Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

This type of management pisses me off.. Okay you are in a critical industry, albeit biscuits and we do need to keep some sort of economy going. But ffs lead from the front, be there, be seen, do a couple of days work on the production line. Talk to people, listen and understand the concerns.. It’s not much to ask when you are asking a lot. You will learn loads as well..
Sometimes, people have no idea how to lead. You won’t always be liked but that comes with the pay packet.. But you can be respected and when the chips are down you will be staggered how much support you get back.

We did not discriminate between roles, okay easier for me, office work from home, sent the drivers home as well.. For what little we were doing, it was better to close rather than risk staff health. Different in your case but leaders need to be front and centre now more than ever.

I’m a key worker and I am working from home. Not because I’m scared or hiding but because I am following the government advice that you should only go to work if you can’t work from home. I have heard all this ‘the management are ok hiding at home, they’re ok ‘, is not the case of them hiding it is following the rules put in place. Working from home is twice as difficult or me and I am finding I am spending a lot of the time in conference calls. I would like to be working from my work place where I can have the face to face interaction with the front line staff. I think it is more down to people’s attitudes to their work because if you asked me who would moan a lot but get on with things who would be the first to self isolate and sit at home for two weeks and who would just get on with things I could have told you who last summer before we had even heard of this virus.

Part of the isolation is to protect the key workers too.

19 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

After hearing how the Yanks hijacked a consignment of masks, that were on a plane destined for Germany. So unless the kits are being made here. I'd send the RAF along with the SAS to collect them from wherever they're made, to make sure the Yanks don't try it with us.

I'd send Mark Francois in a Spitfire.

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just read headlines on Guardian. Another 600 dead including 5 year old. Watford Hospital A&E closed, if there is an emergency, go elsewhere. 5 London bus drives dead with Coronovirus. This is bad.

708 according to the BBC. A new daily high and, worryingly, on  par or even slightly higher than where Italy was a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

708 according to the BBC. A new daily high and, worryingly, on  par or even slightly higher than where Italy was a couple of weeks ago.

These are most likely people who caught it before we had the lockdown. I think it is a big message and incentive to get people to stay at home.

7 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

These are most likely people who caught it before we had the lockdown. I think it is a big message and incentive to get people to stay at home.

I know. Italy went into lockdown two weeks before we did and we're estimated to be two or three weeks behind them in terms of the virus. That's why I look at our figures compared to Italy's from two weeks ago. If our trajectory remains the same as Italy's (it may not but it has up until now) then we could be facing at least as bad as them. People have being trying to rationalise Italy's high numbers by pointing out their older population. 

The critical incident at Watford seems to be that they're running out of oxygen. 

Sith Happens

Derbyshire Constabulary apparently had to request markeaton park car park be blocked off earlier due to large volumes of cars.

Sith Happens
26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You cant stay at all the time there lifting lockdown in may.

Not confirmed yet. It wont happen in May if people can't follow the instructions in place right now.

23 hours ago, RamNut said:

Update - Derbyshire 383 up another 10%; London 10,247 also 10%

684 deaths.

Sat 

derbyshire 398 up 4% ; london 10,764 up 5%

708 deaths

infections rates possibly now showing the benefit of isolation, altho weekend figures would need to be confirmed by similar stats come monday and tuesday.

Archived