Coronavirus

1of4

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

In which case they are creating revenue from it. If Chatsworth can make it pay then why can't a council? It just needs people who can think a bit more commercially. 

How do you know Chatsworth are 'making it pay' - it may just be part of the package that encourages tourists to visit? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think that my utter contempt for a lot of people in this country cannot get any higher - and then you get days like yesterday to give it a boost.

A few weeks ago we took the family to the local beach, safely social distanced from everyone.

My first job was to bag and dispose of about 6 dog turds from the area. 

People are just disgusting.

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

A few weeks ago we took the family to the local beach, safely social distanced from everyone.

Glad you said local beach 

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm lucky enough to live close to several nice places to walk - it's always been a problem, but since lockdown began, local dog owners have delighted in decorating the trees and bushes with little black bags - despite there being numerous doggy doo-doo bins. Obviously they don't want to suffer the indignity of carrying their animals faeces a few hunderd feet so 'dispose' of it as soon as possible - in bags that aren't biodegradable and therefore can (literally) hang around for years. I love dogs but detest most dog owners.....

Just now, Gaspode said:

I'm lucky enough to live close to several nice places to walk - it's always been a problem, but since lockdown began, local dog owners have delighted in decorating the trees and bushes with little black bags - despite there being numerous doggy doo-doo bins. Obviously they don't want to suffer the indignity of carrying their animals faeces a few hunderd feet so 'dispose' of it as soon as possible - in bags that aren't biodegradable and therefore can (literally) hang around for years. I love dogs but detest most dog owners.....

That happen a lot doesn’t it.  Better to leave poo rather than put It in the bags and leave them all over the place. 

That way at least it would degrade. 

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Glad you said local beach 

To be fair it was fairly quiet. Can't complain - people weren't being stupid and were giving everyone lots of room (mostly - there's always some idiots). But nobody cares about dog poo on the beach, which is a real shame because it's full of kids and the "responsible" adults don't think what they're doing.

25 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

My beach time was full of unbagged turds left where they've fallen from their darling dog's arse.

Just now, Eddie said:

Well, I am contemptible.

Not really. 

I think most people will have contempt for lots of things. 

What happened on Bournemouth beach was contemptible but the police have a very difficult job to police these things. 

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not really. 

I think most people will have contempt for lots of things. 

What happened on Bournemouth beach was contemptible but the police have a very difficult job to police these things. 

It's a thankless task. From the pictures printed in the papers today, if every facemask had a picture of 'Wally' printed on them, you still wouldn't be able to spot him.

Some of those beach-goers interviewed on the news last night... all with the masses in the background, and all around them...
and I'm paraphrasing here, of course...

"Well, with all this lockdown, I've been struggling mentally...  I just needed to feel the sun on my back.  Just nice to be back out.  I'm not worried."
"I don't even know anybody who has had the virus.  It's all being exaggerated, if you ask me".
"Yeah, It's a bit busier than we expected, and the social distancing is a worry at times... titter, snigger, guffaw" as she shrugs her shoulders, and her mate joins in with the laughter.

Seriously, It's getting very close to the point where I may start praying of a bedtime, and hope that whatever God hears my cries does us all the favour of whittling this planet's population down a bit more.  Not a nice thought, but these are not-nice people I'll be aiming my prayers at!

Grrrr... Hisssss... Boooo... etc!

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Some of those beach-goers interviewed on the news last night... all with the masses in the background, and all around them...

"Well, with all this lockdown, I've been struggling mentally...  I just needed to feel the sun on my back.  Just nice to be back out.  I'm not worried."
"I don't even know anybody who has had the virus.  It's all being exaggerated, if you ask me".
"Yeah, It's a bit busier than we expected, and the social distancing is a worry at times... titter, snigger, guffaw" as she shrugs her shoulders, and her mate joins in with the laughter.

Seriously, It's getting very close to the point where I may start praying of a bedtime, and hope that whatever God hears my cries does us all the favour of whittling this planet's population down a bit more.  Not a nice thought, but these are not-nice people I'll be aiming my prayers at!

Here here british exceptionalism at it's worst.

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I must confess to thinking along the lines of "Perhaps homo sapiens in the virus, and Novel Coronavirus is Earth's method of washing its hands"

It’s odd isn’t it?

All of the places that used to seem attractive to me now frighten me to death.

I have no desire to go to the pub, the beach, or on a plane or train.

I am quite happy to go for a walk or a run somewhere quiet for now. I can understand people’s frustration and I get that younger people think they’re not at risk.

Some might even have the attitude that old people are meant to die anyway.

Repugnant though that is, they don’t seem to realise that if we go into full lockdown again the country is ducked and their hedonistic lifestyle is going to come to a shuddering halt.

There hasn’t been a second wave of COVID-19 after Easter bank holiday or VE day or Cummings or any of the mass protests all over the country.  Where is all the data to say we will get one now because of Bournemouth beach, Liverpool fans etc etc? 

Genuine question and not a wind up post I promise ??

ps leaving rubbish anywhere is disgusting  ! 

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Curtains said:

I just stated that it is a bit different outside meaning it is more difficult to catch Covid 19 outdoors.than indoors in closed in spaces  

Whats your answer to what people did yesterday in Bournemouth ! 

For them not to go?

Archived