Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

The place Covid-19 started is utterly irrelevant.

The place Russian bots are, or who they are employed by, is highly relevant.

Nobody trapped you into saying something so stupid.

If where it started is irrelevant, why do the Chinese keep blaming the Americans for it?

17 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Because that is what the media has been using, which will soon change as states assert their influence due to the antics of the CCP. 

I edited the original post because I initially misread your reply.

I highly doubt that the BBC will start calling it the 'Chinese virus'.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Police said she had a glazed expression when asked what she was doing in there. 

They also said the driver showed them one of the windows in an attempt to prove it was a necessary journey but they saw right through it.

39 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You really seem quite exercised by this. Has someone in the past suggested you look a bit Chinese?  Strange because I always imagined you having eyes that were more Japanese in shape and appearance.

33 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Another bizarre post.

I believe @i-Ram is referring to your "jap's eye"

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I edited the original post because I initially misread your reply.

I highly doubt that the BBC will start calling it the 'Chinese virus'.

Doesn't matter, they aren't the only media outlet. What matters most is the term people then choose to adopt. The point i think you are ultimately missing is that politicians are not happy with the CCP and the CCP have already begun a misinformation campaign. They are going to use China in its name as a means to begin punishing the CCP and then come the sanctions. 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Both Carluccios and Bright house collapse into administration.

4,500 jobs lost, which is a great shame even though Bright House was a despicable business model.

Sad for the Bright House staff. Horrible business and I'm glad it's gone under though.

2 hours ago, jono said:

Ahhh but that isn’t quite true of the verse or it’s intention. ... because the poem finishes ...” till earth and sky stand presently under gods great judgment seat. Then there is neither east nor west, border nor breed, just two strong men standing face to face though they come from the ends of the earth “  

please can I have my smart arse medal now ?

Mutual respect between individuals is not the bridging of the cultural divide. Your own quoted passage, which is only the end of the first and last stanza, states clearly, 'under gods great judgment seat' ie when we meet our maker! The 'just two strong men standing face to face' is the preface to the rest of the ballad, the story of which I'm sure you know, whereby Kipling illustrates how as individuals, we can find mutual respect despite the cultural divide. Though not on this forum, obviously ?

Academics have actually argued this very point for a hundred years now so whilst I'm may be being mean, I'm withholding your smart arse badge until such time as you point me at a thesis that changes my opinion. Needless to say though, Bob The Fudger won't be getting a badge whatever he comes up with ?

Archived