Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

But keep telling yourself BoJo is a good old chap if it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself it's the bloody Remainers who caused this delay, keep telling yourself it's the EU who won't let us have their ventilators. Someone on this board will lose a friend, a colleague, a loved one. And while it wasn't totally preventable we could have made it so much less by listening to the right people at that right time.

For all of BJs privilaged upbringing and education, I doubt his medical, Security or Financial knowledge can put him in the fireing line of blame if at all any, You are obviously aware of Cobra meetings, Where the people from the above fields give advice on what's the best strategy going forward, He's not the best orator as history shows.

The time for the blame game is when this Pandemic has ended.

33 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

One small example, the rest is in the thread so if you want to read you can see for yourself - if you don't want to then that's your choice, as you wish...

But keep telling yourself BoJo is a good old chap if it makes you feel better, keep telling yourself it's the bloody Remainers who caused this delay, keep telling yourself it's the EU who won't let us have their ventilators. Someone on this board will lose a friend, a colleague, a loved one. And while it wasn't totally preventable we could have made it so much less by listening to the right people at that right time.

See that's what really annoying - it is NOT a case of for us or against us. The old-style adversarial politics. But you keep telling yourself that you'll convince people of your argument by insulting them.

6 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

not sure where the connection is between the finance minister of hesse and coronavirus is?

Copied and pasted the wrong paper.

This is a quote.

Frankfurt am Main:

Thomas Schaefer, the finance minister of Germany's Hesse state, has committed suicide apparently after becoming "deeply worried" over how to cope with the economic fallout from the coronavirus, state premier Volker Bouffier said on Sunday.

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

I think its more to do with their wet markets than anything else.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/23/appetite-for-warm-meat-drives-risk-of-disease-in-hong-kong-and-china

Maybe they should wash everything in chlorine

We've been waiting for a virus to cross from animal to human for a long time. Avian influenza was a big concern for a long time, and when cases were found there was concern about it moving from human to human. Thankfully that never happened - but it was always a possibility. 

That's why calling it Chinese flu is pointless. We are primarily meat eating animals - the only way we could have ensured we would not get sick from animal viruses is not to eat animals. The fact it originated in Chinese wet markets is neither here nor there. 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That's why calling it Chinese flu is pointless. We are primarily meat eating animals - the only way we could have ensured we would not get sick from animal viruses is not to eat animals. The fact it originated in Chinese wet markets is neither here nor there. 

You've just Double Sixed yourself.

36 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We've been waiting for a virus to cross from animal to human for a long time. Avian influenza was a big concern for a long time, and when cases were found there was concern about it moving from human to human. Thankfully that never happened - but it was always a possibility. 

According to some top science dude whose name I've forgottem being interviewed the other day, the top people in the field have been saying it's an not a possibility, but an inevitability for the best part of a decade.

He said that bats were the biggest concern because of the ease in which most viruses can be transmitted from them to humans.

Clearly, Ozzy Osbourne was ahead of the curve.

Just now, GboroRam said:

Eh? 

Double six, A saying down here of putting yourself in a corner.

You've admitted it started in China, Then go on to say it's neither here nor there.

It did start in China, If it didn't then we wouldn't be where we are now.

5 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Double six, A saying down here of putting yourself in a corner.

You've admitted it started in China, Then go on to say it's neither here nor there.

It did start in China, If it didn't then we wouldn't be where we are now.

If it hadn't started in China, it would have started somewhere else eventually. Because we eat meat. Bats and Chinese people are getting unnecessary criticism. If it had started in chicken through avian flu, we'd potentially be in the same situation. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Okay I'm walking into a trap here with some people on this forum but google it, everyone was calling it Wuhan Flu or Chinese Flu until Trump called it that, then apparently it became racist cos Orange Man bad.  No one has ever balked at Spanish flu or Germain measles, its just being overly sensitive or PC to cry foul at Chinese flu.

Its also funny how its only ever racist when lefties tell us so;

Reporter: "Why do you have to say 'Chinese Flu"?

Trump: "For the same reason you say 'Russian Bots'".

*pretty sure the above is a meme but shows the double standards well.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Okay I'm walking into a trap here with some people on this forum but google it, everyone was calling it Wuhan Flu or Chinese Flu until Trump called it that, then apparently it became racist cos Orange Man bad.  No one has ever balked at Spanish flu or Germain measles, its just being overly sensitive or PC to cry foul at Chinese flu.

Its also funny how its only ever racist when lefties tell us so;

Reporter: "Why do you have to say 'Chinese Flu"?

Trump: "For the same reason you say 'Russian Bots'".

*pretty sure the above is a meme but shows the double standards well.

Considering how the Chinese government continues to behave and are blaming everyone else, they've put the final nail in the coffin. It's going to be refereed to as the Chinese Flu and they are going to face huge sanctions. 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Will this be happening up and down the country as people throw away their stockpiled goods when it goes out of date?

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/furious-reaction-pictures-showing-bins-17993108

The narrative has nothing to do with the facts. It was foreign students having to leave in a hurry.

I have had to throw some food away as I have had time to go through my cupboards and found some packets at the back a couple of years out of date, Like the news story, linked to the virus but not due to stockpiling.   

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

See that's what really annoying - it is NOT a case of for us or against us. The old-style adversarial politics. But you keep telling yourself that you'll convince people of your argument by insulting them.

Nope, that wasn't an insult - in any way shape or form. Lighten up on the 'offended' or you'll have people believing you're one of those millenials...

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Upon first sight of things escalating I tried to get ahead of the curve and deliver an immediate coup de grace... Out of stock. Oh the shame!

Educa Borrás – Around the World, 42,000 Pieces, 17570

by Educa

4.1 out of 5 stars    31 ratings

Currently unavailable.

I’m in pre-season at the moment. Got  2 x 500 ones to get me fully fit for the 1000 pces sucker. 
One small problem, it’s a Christmas scene. 

C7C50891-D6D9-4870-89BF-AE0C43838BC5.jpeg

Sith Happens
Just now, Angry Ram said:

I’m in pre-season at the moment. Got  2 x 500 ones to get me fully fit for the 1000 pces sucker. 
One small problem, it’s a Christmas scene. 

C7C50891-D6D9-4870-89BF-AE0C43838BC5.jpeg

might be Christmas by the time you finish it

Archived