Coronavirus

1of4

4 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

The number of confirmed cases against the number of tests carried out has been fairly steady at 25% infection rate. Could this mean 25% of the population has got it already?

Not as I see it as. Up until now, they have only been testing people with symptoms serious enough to be admitted to hospital (I assume). There are probably many many more people with either no symptoms or only minor symptoms that have not been tested.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

I'm deeply distrustful of all these statistics. The figures for deaths are recorded when the virus is present in the body but it's not known how many died because of the virus or would have died anyway.

Oh for goodness sake, how many times are we going to have to read this.

We will find out tomorrow the comparative figures.....

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Come off it you people coming into uk all over the world or otherway round so the it could been here for months before lock down.

Don’t you think we might have noticed?

Found out today that there is bloke at work who has got it. 

He is currently in intensive care

And has been given a 5% chance of surviving.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Found out today that there is bloke at work who has got it. 

He is currently in intensive care

And has been given a 5% chance of surviving.

While still a chance there is hope mate dont give up on him yet.

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

The number of confirmed cases against the number of tests carried out has been fairly steady at 25% infection rate. Could this mean 25% of the population has got it already?

I'd say it more likely says if you have a cough or temperature, it's a 25% chance you've got CV-19

3 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

I'm deeply distrustful of all these statistics. The figures for deaths are recorded when the virus is present in the body but it's not known how many died because of the virus or would have died anyway. The figures for deaths don't include those who died in care homes or at home either.  And the number of people infected don't include those who have isolated at home. 

I suppose at least the figures provide some sort of consistency in showing increases/decreases. 

As more time passes I am too and not out of conspiracy. I now don't think the situation is as bad as the official statistics. The government and CMO need to get on top of this asap as it's causing unnecessary panic/alarm. They need to produce figures in regards to the death rate. How many people are dieing with it being an actual cause. Instead of including everyone that has traceable amounts of the virus. I'm also highly suspect of the tests themselves. From what i gather, the tests are designed to identify a broad range of things. 

Archived