Coronavirus

1of4

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-prime-minister-admitted-to-hospital-for-coronavirus-tests-11969053

Says his admission is a precautionary rather than emergency measure and its not known whether he will remain in overnight. 

All the best to Boris and indeed anyone suffering with the virus.

BBC says he will be in overnight. For what are described as "routine tests:.

Admission on the advice of his doctor. Doesn't sound trivial, or at least in the current situation not a decision that would have been taken lightly. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Don't forget to watch the queen tonight she's one of our own, wonder if she'll have her Rams shirt on. 0_AC_TEM_280719_RangersVsDerbyCounty_328JPG.thumb.jpg.5c976757538fd07d05da4183de531bbf.jpg

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

That bloke to her right must be the worst photoshopped head on a body ever.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

I think it's a girl to her right. Probably.

They're her undercover SAS trained bodyguards.

They normally look like this.

2waum75253p11.jpg.be6b0be0497a349494c81b07c861ace0.jpg

On 03/04/2020 at 17:36, Bob The Badger said:

Seriously, does anybody know @SaintRam well enough to put a call in and let us know he's ok?

I'm worried.

All good, folks. 

Back working (from home) today; I've spent the past 4-5 days sleeping for 20 or so hours a day waiting for the fever to break ? 

Bit mad it was so severe for me for so long; not consistent with most my age - I suspect it had a re-lapse of some form but I slept through the part where I was feeling better. Only symptoms I still have don't affect my ability to work; a (very) slight occasional shortness of breath and I still completely lack all sense of smell and taste (although some would say I never had the latter).

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

All good, folks. 

Back working (from home) today; I've spent the past 4-5 days sleeping for 20 or so hours a day waiting for the fever to break ? 

Bit mad it was so severe for me for so long; not consistent with most my age - I suspect it had a re-lapse of some form but I slept through the part where I was feeling better. Only symptoms I still have don't affect my ability to work; a (very) slight occasional shortness of breath and I still completely lack all sense of smell and taste (although some would say I never had the latter).

Best news of the day - welcome back!

Received my road tax reminder today. Not sure wether to renew now or register the car on SORN, as I'm self isolating for 3 months as advised by the government. Will probably renew, in case I need to use the car in an emergency.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Received my road tax reminder today. Not sure wether to renew now or register the car on SORN, as I'm self isolating for 3 months as advised by the government. Will probably renew, in case I need to use the car in an emergency.

I declared mine Sorn, but we do have another car so have one if we have an emergency

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

went out in mine for the first time in 3 weeks on Saturday......hunting dried cat food.

And kerbed the bugger in a ludicrously tight municipal car park.........so now an alloy repair bill to look forward to anorl......?

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

All good, folks. 

Old habits die hard, I see!
We ask how he is, out of politeness.  He comes back with a bloody full on running commentary... and all for a bit of a cold!

Jeez!

? ? ?

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

went out in mine for the first time in 3 weeks on Saturday......hunting dried cat food.

And kerbed the bugger in a ludicrously tight municipal car park.........so now an alloy repair bill to look forward to anorl......?

Jaguar?

Working at home today so thought I would put the news on to see what the latest is. A clip shows Dominic Raab entering 10 Downing Street with another two fellas so close they could lick each other (enduring image). They do all know that they are being filmed don’t they? If you are going on TV and warning the public, quite rightly, about social distancing, is it really so hard to practise what you preach? 

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Working at home today so thought I would put the news on to see what the latest is. A clip shows Dominic Raab entering 10 Downing Street with another two fellas so close they could lick each other (enduring image). They do all know that they are being filmed don’t they? If you are going on TV and warning the public, quite rightly, about social distancing, is it really so hard to practise what you preach? 

Bit weird Rabb is the caretaker. He was terrible in the leadership contest and was one of the first voted out. Saying that, it's tough to think of anyone you fancy could do an acceptable job. Chancellor perhaps?

29 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Bit weird Rabb is the caretaker. He was terrible in the leadership contest and was one of the first voted out. Saying that, it's tough to think of anyone you fancy could do an acceptable job. Chancellor perhaps?

I would rather the cat took control.

The problem with government, in these times as well as ordinary ones, is that no one really knows what they are talking about. Michael Gove a poor journalist being put in charge of education all those years ago - he knew nothing about it, as an example, and made a terrible mess.

I have always found the system strange. I would much rather have someone who has worked within health care being in charge of the nhs / health secretary, for example, and if this isn’t possible then they should be immersed in it’s operation and find out what it is like to be a doctor, a nurse, a consultant, a porter, an admin worker etc. It would be like me being put in charge of the biscuit factory, oft talked about on these pages, and being expected to make strategic decisions. What the chuff do I know about a biscuit factory?

Anyway, I am looking forward to the Downing Street cat’s press conference tonight when it can explain where the PPE is for our key workers and what on earth is going on with testing.

Archived