Coronavirus

1of4

16 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I think all work, unless it's to produce food or to keep essential services open, should stop. Definitely can't see the point of allowing construction work to carry on, unless it's to make a builing safe.

Mate it's really a job by job situation. We're working on a new hospital that opens in April, there is no way we will down tools at this point of time. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I hope this stupid ducker has some deep pockets for the lawsuits coming his way if anybody gets sick on going back. And stunned to see him posting with Trump.

Jerry Falwell Jr defies calls for coronavirus closures and reopens Liberty University

Words fail me. It's sad I take more notice and believe the Chinese government more than the" leaders of the western world" these days.

So my wedding was indeed postponed ?
In more positive news managed somehow to get all the vendors and the venue to agree a new date back end of August so fingers crossed some sort of return to normality may have happened by then!

25 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

So my wedding was indeed postponed ?
In more positive news managed somehow to get all the vendors and the venue to agree a new date back end of August so fingers crossed some sort of return to normality may have happened by then!

Mine is booked for October so hoping that everything is back to some degree of normality by then! Good luck.

Taken less than 3 days of symptoms for them to get severe enough for me not to be able to work from home. Fever keeps climbing and my chest is in agony. What I'd give to just have the flu.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Taken less than 3 days of symptoms for them to get severe enough for me not to be able to work from home. Fever keeps climbing and my chest is in agony. What I'd give to just have the flu.

Sorry to hear that. Keep us informed. I think a lot of people are presuming if you're under 70, it's nothing. Sounds much more than a mild flu to me.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

We're not even 1% into this yet. 

@bigbadbob 

Yesterday it was still a tiny % of the population that have caught the virus. 1 in 8000 people in derbyshire.

But if it carries on speading at the present rate there will be a 100x increase in less than 3 weeks. 

Hopefully it won't, and the isolation measures will have had some impact. 

If anyone is curious, I have just signed up for the call for 250,000 NHS volunteers. It was an easy process, I just needed to answer a few questions and upload an image of my driving licence or passport. Sadly, I can only offer the remote telephone contact option as my wife is meant to be self isolating for 12 weeks due to her cancer treatment. I don't think it really applies to her as her treatment finished a couple of months ago but, best to be safe than sorry and we don't want to burden the NHS by asking for clarification.

Just putting it out there in case anyone else is as lucky as I am to have the capacity and desire to offer something. I know there are many of you out there that simply couldn't do it. Hats off to you folk and thanks for keeping our essential services going.

Deportivo Alaves: The Spanish football club confirmed a total of 15 positive coronavirus cases, including three players from the first team squad and seven members of the coaching staff. None of those affected have displayed any symptoms, the La Liga side said in a statement on March 18. 

Blaise Matuidi: The Juventus and France midfielder has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Turin-based Serie A club said in a statement on March 17. Juve said Matuidi, a World Cup winner with France in 2018, was in self-isolation at home and not showing any symptoms.

Daniele Rugani: Another Juventus player and Italian defender has also tested positive.

Mikel Arteta: On March 12, the 37-year-old Arsenal manager was the first in England's football Premier League to be diagnosed with the coronavirus. 

Callum Hudson-Odoi: On the same day, the 19-year-old Chelsea winger also said he was infected. 

Sampdoria: Five footballers from the Italian club have tested positive, along with the team's doctor. 

Dusan Vlahovic: The Serbian striker for Fiorentina, another Serie A club, is also infected.

Paulo Dybala: The Juventus and Argentina soccer forward had tested positive for coronavirus but has no symptoms.

Marouane Fellaini: The former Manchester United football player who currently plays for the Chinese Super League (CSL) has COVID-19, he said on Instagram.

Archived