Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I do that all the time - it's so easy to catch the wrong one as they are together.

Anyway, really sorry to hear that Boris is in intensive care and hope he's a fighter. 

I am no Johnson fan, but wouldn't wish Covid-19 on anyone. 

If he pulls through and makes a full recovery I hope this will cement his resolve to really protect the NHS and ensure it thrives over the longer term.

Fingers crossed for his partner too - is their unborn child in any danger does anyone know?

Horrible disease. There's little anyone can do right now - only hope for the best.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I am no Johnson fan, but wouldn't wish Covid-19 on anyone. 

If he pulls through and makes a full recovery I hope this will cement his resolve to really protect the NHS and ensure it thrives over the longer term.

Fingers crossed for his partner too - is their unborn child in any danger does anyone know?

Horrible disease. There's little anyone can do right now - only hope for the best.

Same as. Can't stand the man really but the absolute melts wishing him ill on social networks are utterly repugnant. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and soon. The country needs a lift right now and hopefully Johnson's recovery can provide that.

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

How’s @SaintRam? Has he been about? I know he showed symptoms the same day as I did, mine are all but gone now. Been a rough two weeks but feeling about 80/90% myself now again. 

21 hours ago, SaintRam said:

All good, folks. 

Back working (from home) today; I've spent the past 4-5 days sleeping for 20 or so hours a day waiting for the fever to break ? 

Bit mad it was so severe for me for so long; not consistent with most my age - I suspect it had a re-lapse of some form but I slept through the part where I was feeling better. Only symptoms I still have don't affect my ability to work; a (very) slight occasional shortness of breath and I still completely lack all sense of smell and taste (although some would say I never had the latter).

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

More likely a case of someone with flu-like symptoms having a 25% chance of having coronavirus. 

Because we test so few people in this country, the best metric is deaths. 6000 people lost so far, at a 2% rate would suggest 300,000 infections. 

But deaths lags infections by about 2 weeks. And number of infections doubles about every 3.5 days. 

That means that without lockdown there could have been up to 4.8m infections right now. 

With lockdown, My estimate would be around half that. Around 2m people are or have been infected so far. 

Still a long way to get to herd immunity. 

15 hours ago, TramRam said:

Brilliant, A Politician who believes in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, Just wait until those Children grow up and find out Politicians Fib at times.

Yep, more believable than some of the figures spouted by Matt Isacock re. Testing and getting PPE equipment to NHS pharmacies or care home staff

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Come on blue bin! Only 2 days till emptying... you got this buddy! ??

Screenshot_20200407-103523_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dcb6c86b988442a7dbc390ee5e2305f8.jpg

Have you been to one of those Cobra meetings ? ?

18 hours ago, TramRam said:

Brilliant, A Politician who believes in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, Just wait until those Children grow up and find out Politicians Fib at times.

she must be doing something right; NZ 1 CV19 related death.  Faced with earthquake, volcanic explosion and a pandemic in 1 term.

So from ONS figures, deaths for the first 13 weeks of the year are 3000 down on the 5 year average.

The week ended 27/03/2020 did show an increase of circa 1,000 or 10% increase on the 5 year average.

Interesting to see corresponding figures next week when they are released, given that we are now hearing of 500 or so deaths per day relating to Covid 19.

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So from ONS figures, deaths for the first 13 weeks of the year are 3000 down on the 5 year average.

The week ended 27/03/2020 did show an increase of circa 1,000 or 10% increase on the 5 year average.

Interesting to see corresponding figures next week when they are released, given that we are now hearing of 500 or so deaths per day relating to Covid 19.

But I think people are getting better than they are dieing but I do still think goverment over reacted.

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I imagine that some usual causes of deaths would be less than the norm: car accidents, exercise related (heart attacks) etc.

This wouldn't be a huge number I expect, but still must be lower than normal.

Archived