Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

1) it seems that way.

2) no doubt a company or companies heavily invested in by an offshore trust in which Jacob Rees-Mogg is a director.

3) they would have done, and the price will be 3 times what the Germans are paying. 

Only one of those may be true, but I thought it might be fun to post something that 48% of the poster population might like.

Number 2? 

WTF?!?

I understand the need to stay in as much as possible, I really do - but who are you to say whats not an essential purchase?  Some people (especially those living in cramped flats with no Sky or whatever) might deem a computer game, a dvd, a puzzle book or jigsaw essential for their mental health.

16 minutes ago, maxjam said:

WTF?!?

I understand the need to stay in as much as possible, I really do - but who are you to say whats not an essential purchase?  Some people (especially those living in cramped flats with no Sky or whatever) might deem a computer game, a dvd, a puzzle book or jigsaw essential for their mental health.

That cant be right/true....wine and beer are essential for my lockdown experience ? and ill be the judge of that not him or his mates 

Was hoping after a suitable quarantine period I'd be able to see the GF. Got a text last night and as it turns out she was admitted to hospital last night having contracted this ducking virus despite having spent the last 2 weeks + indoors.

If I read another ducking post about how it's time to end lockdowns I think I might actually lose the plot. Just stop it.

Just incase anyone was in any doubt:

From BBC News:

NHS England has recorded 765 new deaths in hospital from coronavirus.

It said that 140 of them occurred yesterday, while 568 took place between 1 April and 7 April.

The remaining 57 deaths took place in March, including two on 19 March and one on 16 March.

Fair to say most of the graphs being shown to the public around deaths at this point are worthless.

Sith Happens
43 minutes ago, maxjam said:

WTF?!?

What a **** *** (him not you lol) ....

Surely if there is anything thats deemed unnecessary then they should be telling supermarkets to stop stocking them.

Some may say alcohol is unnecessary but others will say of course it is, like it not even if not alcoholics a lot of people depend on it to relax etc.

You can't determine what is and isnt surely. I suppose if you came out with just car washing supplies you might say that was an unnecessary trip, but even if you did it should be the supermarket told not to sell.

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they want people misable and as anything cant go out and now saying cant buy a freaking film this is way getting daft now.

No one is saying that B4.

I’m weary of it all at the minute.

I fear the minority  will spoil it,I’ve tried so hard to apply common sense to the rules I’ve been given to help people and more and more I’ve been having it thrown back at me from all angles.

I am going to do something slightly different for a few days then hopefully common sense will prevail.

26 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Was hoping after a suitable quarantine period I'd be able to see the GF. Got a text last night and as it turns out she was admitted to hospital last night having contracted this ducking virus despite having spent the last 2 weeks + indoors.

If I read another ducking post about how it's time to end lockdowns I think I might actually lose the plot. Just stop it.

Stay strong buddy. If your girlfriend has half the tenacity and strength of mind you display on here, and I guess she would have to ?, she will pull through this with the help of our great NHS.  Hang tough, and keep us updated. All the best.

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Some may say alcohol is unnecessary but others will say of course it is, like it not even if not alcoholics a lot of people depend on it to relax etc.

This is the crux of the matter - who determines what is essential?

I haven't touched a drink since I started a health kick at the beginning of the year - thats non essential to me.  Nipping out to buy a few films/games is also non essential to me but I have a garden to relax in, Sky to watch movies on and Steam to download games from.  I also don't have 3 kids under 10yo driving my crazy in a tiny flat that desperately need entertaining...

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

This is the crux of the matter - who determines what is essential?

I haven't touched a drink since I started a health kick at the beginning of the year - thats non essential to me.  Nipping out to buy a few films/games is also non essential to me but I have a garden to relax in, Sky to watch movies on and Steam to download games from.  I also don't have 3 kids under 10yo driving my crazy in a tiny flat that desperately need entertaining...

Well not eveyone has sky mate netflex or what else and not just that taken everything else of people for godsake.

20 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I’m weary of it all at the minute.

I fear the minority  will spoil it,I’ve tried so hard to apply common sense to the rules I’ve been given to help people and more and more I’ve been having it thrown back at me from all angles.

I am going to do something slightly different for a few days then hopefully common sense will prevail.

Grantham is full of shoppers. Probably getting BBQ stuff for the weekend's nice weather. 

You'd thinks it was a Saturday this morning, not a lockdown Thursday. 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well not eveyone has sky mate netflex or what else and not just that taken everything else of people for godsake.

Hey B4 you are being negative again.  Do you remember the times when you have had a ticket to a game when others couldn’t get one, and you tell them that they should become an away member, or go in the home end, etc.  Really frustrating times, but your circumstances are no different to others, in fact I would suggest you are in many ways better off than a lot of others who post on here.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Hey B4 you are being negative again.  Do you remember the times when you have had a ticket to a game when others couldn’t get one, and you tell them that they should become an away member, or go in the home end, etc.  Really frustrating times, but your circumstances are no different to others, in fact I would suggest you are in many ways better off than a lot of others who post on here.

I am only saying taking little pleasures off people.

Archived