.

Northamptonshire Police Chief Constable Nick Adderley made that suggestion earlier as he urged the public to stay at home as the weather warms up again for the Easter weekend.

The prime minister's spokesman said: "Shops that are still open are free to sell any items they have in stock."

It means you're safe to pick up an Easter egg or two if you're due for a supermarket trip in the next few days.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-deaths-in-scotland-rise-by-81-to-447-11971036  @ 15:11

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I feel the more strighter they are getting the more people currently fighting it

When the Govt asked 'nicely' for people to 'social distance' lots of people took the pee. There has to be 'stricter rules' because too many people cannot be trusted to do as they are asked 'for the good of all'. 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well many of us do as we are told and if got pets that need walking and use 2 to 3 walks every single day.

Now down to 1 they cant understand why they cant go again.

Many, not all unfortunately. It's not easy to make pets understand why things change. I don't understand all of it either. ?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Many, not all unfortunately. It's not easy to make pets understand why things change. I don't understand all of it either. ?

Also the places like going or cant go anymore. But then some owners shout and tell them off because pent up enegry thats needs releasing.

Shops that have been allowed to stay open because they sell some items of food, medicine and cleaning products i.e Wilkinson and the Range have queues all day but all people seem to come out with is compost and plants etc. Surely not why they've been allowed to continue trading. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Eddie will be back soon buddy.

The Memsahib and I are currently in day 4 of a 84 day lockdown, because of the underlying health condition I have. To tell the truth, it hasn't really affected me because although I am semi-retired I work from home a few hours a week to pay for my thirst, and only really venture out for the wife's benefit. I have plenty of beer at home (Beers of Europe and Belgiuminabox are still operating at full capacity and I get an order in from one or the other every week or two), I love cooking, the local chemist deliver my prescriptions and my brother-in-law picks up my 'Click & Collect' orders from Tesco or Asda each week.

The wife, on the other hand, is seriously claustrophobic. For her, the isolation is a living nightmare, but she is beginning to come to terms with it a little, especially as she realises that people - thousands of people - are dying.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The Memsahib and I are currently in day 4 of a 84 day lockdown, because of the underlying health condition I have. To tell the truth, it hasn't really affected me because although I am semi-retired I work from home a few hours a week to pay for my thirst, and only really venture out for the wife's benefit. I have plenty of beer at home (Beers of Europe and Belgiuminabox are still operating at full capacity and I get an order in from one or the other every week or two), I love cooking, the local chemist deliver my prescriptions and my brother-in-law picks up my 'Click & Collect' orders from Tesco or Asda each week.

The wife, on the other hand, is seriously claustrophobic. For her, the isolation is a living nightmare, but she is beginning to come to terms with it a little, especially as she realises that people - thousands of people - are dying.

How is your wife is she getting better my order my presciptions online and pick at chemist for my pain relief.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Thanks for the update Eddie. Wishing you and the good wife all the very best. Take care of the liver as well as protecting those lungs.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How is your wife is she getting better my order my presciptions online and pick at chemist for my pain relief.

Mentally, she has been suffering, but I am trying to help her as much as I can. I order my prescriptions online, and the local pharmacy have a delivery service so I don't have to leave home. They knock at the door and leave the prescriptions in a box outside my front door.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Its been deemed "unreliable". All tests for everything have a chance of returning "false negative" or "false positive" results, but you want the proportions to be as small as possible. Typically 90-95% accuracy is the benchmark.

It was quoted that the tests ordered were around 50-60% accurate. Far too low if you want to confidently use the results to issue a certificate saying whether or not someone is immune and can therefore move freely.

As to who sold them - don't know. There are around 100 companies offering them. So Rees-Mogg is bound to have his fingers in some.......

Will the have a test that is 90-95% accurate?

Archived