Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I’m in pre-season at the moment. Got  2 x 500 ones to get me fully fit for the 1000 pces sucker. 
One small problem, it’s a Christmas scene. 

C7C50891-D6D9-4870-89BF-AE0C43838BC5.jpeg

There's a socially-distanced spectator sport here waiting to happen. Two players, one Periscope live FB feed, same puzzle and a straight race to completion. Spamage is out of work so he could provide the commentary.

We could call it Jigsaw Wars.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, sage said:

The narrative has nothing to do with the facts. It was foreign students having to leave in a hurry.

I have had to throw some food away as I have had time to go through my cupboards and found some packets at the back a couple of years out of date, Like the news story, linked to the virus but not due to stockpiling.   

Mrs VdM has been sorting her herbs and spices and found 8 jars of cinnamon. 

And she's brought home 4x tins of skimmed milk powder from her ice cream business. 

So I'm in for a load of rice, macaroni, semolina etc puddings over the next few weeks......?

23 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Okay I'm walking into a trap here with some people on this forum but google it, everyone was calling it Wuhan Flu or Chinese Flu until Trump called it that, then apparently it became racist cos Orange Man bad.  No one has ever balked at Spanish flu or Germain measles, its just being overly sensitive or PC to cry foul at Chinese flu.

Its also funny how its only ever racist when lefties tell us so;

Reporter: "Why do you have to say 'Chinese Flu"?

Trump: "For the same reason you say 'Russian Bots'".

*pretty sure the above is a meme but shows the double standards well.

It's not called Spanish 'flu because it started in Spain - as you say yourself Google it and you will see. In fact, Spanish flu actually originated in a bird farm in the good old U S of A.

Let's bounce the question back the other way - why do you feel the need (or believe others feel the need) to call it Chinese 'flu?

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

There's a socially-distanced spectator here waiting to happen. Two players, one Periscope live FB feed, same puzzle and a straight race to completion. Spamage is out of work so he could provide the commentary.

We could call it Jigsaw Wars.

Well, you've done better than the Rams have managed recently and got four corners.

53 minutes ago, TramRam said:

It did start in China, If it didn't then we wouldn't be where we are now.

Why do you say that? Coz if it had started in the green fields of England we'd just have bally well kicked the old boy into touch? That sort of thing?

35 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Okay I'm walking into a trap here with some people on this forum but google it, everyone was calling it Wuhan Flu or Chinese Flu until Trump called it that, then apparently it became racist cos Orange Man bad.  No one has ever balked at Spanish flu or Germain measles, its just being overly sensitive or PC to cry foul at Chinese flu.

Its also funny how its only ever racist when lefties tell us so;

Reporter: "Why do you have to say 'Chinese Flu"?

Trump: "For the same reason you say 'Russian Bots'".

*pretty sure the above is a meme but shows the double standards well.

Seems you need us lefties as you love to call us to educate you too. Spanish flu didn't originate in Spain.

You're welcome ?

8 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Why do you say that? Coz if it had started in the green fields of England we'd just have bally well kicked the old boy into touch? That sort of thing?

No, probably because we would have reported it to the WHO as soon as we know about it.

9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's not called Spanish 'flu because it started in Spain - as you say yourself Google it and you will see. In fact, Spanish flu actually originated in a bird farm in the good old U S of A.

Let's bounce the question back the other way - why do you feel the need (or believe others feel the need) to call it Chinese 'flu?

Spain was one of only a few major European countries to remain neutral during World War I. Unlike in the Allied and Central Powers nations, where wartime censors suppressed news of the flu to avoid affecting morale, the Spanish media was free to report on it in gory detail. News of the sickness first made headlines in Madrid in late-May 1918, and coverage only increased after the Spanish King Alfonso XIII came down with a nasty case a week later. Since nations undergoing a media blackout could only read in depth accounts from Spanish news sources, they naturally assumed that the country was the pandemic’s ground zero. The Spanish, meanwhile, believed the virus had spread to them from France, so they took to calling it the “French Flu.”

While it’s unlikely that the “Spanish Flu” originated in Spain, scientists are still unsure of its source. France, China and Britain have all been suggested as the potential birthplace of the virus, as has the United States, where the first known case was reported at a military base in Kansas on March 11, 1918. Researchers have also conducted extensive studies on the remains of victims of the pandemic, but they have yet to discover why the strain that ravaged the world in 1918 was so lethal.

It was Sergeant Peacock and Private Swan who were in charge of the Bird farm.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, probably because we would have reported it to the WHO as soon as we know about it.

Awww, really happy for you mate. It must have been incredibly tedious trying to find new and inventive ways to bash Muslims and Eastern Europeans. Switching your attention to the Chinese seems to have freshened you up no end. Good to see!

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Dont think racism is something to joke about but knock yourself out.

I'm chilled too, was just joking with you, other than about awaiting your response...

Chinese finally officially reported Covid-19 on November 17th. Try doing your own research for once instead of expecting everyone to do it for you.

You're welcome.

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Chinese finally officially reported Covid-19 on November 17th. Try doing your own research for once instead of expecting everyone to do it for you.

You're welcome.

Fake news.

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fair one. Just checked and it was first officially recorded on that date but not reported until there were 60 recorded cases nearly a month later. 

Chinese kept their heads down for a full 6 weeks before reporting to WHO.

p.s. Pretty understandable in my view why Western Governments are hostile to China, and entering into a bit of name calling. There will be great Trade implications for China when this current crisis gets sorted.

18 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You're welcome.

I did my own research and it completely conflicted with what you said.

The WHO say it was first reported to them on 31st December.

You say it was reported on 17th  November but in your post that the UK knew about it in October?

This was in the same post where you was harping on about someone telling lies.

Happy to point out your inaccuracies. You're welcome.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Party town!

I suspect that some people will continue to flout Government advice and rules whilst there are ever Government advice and rules about anything, so officers might have to get used to it.

And if 25 people represents a massive party then officers clearly haven't been to many parties.

Archived