Coronavirus

1of4

Sith Happens
28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo

This thing gone on for long enough

I know its tough but i'd rather be a bit bored and stay at home than be burying my mum and dad for an avoidable death because of Covid-19.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo

This thing gone on for long enough

Have you been watching the Match Day Relived on Rams TV including today's game against Fulham? It might you help you cope  little better especially as I doubt they're going to show any bad games or defeats.

It's tough for everyone and we're all just going to prepare ourselves for the long haul.

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I’m a key worker and I am working from home. Not because I’m scared or hiding but because I am following the government advice that you should only go to work if you can’t work from home. I have heard all this ‘the management are ok hiding at home, they’re ok ‘, is not the case of them hiding it is following the rules put in place. Working from home is twice as difficult or me and I am finding I am spending a lot of the time in conference calls. I would like to be working from my work place where I can have the face to face interaction with the front line staff. I think it is more down to people’s attitudes to their work because if you asked me who would moan a lot but get on with things who would be the first to self isolate and sit at home for two weeks and who would just get on with things I could have told you who last summer before we had even heard of this virus.

Part of the isolation is to protect the key workers too.

Agreed but there are times when you h e to be seen. I am not saying they have to work there full time, just do a day on the production line.. Then back to their normal jobs. It speaks a  thousand words..

I got put on the much expected furlough officially on Friday.

A lot of folks have got it worse and so we've avoided the germs.

It could take a while, but the other side will come and everything that's been on hold for now will kick off again. We just have to survive being lazy bamfords watching TV for a few more weeks.

I predict I'll be a gibbering idiot by 16th April.

Hope you're all well, and wash your hands bro.

Something I always thought might have added to the Italian death toll was the number of smokers there. I go there quite a bit and it’s definitely more than here. As the virus affects the lungs, it might contribute to the high death toll. One thing for sure, being a smoker ain’t going to help you.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Something I always thought might have added to the Italian death toll was the number of smokers there. I go there quite a bit and it’s definitely more than here. As the virus affects the lungs, it might contribute to the high death toll. One thing for sure, being a smoker ain’t going to help you.

One of my kids asked me if smokers were more at risk....I said they would be - I never miss a chance to put them off. 

Being a virus that attacks the lungs I would assume it would be a problem, but thinking about it, it's not really been discussed much. Maybe I just missed it? 

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

One of my kids asked me if smokers were more at risk....I said they would be - I never miss a chance to put them off. 

Being a virus that attacks the lungs I would assume it would be a problem, but thinking about it, it's not really been discussed much. Maybe I just missed it? 

It's not so much the smoking, although that's obviously not helpful, it's more that smokers touch their face much more often than non smokers.

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

Awesome website, thanks for the link ? 

I thought so too. Saw 'Brighton Beach' trending on twitter & came across this site. Interesting to see how many people turn up on that beach tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Chester40 said:

A commendable post, I find it helpful to discuss things here in a relatively emotionless void to help me process things that are still fortunately fairly arms length for me. 

As an example, I have a close friend who was diagnosed with cancer in October. It's unclear how serious it is, but every next treatment /test /scan seems to suggest it ain't good. I can't help thinking of her a lot. She was struggling terribly as each crossroad seemed to be a wrong turn. She is now being pretty isolated too which is hard and gives her too much time to think. Initially as the virus started to spread, she must have thought 'stop moaning everyone, be glad you haven't got real problems'. 

Obviously she is now dealing with the duel concerns of appointments being cancelled, treatment delays and the threat of contracting the virus if she goes to hospital or gets further interventions (very much so and she is now getting treatment at home). 

She is also getting towards the time her sick pay will run out. Her husband is self employed and is now at home not earning. Her daughter is in her last year of University and due to complete training and look for work and everything is now up in the air for her but she can't come home as Mum is self isolating. 

There are no winners here. Everyone has stuff that is pushing them one way or the other and it's good we can respect each other's personal circumstances even if our own situation puts our needs at odds with their's at times. 

Will say a prayer for that family tonight,God knows they need some help,in fact my prayer will cover all sufferers around the world.

37 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Also a very huggy kissy bunch arent they?

May have contributed to the quick spread of the virus?

11 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Dont give them ideas! I used to work in Hong Kong and i tried a few strange things. One of my coworker once told we eat everything on 4 legs apart from the table!

That's probably only because they were full up after eating the chairs?

Archived