Coronavirus

1of4

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Meanwhile, am I the only one seeing a disconnect between everyone saying that Boris is "in good spirits and doing well" - and that he is in Intensive Care? Those two states would be generally incompatible.

I've been in intensive care and it certainly didn't seem to be a place where patients are taken as a precaution - it's a place where you are taken when you are very ill.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I've been in intensive care and it certainly didn't seem to be a place where patients are taken as a precaution - it's a place where you are taken when you are very ill.

Are you okay now matey.

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Meanwhile, am I the only one seeing a disconnect between everyone saying that Boris is "in good spirits and doing well" - and that he is in Intensive Care? Those two states would be generally incompatible.

Dont know how much of this is true but article in The times seems to suggest that although he is in intensive care he may not be as bad as some in there. It also says that he is being seen by the top man and Saint Thomas is one of the top if not the top hospital for respiratory diseases. It also says that he has been moved to the private part of the hospital. All in all, the impression i got is that yes he is being treated by the NHS but is getting the VIP treatment, as you might expect. I am no fan of his politics but hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

20 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The times seems to suggest that although he is in intensive care he may not be as bad as some in there. It also says that he is being seen by the top man and Saint Thomas is one of the top if not the top hospital for respiratory diseases. It also says that he has been moved to the private part of the hospital. All in all, the impression i got is that yes he is being treated by the NHS but is getting the VIP treatment, as you might expect

On 27/03/2020 at 14:54, SchtivePesley said:

Yep - and if his symptoms worsen and he requires hospitalisation, I wonder where he will be in the queue for an ICU bed/ventilator?

Remember - we're all in it together...

Yeah I expected it on the 27th - the day he announced he had tested positive

Getting bored of the daily briefings now.

They just arent answering the questions posed to them and are just repeating what is said every day.

Are we near the peak yet?

What is the peak? Peak infections or peak deaths?

Wasnt the original prediction we would peak around Easter weekend?

From a  friend who works in the NHS:-

"Who knows, I think it's worse in larger hospitals in bigger cities but they've been preparing us for this surge for 3 weeks, they keep saying it's coming but it never does! I dont think anyone actually knows anything"

12 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Robert Peston is some egomaniac.

We know who you are, we don't need to see a sign above your head telling us again.

Laura Kuenssberg is useless as well.  Both engage in 'gotcha' questioning whilst asking the same idiotic questions,  usually starting with assertions they try to pass off as fact. 

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Getting bored of the daily briefings now.

They just arent answering the questions posed to them and are just repeating what is said every day.

Are we near the peak yet?

What is the peak? Peak infections or peak deaths?

Wasnt the original prediction we would peak around Easter weekend?

From a  friend who works in the NHS:-

"Who knows, I think it's worse in larger hospitals in bigger cities but they've been preparing us for this surge for 3 weeks, they keep saying it's coming but it never does! I dont think anyone actually knows anything"

I think they have to be careful based upon it is clearly an unknown. All the models they are using suggest a drop in cases but the proof will only be known when the totals come in. 
If they start giving people the idea the worst is over how many do you think will be back out or having their mates round because we’re over the worst?

I think it is peak infections because the deaths follow about 2 - 3 weeks after. 

44 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yeah I expected it on the 27th - the day he announced he had tested positive

Come on though, be sensible. You’d expect the prime minister, regardless of which party he/she leads to be treated with a little more of a priority the rest of us mere mortals. 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But I hope starts feel better really really soon.

Tell her get to bed and stay there.

that's what I tell my wife when football is on.

Sith Happens
Just now, Tamworthram said:

It seems she may have been expelled from the Labour Party.

yep and kudos to them.  think she retains the position though. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

On the verge of losing my job thanks to the virus. The main thing is my family are healthy, money is money. Hopefully something comes up.

sorry to hear that,  my wife's company are struggling,  may not make it. very sad times. 

hope you sort something 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Robert Peston is some egomaniac.

We know who you are, we don't need to see a sign above your head telling us again.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Laura Kuenssberg is useless as well.  Both engage in 'gotcha' questioning whilst asking the same idiotic questions,  usually starting with assertions they try to pass off as fact. 

All becoming a bit repetitive now isnt it?

Why not give some other people a go at questions. 

Maybe even open it up to the NHS or general public to submit questions.

49 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

On the verge of losing my job thanks to the virus. The main thing is my family are healthy, money is money. Hopefully something comes up.

Good luck pal and hope things work out.

I was made redundant from my first ever job and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened.

I took a backwards step and a pay cut but ended up in a company where, through a stroke of luck, I was able to work my way up through the company a bit quicker than normally would have been the case.

Hope all works out for you and I think the great outlook you have taken on the matter will stand you in good stead.

Archived