Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Would be interested to know how Kyle maintained social distancing rules.....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/05/city-to-investigate-kyle-walker-over-sex-party-that-broke-quarantine-rules

Apparently he said 'I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made', did he mean 'I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for getting caught'

Grealish also breached the rules but I can't see any mention of whether he was breatherlised given he hit a couple of cars.

On 04/04/2020 at 16:13, RamNut said:

Sat 

derbyshire 398 up 4% ; london 10,764 up 5%

708 deaths

infections rates possibly now showing the benefit of isolation, altho weekend figures would need to be confirmed by similar stats come monday and tuesday.

Sunday - not so good

derbyshire 452 up 12%, London 11,978 up 10%

621 deaths.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But what are numbers that got bettef they dont mention that do they.

It's too soon to say if it's better or not. Remember it's the weekend - maybe the hospitals don't all work the same way, and we might be missing some from the total. It went down last Sunday too.

Just keep hanging in there and doing what we've been told to. It's still early days but if we all behave for the next 3-4 weeks, maybe that will see the numbers really improving.

Just read thison The Guardian website:

1h ago17:32

Public Health England said 11,085 tests for coronavirus were carried out on 8,651 people on Saturday in England. A tweet by the Department of Health added that PHE gave the testing capacity for inpatient care in England as 12,799 tests per day.

The announcement comes after a total of 12,334 new people were reported as being tested in the 24 hours up until 9am today. The equivalent figure for yesterday had slipped below 10,000, having previously been above 10,000 for two days in a row (see 3.07pm).

Updated at 5.42pm BST

Can anyone explain the first sentence? I would have presumed that if 11085 tests had been done they'd been done on 11085 people!

15 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Public Health England said 11,085 tests for coronavirus were carried out on 8,651 people on Saturday in England. A tweet by the Department of Health added that PHE gave the testing capacity for inpatient care in England as 12,799 tests per day.

The announcement comes after a total of 12,334 new people were reported as being tested in the 24 hours up until 9am today. The equivalent figure for yesterday had slipped below 10,000, having previously been above 10,000 for two days in a row (see 3.07pm).

Updated at 5.42pm BST

Can anyone explain the first sentence? I would have presumed that if 11085 tests had been done they'd been done on 11085 people!

Different types of test on the same person to ascertain accuracy? Dunno, just a guess. 

15 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Updated at 5.42pm BST

Not very clear. I can only assume for some people they’ve done more than one test. I can’t think why unless either the first test was inconclusive (I don’t even know if that is possible) or they doubted the first test. People tested is what matters.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not very clear. I can only assume for some people they’ve done more than one test. I can’t think why unless either the first test was inconclusive (I don’t even know if that is possible) or they doubted the first test. People tested is what matters.

Based on the unproven belief that having it once provides immunity.  Hope so

Sith Happens
Just now, Van Gritters said:

Boris has gone to hospital.

beat me to it. let's hope it is just precautionary as suggested. 

Archived