Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, richinspain said:

My niece is a nurse in the Derby Royal. She had been working on the Covid ward for three weeks before being sent home on Thursday with a fever, cough and sore throat. As of yesterday she hadn't been tested, and unless her symptoms worsened wasn't going to be.

Hopefully your niece will be ok

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Do you? I don't.

You what? I don't work for the NHS but what has that got to do with anything? 

Sorry. Realised you meant Boris getting tested (the sun has melted my brain).

OK, so he might have but, I'm not sure many people will have been when not all NHS staff have been tested yet. 

49 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Below the video click the share link, then copy URL and post that in the editor here, wait a couple of seconds before submitting reply and it will embed

I don't often agree with much of what The Guardian say but there is a lot of truth in this article (and backs up some of what I was saying about the police being over zealous in policing public spaces, especially when there was a huge block of flats in the background of one of the videos);

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/07/lockdown-britain-victorian-class-divide?CMP=share_btn_tw

5 minutes ago, David said:

Below the video click the share link, then copy URL and post that in the editor here, wait a couple of seconds before submitting reply and it will embed

I am happy how I pick up and copy the URL, but what do you mean post that in the editor here? My option on my ipad is to insert other media, including insert image from URL. Is that what you mean, and I have to wait a few seconds for that to embed?

4 minutes ago, David said:

As in the box where you write your posts

Sorry buddy, I pressed the send button in error on my last post, and you responded when I was editing. See above.  It seems to me what I am doing is right then, but I can’t be waiting long enough for it to embed? I will try again later perhaps, but now going to watch the cheery daily briefing.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry buddy, I pressed the send button in error on my last post, and you responded when I was editing. See above.  It seems to me what I am doing is right then, but I can’t be waiting long enough for it to embed? I will try again later perhaps, but now going to watch the cheery daily briefing.

In the box you paste the link, no need to press anything else like insert picture, just paste it in as if you was writing a post and wait a few seconds. The video will show and then you can press submit reply

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

My niece is a nurse in the Derby Royal. She had been working on the Covid ward for three weeks before being sent home on Thursday with a fever, cough and sore throat. As of yesterday she hadn't been tested, and unless her symptoms worsened wasn't going to be.

Something is really inconsistent here. A family member of mine works in admin at the same hospital and reckoned her kids had a bit of a temperature and they've been tested already ?!

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Something is really inconsistent here. A family member of mine works in admin at the same hospital and reckoned her kids had a bit of a temperature and they've been tested already ?!

My mum did say that possibly once the mobile testing unit was set up in the university that they possibly would test her, but I honestly don't know if she has now or is going to be tested.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah good point.

Probably a grim thing to say but I wonder how the current situation will affect suicide rates?

15 year old lad, that is a friend of a friend, apparently hung himself die to anxiety over current situation.

That's awful news - sorry to hear that

On the flipside though - my missus works in mental health and she was saying that a lot of her service users with anxiety related disorders are coping way better than she expected. Better than those who don't normally suffer anxiety at all. This article seems to back that observation up 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-is-making-a-lot-of-people-anxious-and-depressed-but-some-sufferers-actually-feel-better-now

Archived