Coronavirus

1of4

Unreal. My mums just had her second test within a month yesterday, low and behold she tested positive.

Literally hasn’t been anywhere but Derby Royal since January, just end 2020 ? Poor woman needs a fookin break 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I almost feel the same but I'm sure (relatively) that the Treasury has done it's sums and the size of the National debt will be eye watering. It's certain to take a long time for the economy to recover. Well before my time but I guess it did after the two world wars.

Britain pays off final instalment of USA/Canada loan - after 61 years from WW2 on Friday 29th 2006, The Treasury will transfer £43m to the US and £12m to Canada.

The original loan of $4.34bn - equivalent to £27bn today - was made to avert Britain from bankruptcy at the end of the war rather than to finance the combat itself.

22 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just as a complete aside but one of the companies I work with today received there grants from their local council.

Fair play to the Government, they have managed to turn that round in 14 days of the business closing.

Just had mine confirmed an hour ago! ???

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

If it was me, I'd be more than happy to display some of my oil paintings.  Such as this one...imageproxy.php?img=&key=0b3e19078af877d7imageproxy.php?img=&key=0b3e19078af877d7imageproxy.php?img=&key=0b3e19078af877d7imageproxy.php?img=&key=0b3e19078af877d7imageproxy.php?img=&key=0b3e19078af877d7

ssa.png

This is exactly how my ole stepdad broke his ankle

Picture that if you will

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Jet2 holidays have announced that they start flying again on 17th June.

A friend who works for Haven Holidays has been told to report back to work for the half term week at the end of May.

How do these businesses know the lockdown will be lifted by then?

They don't - forward planning though?

Boris' letter arrived today.  Can't say I'm that impressed.  "Stay at home, and get as much decorating done as possible before the restrictions end", or words to that effect.
Admittedly I didn't read it myself, as I was busy decorating, but Muckerette kindly read it out to me, bless her!

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I know we shouldn’t be looking at any single day in isolation but, I think today’s number of deaths is higher than any single day seen in either Italy or Spain.

Terrible stats today - I think we get an artificial dip at the weekend.

truly awful numbers. I can’t yet see any dip associated with lockdown

50 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Let’s hope people stay in this bank holiday weekend or things may increase even more.

I’m having a bbq on the back garden for me and Mrs Gritters because it’s her birthday. She’s really lucky because I would have been at West Brom.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I almost feel the same but I'm sure (relatively) that the Treasury has done it's sums and the size of the National debt will be eye watering. It's certain to take a long time for the economy to recover. Well before my time but I guess it did after the two world wars.

Cancelling hs2 and foreign "aid" will offset the impact of lockdown. If such a thing occurs.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I know we shouldn’t be looking at any single day in isolation but, I think today’s number of deaths is higher than any single day seen in either Italy or Spain.

I think that's recorded deaths. I.e. some happened over the last week or so and it's only now they have been collated and added to todays figure. Who know's though what the true figures are around the world.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where are you based?

We are still waiting for some news for sites in Devon 

Derbyshire Dales. I filled in the form on 31st March and got confirmation today that it had been accepted. They've said the money will be in my account by Thursday next week at the latest.

34 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Let’s hope people stay in this bank holiday weekend or things may increase even more.

I’m having a bbq on the back garden for me and Mrs Gritters because it’s her birthday. She’s really lucky because I would have been at West Brom.

This is the traffic jam of cars coming from Madrid to Valencia today, so that they can pass the weekend at their apartments at the beaches here ????

3E1A3859-7BBB-4F3A-8D80-DE92BFA6F3E6.jpeg

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Just read up though that daily figures can’t be used that way ,apparently they include deaths from up to 2 weeks ago ,deaths today may take up to two weeks to show in figures

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just read up though that daily figures can’t be used that way ,apparently they include deaths from up to 2 weeks ago ,deaths today may take up to two weeks to show in figures

Huh?

More like the deaths from today likely to be those who caught the virus 2+ weeks ago. 

As usual, don’t look at single days in isolation - look at the general trend instead. Most trends indicate the increase in new deaths per day is decreasing. 

Archived